Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default "Glue" Mouse/Rat Traps

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:06:28 +0100 someone who may be judith
wrote this:-

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

But do their legs get pulled off if you try and remove them?
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

How is it humane to stick them to anything for any time at all? I am
surprised they can be imported. I dare say someone should alert the
RSPCA. What sort of cnut would stock them?

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

judith wrote:

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

Put them in a hospice, and let them die in peace.

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

Take them to Guantanamo bay instead!

Or lock them up without charge for 28 days.

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".
It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

How is it humane to stick them to anything for any time at all? I am
surprised they can be imported. I dare say someone should alert the
RSPCA. What sort of cnut would stock them?

Sure. Poison them and let them die in agony instead.

Good grief. A mouse has little imagination really..and probably zero
sense of time.

It will try pulling itself free, till it gets tired out, then lie there
waiting for whatever comes next.

SPLAT!

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

news
wrote this:-

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

Better than having them walking around!

A 'snap' trap is better cos it stands a better chance of killing the beggars
straight away!

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"judith" wrote in message

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

Any of those!

Gently remove the mouse from the glue and give it to your cat.

Adam

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 24 Jul, 11:06, judith wrote:
I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

If you must kill your mice, at least dont torture them.

Catching them live and putting them outside costs nothing.

NT

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 24 Jul, 18:11, wrote:

If you must kill your mice, at least dont torture them.

Catching them live and putting them outside costs nothing.

They're house mice, SFAIK they don't live outside. They'll just head
for the nearest house, to resume their function of leaving a trail of
urine and droppings across every surface where food has been handled.
Or they'll be intercepted by a cat on the way.

There's no bunny hugger route to dealing with them, releasing them
just passes your problem, and the problems caused by the myriad
offspring produced in their short lives, on to many other. Bite the
bullet and just kill them.

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

k...

"judith" wrote in message

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

Any of those!

Gently remove the mouse from the glue and give it to your cat.

Why would a cat want glue?

Mary

Adam

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

But do their legs get pulled off if you try and remove them?

No, not at all, at all.

They pull them off themselves.

And unfortunately I am not joking.

In his greengrocers shop my uncle used to use some gook called Dak
which he spread on a piece of cardborad box and left on the floor in
rat runs.

Usually in the morning all was left was one or more sets of four feet
glued to the cardboard. 8-((

DG

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:57:50 +0100, Derek Geldard
wrote:

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

But do their legs get pulled off if you try and remove them?

No, not at all, at all.

They pull them off themselves.

And unfortunately I am not joking.

In his greengrocers shop my uncle used to use some gook called Dak
which he spread on a piece of cardborad box and left on the floor in
rat runs.

Usually in the morning all was left was one or more sets of four feet
glued to the cardboard. 8-((

DG

Oh that's horrid. Much more horrid than finding half of one chewed up
on the floor.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

But do their legs get pulled off if you try and remove them?

No, not at all, at all.

They pull them off themselves.

And unfortunately I am not joking.

In his greengrocers shop my uncle used to use some gook called Dak
which he spread on a piece of cardborad box and left on the floor in
rat runs.

Usually in the morning all was left was one or more sets of four feet
glued to the cardboard. 8-((

DG

Oh that's horrid. Much more horrid than finding half of one chewed up
on the floor.

Nothing horrid about the death of vermin, however they die.

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"judith" wrote in message

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

Any of those!

Gently remove the mouse from the glue and give it to your cat.

Why would a cat want glue?

To stick mice to the floor!

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 24 Jul, 11:06, judith wrote:
I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

If you must kill your mice, at least dont torture them.

Catching them live and putting them outside costs nothing.

But just transfer the problem to someone else, kill the beggars!

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:45:12 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

Usually in the morning all was left was one or more sets of four feet
glued to the cardboard. 8-((

DG

Oh that's horrid. Much more horrid than finding half of one chewed up
on the floor.

Nothing horrid about the death of vermin, however they die.

The bloody stump prints would be horrid.
I think I'm just objecting to having to pick the dead ones up.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"judith" wrote in message

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

The best mouse trap I have used was from b&q and is a plastic box with a
hinged door and ramp.
When the mouse enters the ramp drops and the door closes. it then opens
again so more than one mouse will fit.

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
k...

Gently remove the mouse from the glue and give it to your cat.

Is the glue strong enough for cats?

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:42:29 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"judith" wrote in message
.. .

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

The best mouse trap I have used was from b&q and is a plastic box with a
hinged door and ramp.
When the mouse enters the ramp drops and the door closes. it then opens
again so more than one mouse will fit.

I used to live in a row of newish town houses - they used to run from
the property from the left - through my property in to the property on
the right - using the gap between the downstairs ceiling and the
bedroom floor as the run.

I took up a bedroom floorboard. Put aluminium foil on the ceiling run
- hung a second piece of foil vertically with just a small gap between
it and the horizontal piece. Mains to the two pieces across the gap
and bob's your uncle.

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2007 23:52, judith wrote:

I took up a bedroom floorboard. Put aluminium foil on the ceiling run
- hung a second piece of foil vertically with just a small gap between
it and the horizontal piece. Mains to the two pieces across the gap
and bob's your uncle.

So when the house catches fire from a pile of smouldering mice who'll
explain it to the insurance company?

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:45:04 GMT someone who may be "ARWadsworth"
wrote this:-

Gently remove the mouse from the glue and give it to your cat.

Is this for cats which are too lazy to catch mice themselves?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:30:53 GMT someone who may be "Alan Holmes"
wrote this:-

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

Better than having them walking around!

I didn't say it was better to leave them walking around.

A 'snap' trap is better cos it stands a better chance of killing the beggars
straight away!

It will kill them more quickly, but often not straight away. Mice in
particular tend to just get their snout caught by one and then
presumably they die of the pain.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

Better than having them walking around!

I didn't say it was better to leave them walking around.

A 'snap' trap is better cos it stands a better chance of killing the
beggars
straight away!

It will kill them more quickly, but often not straight away. Mice in
particular tend to just get their snout caught by one and then
presumably they die of the pain.

I've only seen one (two actually, babies in the same trap - it must be
unusual) which had been caught by the snout. All others have died of a
headache.

Mary

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Usually in the morning all was left was one or more sets of four feet
glued to the cardboard. 8-((

DG

Oh that's horrid. Much more horrid than finding half of one chewed up
on the floor.

Nothing horrid about the death of vermin, however they die.

The bloody stump prints would be horrid.
I think I'm just objecting to having to pick the dead ones up.

Good grief!

Isn't it about time you moved to a city top floor flat?
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:32:28 +0100 someone who may be "Mary Fisher"
wrote this:-

I've only seen one (two actually, babies in the same trap - it must be
unusual) which had been caught by the snout. All others have died of a
headache.

My experience is the other way round.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Usually in the morning all was left was one or more sets of four feet
glued to the cardboard. 8-((

DG

Oh that's horrid. Much more horrid than finding half of one chewed up
on the floor.
Nothing horrid about the death of vermin, however they die.

The bloody stump prints would be horrid.
I think I'm just objecting to having to pick the dead ones up.

Good grief!

Isn't it about time you moved to a city top floor flat?

No I've gone more rural - I thinkI need to get one of those catflaps
with a camera which only allows the cat in if she's not holding
baggage.

It's only been two - no hang on three including the live one. But the
big cat jumped on that and took it out for me.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I've only seen one (two actually, babies in the same trap - it must be
unusual) which had been caught by the snout. All others have died of a
headache.

My experience is the other way round.

Perhaps ours aren't as nervous... or more hungry ... or it might be that we
leave a baited but 'flat' trap around and not until the bait is taken do we
then bait a set trap. By that time they're used to taking bait without
hesitation.

Mary

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Usually in the morning all was left was one or more sets of four feet
glued to the cardboard. 8-((

DG
Oh that's horrid. Much more horrid than finding half of one chewed up
on the floor.
Nothing horrid about the death of vermin, however they die.

The bloody stump prints would be horrid.
I think I'm just objecting to having to pick the dead ones up.

Good grief!

Isn't it about time you moved to a city top floor flat?

No I've gone more rural - I thinkI need to get one of those catflaps
with a camera which only allows the cat in if she's not holding
baggage.

Well if you have gone rural, you had better get used to the site of
dismembered cotrses left by your inhuman(e) neighbours littering the place.

And if you take the myxy rabbit to the vets to be put down, instead of a
big stick to thwack him behind the ears, you are in for a big load of
mazuma.

It's only been two - no hang on three including the live one. But the
big cat jumped on that and took it out for me.

Usually they let them go, and you discover their dessicated corpses
under the kitchen units in few years time.

The smell fades reasonably fast.
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

It is not humane to leave them stuck to the trap for hours/days.

Better than having them walking around!

I didn't say it was better to leave them walking around.

A 'snap' trap is better cos it stands a better chance of killing the
beggars
straight away!

It will kill them more quickly, but often not straight away. Mice in
particular tend to just get their snout caught by one and then
presumably they die of the pain.

Good, so it will teach them not to come into my house!

Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I've only seen one (two actually, babies in the same trap - it must be
unusual) which had been caught by the snout. All others have died of a
headache.

My experience is the other way round.

So how do you get rid of them?