Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Falling through plasterboard

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Apparently this woman can. And for some reason her stupid body thought the best thing to do was remove the baby?! Ok, ****ting yourself, I can see the point in that if you need to run from a wild animal, because you're lighter. But depositing your baby early? WTF?

--
The chance of a piece of bread falling down on its buttered side is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

I fell through mine years ago. Just foot went through. Messy in wife's
closet but easy to patch as I did not have to make it that presentable
as you never saw ceiling. Are you confusing lathed plaster with plaster
board?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:23:47 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

I fell through mine years ago. Just foot went through. Messy in wife's
closet but easy to patch as I did not have to make it that presentable
as you never saw ceiling. Are you confusing lathed plaster with plaster
board?

I've got 10mm plasterboard, attached between 2 foot apart joists, with support struts across every so often.

Lathed plaster was stopped in the 50s?

--
A recent study found that the average Aussie walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that Aussies drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

Not a myth. I've seen it happen in person and I saw it on Cops, a TV
reality show.

My wife's uncle went up to check on something above the ceiling and one
foot came through when he stepped off the joist.

On Cops, the police went to a house to serve a warrant and arrest
someone. The woman insisted no one was home except her and a kid. The
suspect was hiding in the attic space above. They were about to leave
when the guy came crashing though the ceiling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:45:36 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

Not a myth. I've seen it happen in person and I saw it on Cops, a TV
reality show.

My wife's uncle went up to check on something above the ceiling and one
foot came through when he stepped off the joist.

On Cops, the police went to a house to serve a warrant and arrest
someone. The woman insisted no one was home except her and a kid. The
suspect was hiding in the attic space above. They were about to leave
when the guy came crashing though the ceiling.

I guess I have stronger plasterboard, or I'm not a big fat American!

It has been a right bugger to remove....

--
Arriving home unexpectedly early from a business trip, the tired executive was shocked to discover his wife in bed with his next door neighbour.
"Since you are in bed with my wife," the furious man shouted, "I'm going over to sleep with yours!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ALERT! Birdbrain, the Pathological Attention Whore Strikes, AGAIN!

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:12:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the attention-starved idiot's inevitable attention-baiting BULL****

--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare who

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:43:24 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH yet more of the sick idiotic DRIVEL

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Cycle lanes are a stupid (and in this case dangerous) idea, and many
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ALERT! Don't Fall for the Sociopathic Attention Whore's Idiotic BAITS!

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:12:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH idiotic drivel

And I just saw that this sick idiot posted exactly the same **** separately
to uk.d-i-y, so he could get the attention out of TWO threads! BG

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a ******:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:15:01 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the inevitable idiotic sick DRIVEL

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"mind":
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:51:25 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH idiot's DRIVEL

I see, it was two YANKS, already AGAIN, that were stupid enough to take your
primitive bait, Birdbrain! I detect a pattern there. BG

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Someone (a Scotsman) once told me he doesn't bother wiping his arse if he's
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:23:47 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

I fell through mine years ago. Just foot went through. Messy in wife's
closet but easy to patch as I did not have to make it that presentable
as you never saw ceiling. Are you confusing lathed plaster with plaster
board?

I've got 10mm plasterboard, attached between 2 foot apart joists, with
support struts across every so often.

Lathed plaster was stopped in the 50s?

Have not been in that section of attic for several years and I was much
lighter and it was not a full body weight step. I think joists are
closer than yours. I have 2 attic sections and this one over 2nd floor
requires crawling up through my closet - no stairs or pull down stairs.

Lot of houses where you live are much older and could have something
different but plaster board here is not tough stuff. We had a carpet
installer last year fall against the living room wall knocking a big
hole in the plaster board.

One of my sons also put a hole in his bedroom wall kicking something.
I've had to repair holes in plasterboard walls several times.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 20:07:02 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

[...]

I've fallen off the ladder going to my attic, and landed with a thud against the hall wall. No dent.

Mind you when I were a lad, my friend punched his bedroom wall in temper and made a large hole in it without damaging his fist. It was a very old house though.

--
If you feel tired, pull off at the motorway services -- Highway Code, UK.
How's that going to help?!?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 20:15:28 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the two idiots' drivel

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world he's
living in:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank" "frank wrote:
[...]

Why are you feeding this well known troll?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2017 8:35 AM, Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:12:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the attention-starved idiot's inevitable attention-baiting BULL****

Plonk!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 15:55:05 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:12:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the attention-starved idiot's inevitable attention-baiting BULL****

Plonk!

LOL Plonker!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2017 4:41 PM, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Frank" "frank wrote:
[...]

What do you care? You don't like it, don't read. At least he helps
group activity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 17:35:52 +0200, Peeler
wrote:

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 09:23:47 -0400, Frank wrote:

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

I fell through mine years ago. Just foot went through. Messy in wife's
closet but easy to patch as I did not have to make it that presentable
as you never saw ceiling. Are you confusing lathed plaster with plaster
board?

Idiot!

You are talking to the dullest blade in the Brit's closet - a total
dullard. Don't feed the TROLL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 20:14:54 -0400, Frank wrote:

One of my sons also put a hole in his bedroom wall kicking something.
I've had to repair holes in plasterboard walls several times.

Why are you feeding this well known troll?

What do you care? You don't like it, don't read. At least he helps
group activity.

Like I said: IDIOT Yank! Thanks for demonstrating it on the spot, twit!