Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic bottle farce

On 4/3/2018 12:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/02/2018 09:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I was hoping that would be true for Trump.Â* He cost me (and many others)
aÂ* big loss over the past few days with his dumb practices and going off
on Amazon because he does not like the Washington Posts.

He deals in stupid tweets instead of facts. Not very business like.

Trump didn't help but the FANG's aren't too shiny this week. Zuckie's
net worth dropping by a billion or two didn't have anything to do with
Trump.

That did not bother me as it was well deserved. He's an arrogant prick
that thought he could rule the social media world. Give it some time
and he may be applying for a job at My Space.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 17:39:56 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:33:42 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/3/2018 12:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/02/2018 09:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I was hoping that would be true for Trump. He cost me (and many others)
a big loss over the past few days with his dumb practices and going off
on Amazon because he does not like the Washington Posts.

He deals in stupid tweets instead of facts. Not very business like.

Trump didn't help but the FANG's aren't too shiny this week. Zuckie's
net worth dropping by a billion or two didn't have anything to do with
Trump.

That did not bother me as it was well deserved. He's an arrogant prick
that thought he could rule the social media world. Give it some time
and he may be applying for a job at My Space.

Who cares what people on Twitter think anyway?

Zuckerberg is Facebook but it is the same thing. They let you on for
free, then sell everything you tell them about yourself.
My dog has a facebook page but they don't seem to know me at all (I
downloaded the data)
They have sniffed Amazon cookies off of my machine tho. I told that
furry prick to use his own machine from now on.

I suppose the real trick is to just use a separate browser for social
media and don't share data between them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I have 8 different web browsers on this machine that I play with. Sometimes a locked down secure browser won't display a page properly and I must copy the address and load it into Internet Explorer so I can view the darn site.. I'm in Slimjet Browser right now and using a proxy in New York City supplied by the Browsec add-on. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Secured Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why bother with all that? I use Opera and it works 99% of the time. If it fails I just use Internet Explorer. If a web page won't work with either of those it can **** off. When designing a web page you should make it work with all browsers, or at least the well known ones.

And what irritates me is every time I load Internet Explorer it asks me to try "Edge" or some such bull****. Just because they change the name I see no reason I have to download it seperately. It should upgrade itself like any other software.
--

I like to play with different software, operating systems and apps. I have several hard drives in this machine and I can run a different OS if I wish but I tend to stick with Windows 7. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Operating Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Senile Yanks Farce! LOL

On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 18:04:40 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Senile Monster drooled and
driveled again:

I like to play with different software, operating systems and apps.

....and especially with the filthy Scottish ******'s cock, obviously! LOL

[8~{} Uncle Cocksucking Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why use 7 instead of 10?
--

I have a computer that has Win 10 loaded on it. I also have computers with DOS, Win3.1, Win XP, Win Vista, Linux, FreeBSD, Chrome OS and of course, Android on my tablet computers except for the Amazon tablet that runs Amazon Fire OS. I have operating systems I forgot I had loaded on some hard drives.. I even have an Apple computer somewhere. I like to play with computers. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Operating Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You have too much time on your hands :-P

[8~{} Uncle Operating Monster

You've used that twice! Do I win a prize for spotting this?
--

I use the same sig a lot of times. I'm disabled and can't work anymore. What do you suggest I do? I like playing with computers. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Experimental Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Apr 2018 14:05:40 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Why use 7 instead of 10?

If you are not using a touch screen, there is not much 10 offers over
8 or even 7.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 07:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Senil Monster drooled and
driveled again:

some hard drives. I even have an Apple computer somewhere. I like to play
with computers. ^_^

Obviously NOT as much as you like playing with the filthy Scottish troll's
cock, you toothless senile oaf!

[8~{} Uncle Senile Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why use 7 instead of 10?

If you are not using a touch screen, there is not much 10 offers over
8 or even 7.

I have a normal desktop with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I've always used the latest version of windows. Why use something that's outdated?

Just because they have a newer one does not make your old one
outdated. It is not outdated until it stops doing the tasks you ask of
it. Do you buy a new car every year? How about your TV? Phone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Senile Yanks Farce!

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 09:44:54 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Senile Monster drooled and
driveled again:

I use the same sig a lot of times. I'm disabled and can't work anymore.
What do you suggest I do? I like playing with computers. O_o

But especially you like playing with the filthy Scottish sow's cock! BG

[8~{} Uncle Experimental Cocksucking Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 19:56:24 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

It works.

His trolling you, certainly works perfectly for him, you senile oaf! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why use 7 instead of 10?

If you are not using a touch screen, there is not much 10 offers over
8 or even 7.

I have a normal desktop with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I've
always used the latest version of windows. Why use something that's
outdated?

It works.

The older versions constantly irritate me. Even something as simple as
selecting and copying files, Windows 10 is just so much cleverer the way
it does it.

What's cleverer than

copy d:\dirtyPictures\MileyCyrus.jpeg .

?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why use 7 instead of 10?

If you are not using a touch screen, there is not much 10 offers over
8 or even 7.

I have a normal desktop with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I've
always used the latest version of windows. Why use something that's
outdated?

It works.

The older versions constantly irritate me. Even something as simple as selecting and copying files, Windows 10 is just so much cleverer the way it does it.

I prefer better control of files than you get with the cartoon
interface. It just depends on whether you want to know you have a
computer or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 07:43:13 -0600, rbowman wrote:

The older versions constantly irritate me. Even something as simple as
selecting and copying files, Windows 10 is just so much cleverer the way
it does it.

What's cleverer than

copy d:\dirtyPictures\MileyCyrus.jpeg .

?

COPY D:\MP3Files\*.MP3 Dlaylist\.m3u /ON/B
(creates a standard play list from the MP3 files directory sorted by
artist name)
or
XCOPY D:\files d:backup /S /M /D:01-01-2018
(Copies all files from "files" and every sub directory under it to
"backup" that were created since 1/1/18 that have been modified since
the last time you copied them or otherwise reset the archive bit)
A clever person can do things with a few keystrokes in DOS that you
need an extra software package to do in Windoze.
There are DOS text editors can do things to a flat text file that you
pretty much cannot do in windoze unless you want to create an excel
spread sheet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 16:34:06 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

The earliest windowses were terrible, the whole copy operation could end up aborted just because you ran out of disk space on a removable drive, which you could put a new disk into and continue with later versions.

You could do all of that with DOS 30 years ago.
If you store this as a batch file it does exactly what you are saying.
It was meant for copying to diskettes that run out of space a lot
faster than a thumb drive

run line would be XCOPIER C:\myfiles*.* A:

(XCOPIER.BAT)
ECHO SETTING ATTRIBITES ON %1
ATTRIB +A %1 %3
ECHO COPYING %1 TO %2
:RUNCOPY
XCOPY %1 %2 /M %3
IF ERRORLEVEL 4 GOTO AGAIN
GOTO END
:AGAIN
ECHO CHANGE DISKETTES THEN
PAUSE
GOTO RUNCOPY
:END

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 16:52:29 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 16:45:51 +0100, wrote:

[...]

I can make a playlist by simply dragging files onto Window Media Player, no typing required.

Sure, dragging files one at a time.
This takes about a second and I am not dragging that media player hog
around.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 07:43:13 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

What's cleverer than

copy d:\dirtyPictures\MileyCyrus.jpeg .

?

What's more retarded than a troll-feeding senile lonely Yank like you,
lowbrowman?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 13:33:21 -0400, , the mentally
challenged, notorious, troll-feeding retard, blabbered again:

You could do all of that with DOS 30 years ago.

I KNEW it! You ARE just another miserable senile lonely cocksucker! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And on an up to date windows, I just drag.

The difference is DOS gives you more control over what gets copied. If
it is too complicated for you to do I understand.
Some people like Apple.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, I can drag folders, groups of files, whatever I like. Much much easier than typing commands.

This takes about a second and I am not dragging that media player hog
around.

It uses 1% of my CPU when running.

Some of us don't have a problem typing and how would you easily just
drag and drop files that had not been backed up, that start with the
string "Glasgow" and only include ".JPG" files?
Windows would let you sort for file name, extension or date but not
all 3.

In DOS it is
XCOPY D:\Glasgow*.jpg d:backup /S /M /D:01-01-2018
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why type when you can just click? I'd just search for Glasgow, then sort the results by type.

But you either sort by type or date, not both.
At a certain point I will be able to type that command far faster than
all of your clicks.

If you like windoze, use it but don't deny it is the not always best
solution to every problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why use 7 instead of 10?

If you are not using a touch screen, there is not much 10 offers over
8 or even 7.

I have a normal desktop with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I've
always used the latest version of windows. Why use something that's
outdated?

It works.

The older versions constantly irritate me. Even something as simple as
selecting and copying files, Windows 10 is just so much cleverer the way
it does it.

What's cleverer than

copy d:\dirtyPictures\MileyCyrus.jpeg .

?

That's what you'd write in DOS.

Or Linux... If you want to bring up File Explorer or whatever they
call it in Win10, find the file, right click, select copy from the menu,
go to the target directory, right click, and select paste, go right
ahead. It drives me crazy when some of our younger employees do that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The newer windowses are much better when things happen like there's
already a file there with the same name. Nice options are presented to
you to allow you to compare dates, file sizes, see previews of the
photos etc.

Does Win10 still think ****Me.dat and ****me.dat are the same file?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:31:09 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Does Win10 still think ****Me.dat and ****me.dat are the same file?

Does it matter? The Scottish sow will **** and sling you around, any way you
write it! You are just too senile to notice it, lowbrowman! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:04:34 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

FLUSH senile idiot's senile drivel
Posted to alt.home.repair

I can open the folders for source and destination a lot faster than
typing the folder names. Plus I don't need to know the precise name.

Windows did figure out tab completion about 15 years ago.