Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raw water anyone?

People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2018 11:57 AM, Bod wrote:
People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

Makes a lot of sense when you look at the facts. He states, "He told
The New York Times: Tap water? Youre drinking toilet water with birth
control drugs in them."

It seems to be working. My 71 year old wife drinks a lot of water and
she is not getting pregnant. There can be no other explanation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 11:57:31 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

--
Bod

Sounds like hysteria and fake news to me. The supermarkets here are stocked
full of many brands of spring water, which is not treated with chlorine
or similar. It comes out of the ground and is bottled, nothing new.
Calling it raw water is just another marketing tactic. Similar to calling
some sugar products "raw". So, people pour that on their food and the
dumb ones think it's somehow suddenly healthy. In reality, it's not much
different than regular sugar. Sure, there are some trace elements and such
there, but so too are all the carbs of regular sugar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

[...]

Bottled water is probably one of the biggest scams in the United
States. It certainly is ridiculously profitable.

I remember when Consumer Reports rated NYC tap water as one of the
purest, best tasting sources of water in the nation, or something to
that effect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:29:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/2/2018 11:57 AM, Bod wrote:
People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

Makes a lot of sense when you look at the facts. He states, "He told
The New York Times: Tap water? Youre drinking toilet water with birth
control drugs in them."

It seems to be working. My 71 year old wife drinks a lot of water and
she is not getting pregnant. There can be no other explanation.

My husband drinks a lot of tap water, and he's never gotten
pregnant, either.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/02/2018 09:57 AM, Bod wrote:
People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

Oh, good, I'm on top of a craze. I drink raw water every day. it goes
straight from the well to my coffee pot without a lot of plumbing in
between.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2018 11:57 AM, Bod wrote:
People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

Makes a lot of sense when you look at the facts. He states, "He told
The New York Times: Tap water? Youre drinking toilet water with birth
control drugs in them."

It seems to be working. My 71 year old wife drinks a lot of water and
she is not getting pregnant. There can be no other explanation.

My husband drinks a lot of tap water, and he's never gotten
pregnant, either.

Cindy Hamilton

I had an ultrasound done at the heart clinic and I asked the technician if it was a boy or a girl. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Heartless Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

On 01/02/2018 09:57 AM, Bod wrote:
People are paying through the nose for ?raw water? which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? ?Raw water? is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

Oh, good, I'm on top of a craze. I drink raw water every day. it goes
straight from the well to my coffee pot without a lot of plumbing in
between.

I have been drinking the 'raw water' myself for around 40 years. It too
comes out of a well and just goes to the pipes in the house. No
filtering in the pipes. Must be ok as I am in very good health at 67.

I did live in a small town of about 30,000 for the first 25 years or so
and drank the processed water of the city.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 09:33:59 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

It is very easy to remove the chlorine with a simple carbon filter.
Most refrigerators with water on the door have them now.
I get my water from a well and I suppose it is about as raw as you get
from the hose bibs (directly off the well) but I treat it myself
before I drink it. Still no chemicals tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:00:12 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

It is very easy to remove the chlorine with a simple carbon filter.
Most refrigerators with water on the door have them now.
I get my water from a well and I suppose it is about as raw as you get
from the hose bibs (directly off the well) but I treat it myself
before I drink it. Still no chemicals tho.

Chlorine isn't harmful.

What an unbelievable driveling idiot! tsk

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep "thinking":
"A cucumber looks and smells nothing like a snake."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It just tastes bad if you are not used to it. When I lived in DC I
never noticed but now "city water" tastes like the water in my pool.
That is not surprising because both contain about 3PPM cl.
In fact DC tap water test "ideal" with a 2 bottle pool test kit.
I agree storing it in the pipes is one reason why they put chlorine in
tap water even though most organisms do not thrive at over 20 PSI or
so. That is why you get a "boil water" notice when the pressure drops.
It is also because city water is "used" before you get it. There are a
few places that do not have anything up stream of the river where it
comes from but not many. If you are in New Orleans people have been
pooping and dumping chemicals in your water for 1300 miles up stream.
Maybe that is a good reason to drink bottled water there, assuming it
was bottled in a city with better water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:57:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

A Cajun in Louisiana calls bottled water "diet water". He also calls
eggs "cackle fruit".

I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times. Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:49:34 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:24:28 -0000, wrote:

[...]

I dunno what the concentrations are, bu swallowing some pool water at a public pool tastes 100 times stronger than tap water. Easiest way to notice the difference is to get some in your eye.

If they are using the recommended balance it should be exactly like
tap water 3 PPM. Usually it is a whacked pH that burns your eyes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:50:23 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:35:44 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:57:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

A Cajun in Louisiana calls bottled water "diet water". He also calls
eggs "cackle fruit".

I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times. Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.

When out hillwalking I drink water from streams, rivers, lakes, etc. People say it will kill me. Funny how it doesn't kill animals.

My dog drinks out of the toilet. It hasn't hurt him but I also watched
him eat a turd.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:35:44 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:57:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make
you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

A Cajun in Louisiana calls bottled water "diet water".* He also calls
eggs "cackle fruit".

I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times.* Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.

When out hillwalking I drink water from streams, rivers, lakes, etc.
People say it will kill me.* Funny how it doesn't kill animals.

Just wait until you get giardia the first time. You will love it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/02/2018 02:35 PM, Oren wrote:
I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times. Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

I've drank water from the Okefenokee; if alligators can live in it how
bad can it be?

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.

We had a dug well that tended to go dry. After my father died my mother
had a well drilled and they hit sulfur water. Hot showers really sucked
and the coffee was unique.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:35:44 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:57:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make
you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

A Cajun in Louisiana calls bottled water "diet water". He also calls
eggs "cackle fruit".

I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times. Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.

When out hillwalking I drink water from streams, rivers, lakes, etc.
People say it will kill me. Funny how it doesn't kill animals.

A good dose of giardia and you might wish it had.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 20:56:38 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 01/02/2018 02:35 PM, Oren wrote:
I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times. Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

I've drank water from the Okefenokee; if alligators can live in it how
bad can it be?

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.

We had a dug well that tended to go dry. After my father died my mother
had a well drilled and they hit sulfur water. Hot showers really sucked
and the coffee was unique.

Depending on what the sulfur compound it is, you may be able to get
rid of it easily. A aerator takes out the stuff we have here. You just
want that process to happen away from the house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 3:35:53 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:57:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

A Cajun in Louisiana calls bottled water "diet water". He also calls
eggs "cackle fruit".

I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times. Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.

I breathe raw air. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Breathless Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Or high levels of combined chlorine. Same thing with the smell.
A properly maintained pool should not smell of chlorine, except maybe very slightly and it should not burn your eyes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/18 12:38 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

[...]

Yeah, but that was way before they elected a series of libtard mayors;-)

--
Republicans believe what they see. Democrats see what they believe.
- Dick Armey (R, TX)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Jan 2018 21:17:07 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

My dog drinks out of the toilet. It hasn't hurt him but I also watched
him eat a turd.

That might not hurt us either, although I'm 100% sure I'd vomit before
much got down my throat. I have actually vomited trying to empty my
cat's litter tray.

I'm absolutely sure that many people in real life find YOU for vomiting,
Birdbrain, you filthy ******!

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"life":
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/02/2018 09:56 PM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

We had a dug well that tended to go dry. After my father died my mother
had a well drilled and they hit sulfur water. Hot showers really sucked
and the coffee was unique.

The well water I remember from the sixties and seventies had iron in it,
which caused it to look like weak beer. It was still very good for
drinking. Not so good for washing, since it really took a lot of rinsing
to get the soap off.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I almost feel like throwing Jimmy into the stove, as the priest in
Kulenberg did." [Martin Luther]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 3:23:46 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 06:12:03 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 3:35:53 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:57:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

A Cajun in Louisiana calls bottled water "diet water". He also calls
eggs "cackle fruit".

I drank "raw water" from a swamp many times. Never hurt me, twitch
twitch....

Artesian well water smells, but after getting used to it is very good.

I breathe raw air. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Breathless Monster

You not on one of those tubes? I've seen people answer the door dragging about 50 metres of tubing behind them. One day they'll get a kink in it.
--

I actually sleep better when I'm breathing with the help of an oxygen machine. I've had problems with pulmonary edema if I don't take a diuretic. I've had several serious episodes when the medical staff ignored what I told them what would happen if I didn't receive a diuretic. My lungs filled with fluid and I've almost drowned in my own body fluids. It's a scary situation when it happens. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Floating Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Senile Yank Alert! LOL

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 15:16:57 -0800 (PST), Auntie Senile Monster wrote:

I actually sleep better when I'm breathing with the help of an oxygen
machine. I've had problems with pulmonary edema if I don't take a
diuretic. I've had several serious episodes when the medical staff
ignored what I told them what would happen if I didn't receive a
diuretic. My lungs filled with fluid and I've almost drowned in my own
body fluids. It's a scary situation when it happens. o_O

[8~{} Auntie Blabbering Monster

You just make me laugh with your senile blather, senile auntie! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2018 11:29 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/2/2018 11:57 AM, Bod wrote:
People are paying through the nose for raw water which could make
you ill

Wanna hear a good one? Raw water is now a craze. Yes, people are
shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal
treated H20.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people...4/?ito=cbshare

Makes a lot of sense when you look at the facts.* He states, "He told
The New York Times: Tap water? Youre drinking toilet water with birth
control drugs in them."

It seems to be working.* My 71 year old wife drinks a lot of water and
she is not getting pregnant.* There can be no other explanation.

Ha!

I'd think raw water would have fish **** in it too

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

In the UK, I've been to many public swimming pools, and they always smell strongly of chlorine. You can't be serious about it being the same as tap water, that ain't gonna kill germs!

They should both be ~3 PPM. You just seldom have 30,000-40,000 gallons
of tap water in the same spot with people splashing in it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They should NOT be anywhere near as low as tapwater. Tapwater has to be low enough to drink, and it's also in clean pipes with nothing but water in them. Swimming pools have to deal with the constant influx of dirty bodies, and the water isn't going to be consumed (apart from an accidental mouthfull). They should be (and are) many times more concentrated than tap water.

I take it you do not have a pool and never actually ran one. I did
both and I have one in my back yard now. The recommended chlorine
level is 3PPM, same as tap water in the places I have tested it. I
said earlier, the water coming out of my tap in Washington DC tested
"ideal" on a pool test kit. They like to brag about their water
quality. It is right up there with New York City.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Just had a check, in England, tapwater is kept under 1ppm. Pool water is kept under 5ppm. So 5 times as much, not the same.

5 PPM for a pool is very high.
As a matter of fact I dropped a decimal point it is 0.3 ppm not 3
I did not see it on my tester.

This is from a UK web site

"For this reason combined chlorine residual should be kept to a
minimum, preferably below 0.2ppm"
http://www.elecro.co.uk/guide-to-swi...ater-chemistry
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just had a check, in England, tapwater is kept under 1ppm. Pool water is kept under 5ppm. So 5 times as much, not the same.

I just looked again and that web site I linked had the decimal wrong
it is 1-3 PPM
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just had a check, in England, tapwater is kept under 1ppm. Pool water is kept under 5ppm. So 5 times as much, not the same.

I just looked again and that web site I linked had the decimal wrong
it is 1-3 PPM

From experience I can tell you that public swimming pools have WAY more chlorine than tap water. From smell, taste, stinging eyes etc.

They must just assume Brits don't bathe often.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just had a check, in England, tapwater is kept under 1ppm. Pool water is kept under 5ppm. So 5 times as much, not the same.

I just looked again and that web site I linked had the decimal wrong
it is 1-3 PPM

From experience I can tell you that public swimming pools have WAY more chlorine than tap water. From smell, taste, stinging eyes etc.

They must just assume Brits don't bathe often.

Bathing doesn't remove bacteria.

Depends on the soap doesn't it?
Actually the biggest issue in commercial pools is suntan oil and other
things people smear on themselves. You end up with a scum line along
the tile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just had a check, in England, tapwater is kept under 1ppm. Pool water is kept under 5ppm. So 5 times as much, not the same.

I just looked again and that web site I linked had the decimal wrong
it is 1-3 PPM

From experience I can tell you that public swimming pools have WAY more chlorine than tap water. From smell, taste, stinging eyes etc.

They must just assume Brits don't bathe often.

Bathing doesn't remove bacteria.

Depends on the soap doesn't it?

Removing all bacteria is meant to be bad for you. But I wouldn't want them building up n the pool.

Actually the biggest issue in commercial pools is suntan oil and other
things people smear on themselves. You end up with a scum line along
the tile.

What about people ****ing?

Not as big a problem as people who not know how to wipe their ass. Pee
is essentially sterile but there are chemicals in it.