Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Falling through plasterboard

On 8/2/2017 4:41 PM, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Frank" "frank wrote:
On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:23:47 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in
the attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

I fell through mine years ago. Just foot went through. Messy in
wife's closet but easy to patch as I did not have to make it that
presentable as you never saw ceiling. Are you confusing lathed
plaster with plaster board?

I've got 10mm plasterboard, attached between 2 foot apart joists,
with support struts across every so often.

Lathed plaster was stopped in the 50s?

Have not been in that section of attic for several years and I was
much lighter and it was not a full body weight step. I think joists
are closer than yours. I have 2 attic sections and this one over 2nd
floor requires crawling up through my closet - no stairs or pull down
stairs.
Lot of houses where you live are much older and could have something
different but plaster board here is not tough stuff. We had a carpet
installer last year fall against the living room wall knocking a big
hole in the plaster board.

One of my sons also put a hole in his bedroom wall kicking something.
I've had to repair holes in plasterboard walls several times.

Why are you feeding this well known troll?

What do you care? You don't like it, don't read. At least he helps
group activity.