Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bathroom fan cleaning farce

Just replaced my bathroom fan - previous one died after 12+years

Like for like replacement so I assume it is not covered by Part P
shenanigans - (as if I care )

I quote from the Expelair instruction leaflet

Cleaning (recommended once a month)
A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN MUST CARRY
OUT ALL CLEANING

the instructions continue

1. Before cleaning, isolate the fan completely
from the mains supply.
2. Remove the front cover by pressing the
release catches located on the sides at the
unit with a 3mm screwdriver, whilst pulling the
front cover forward L
3. To clean the front cover, either wipe it with a
damp, lint free cloth or wash it in warm soapy
water. Thoroughly dry the front cover and
refit.
4. Do not immerse the fan in water or other
liquids to clean any other parts of the fan.
5. Never use strong solvents to clean the fan.
6. Apart from cleaning, no other maintenance is
required

So they expect me to pay for an electrician to come in monthly and
take the cover off and wipe it wilth a damp cloth

what is the world coming to !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message POGdnfzoSKXzU27anZ2dnUVZ8tHinZ2d@plusnet, Owain
writes
Frank Erskine wrote:
I quote from the Expelair instruction leaflet Cleaning
(recommended once a month)
A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN MUST CARRY
OUT ALL CLEANING

Is there a C&G cleaning course for electricians?

Well, unless they've had COSHH training they're not going to be allowed
anywhere near soapy water...

Is that why electricians always leave grubby finger marks on false
ceiling panels when thy change the lamps?
--
Neil J. Harris