Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 21 Jun 2005 09:19:03p, Dave Balderstone wrote in alt.home.repair:

In article , Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html

There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in
our new house. We're looking at alternatives where no water connection
is required.

"ScaleBlaster'sTM signal cable produces an oscillating electric field
using a unique and complex modulating frequency wave form that produces
an inaudible sonic impulse that changes the electrical and physical
properties of the scale-forming calcium molecules. This causes the
adhesive properties of the calcium carbonate crystals and other
minerals to repel rather than adhere to pipes, fixtures and remain
suspended in the water. This action stops any further build-up of scale
and because the solubility of the water is increased, existing scale is
taken back into the water and gradually removed."

A sonic impulse that changes the physical properties of calcium
molecules?

Sound like complete bull**** to me.

Maybe so. I've read everything on their website. That's why I was asking
if anyone had actual experience with a unit like this. Unsubstantiated
opinions and conjecture prove nothing.

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0525-1, 06/21/2005
Tested on: 6/21/2005 9:49:49 PM