Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default What will remove the glue from "Mouse Glue Traps".

On 9/25/2018 6:16 PM, wrote:
No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are
quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck
to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything
else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted.
It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night.
Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and
found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use
gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too
easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

I think a petroleum like solvent is needed. Mineral spirits might be a
bit safer but still flammable. Maybe Vaseline or mineral oil would work
but then have to be washed off with soap and water.