Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Default Making a mini-digital scale or: the YADRO-files part 7

Hi

I'm in the process of fitting my homebrewn DRO to my -I call it a-
lathe. As that lathe is not one of the biggest, there is no place left
for digital scales right out of the box. So I had to modify an existing
digital caliper and to convert it to a nice little ruggedized digital
scale.

Out came a scale 110mm long, 22mm wide, 10mm thick and a travel of 50mm.
That steel case has all in it that makes a digital scale. The couppling
strip and the PCB from the caliper. The PCB needed some hefty
modification to get that small and lost it's LCD during that process.

I have described all that he
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de/werkstatt/09_yadro/part_7.html

Enjoy!
Nick