Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What will remove the glue from "Mouse Glue Traps".

No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are
quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck
to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything
else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted.
It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night.
Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and
found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use
gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too
easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 5:22:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are
quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck
to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything
else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted.
It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night.
Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and
found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use
gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too
easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

I would try any food safe oil such as corn oil, vegetable oil, olive oil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 25 Sep 2018 16:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Davej
wrote:

[...]

Yes, I had some of those which had instructions on how to release an
animal you have trapped and it said I'm 99% sure to use cooking oil.

Mouse traps KenK Home Repair 45 July 2nd 14 07:19 PM
Good for nothin' mouse traps, and custom bedroom wall unit (0/4) ghost[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 August 20th 07 03:55 AM
"Glue" Mouse/Rat Traps judith UK diy 47 July 30th 07 01:50 PM
I need 50 mouse traps Ken Home Repair 18 January 2nd 07 05:27 PM
Country Mouse - City Mouse: A Reply To Scott Cramer. Tom Watson Woodworking 16 July 31st 03 05:59 PM