Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
judith judith is offline

Default "Glue" Mouse/Rat Traps

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:42:29 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"judith" wrote in message
.. .

I have just seen in a pound shop some awesome mouse and rat traps.
They are effectively cardboard tunnels with very strong glue on the
internal "walk-way".

It says on the packaging - please dispose of any caught animals
humanely!!

Certainly:
Lump Hammer? Stanley knife? or just a size ten footstep on the
complete issue?

The best mouse trap I have used was from b&q and is a plastic box with a
hinged door and ramp.
When the mouse enters the ramp drops and the door closes. it then opens
again so more than one mouse will fit.

I used to live in a row of newish town houses - they used to run from
the property from the left - through my property in to the property on
the right - using the gap between the downstairs ceiling and the
bedroom floor as the run.

I took up a bedroom floorboard. Put aluminium foil on the ceiling run
- hung a second piece of foil vertically with just a small gap between
it and the horizontal piece. Mains to the two pieces across the gap
and bob's your uncle.