DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What will remove the glue from "Mouse Glue Traps". (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/619658-what-will-remove-glue-mouse-glue-traps.html)

[email protected] September 25th 18 11:16 PM

What will remove the glue from "Mouse Glue Traps".

No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are
quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck
to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything
else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted.
It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night.
Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and
found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use
gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too
easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

Frank[_24_] September 25th 18 11:32 PM

On 9/25/2018 6:16 PM, wrote:
No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are
quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck
to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything
else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted.
It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night.
Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and
found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use
gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too
easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

I think a petroleum like solvent is needed. Mineral spirits might be a
bit safer but still flammable. Maybe Vaseline or mineral oil would work
but then have to be washed off with soap and water.

Davej September 26th 18 12:28 AM

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 5:22:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are
quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck
to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything
else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted.
It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night.
Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and
found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use
gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too
easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

I would try any food safe oil such as corn oil, vegetable oil, olive oil.

micky September 26th 18 04:59 AM

What will remove the glue from "Mouse Glue Traps".

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 25 Sep 2018 16:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Davej
wrote:

[...]

Yes, I had some of those which had instructions on how to release an
animal you have trapped and it said I'm 99% sure to use cooking oil.

[email protected] September 26th 18 09:23 PM

wrote:

No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are
quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck
to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything
else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted.
It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night.
Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and
found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use
gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too
easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

Soap and hot water.

Really? Have you tried it?

I'd try it right now, but I dont have any of them traps at the moment.