Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic bottle farce

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:08:23 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/05/2018 09:45 AM, wrote:
There are DOS text editors can do things to a flat text file that you
pretty much cannot do in windoze unless you want to create an excel
spread sheet.

If you can't do it in gVim it doesn't need doing... The first
spreadsheet I had was SuperCalc which came bundled with an Osborne 1
CP/M machine. I couldn't figure out a use for it. About 35 years later I
still don't have a use for a spreadsheet.

CE3 a subset of the IBM Editor that has the ability to select columns
or rows, something you can't do in windoze text editors and you can
move them around, sort them, change case, insert/delete text globally
horizontally or vertically (handy if you are manipulating lists like a
play list) and a bunch of things I never used. There is also a text
search and the ability to insert script tags (similar to HTML)
The thing I like is the global changing of a vertical column. Say you
have a long playlist pointing to D: xxxxx and you want to make it E:
or something. You just light up the column and replace that character.
You can also do the type of moving columns like a spreadsheet all in
something that runs from DOS.