Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Recommendations digital bathroom scale

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 1:06:58 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 3/4/19 1:43 AM, Mike wrote:

[snip]

I suggest that a blood test for sugar and cholesterol might be
better indicators overall. But you can't normally get those from
a bathroom scale.

There's a long term (3-4 months) test called H1c that corresponds to
blood sugar, and home (no lab involved) test kits are available.

One fact I found interesting is that bread (and similar foods) have a
lot more effect on blood sugar than candy bars do. That's not a good
excuse to eat too many candy bars.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion

I assume you're a diabetic? Have you tried the new soybean based pastas?
I'm not diabetic, but am a low carber. This kind of stuff has been around
for 20 years, but back then it was horrible and I gave up on it. Recently
I read a LC cookbook that talked about it, so I tried one again. I was
pleasantly surprised. It's still not real pasta, that's for sure. But
where the old stuff was really inedible, this new stuff is close enough
to pasta that with some sauce on it, it's enjoyable. Only about 7g of carb
in a serving. It's in the organic, natural food section of my supermarket,
Costco has one that half the price of the supermarket ones. Seapoint Farms
is one brand, I had their organic edamame fettuccine. I think that's
better than the spaghetti style, which is what Costco has, but they are
both worth a try. If you have it with some good sauce and a meatball,
it's really pretty good.