Old Fangled

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
:

Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html

Yep -- I had one of these plus one of the "catalytic precious metal" units
installed in my house when I bought it. I had to replace all of the
toilets because they were scaled up so badly -- not a very good testimonial
for those things.

There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in
our new house. We're looking at alternatives where no water
connection is required.

You are out of luck. All of these alternatives are nothing but quackery
designed to separate you from your money.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/