Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Falling through plasterboard

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

Not a myth. I've seen it happen in person and I saw it on Cops, a TV
reality show.

My wife's uncle went up to check on something above the ceiling and one
foot came through when he stepped off the joist.

On Cops, the police went to a house to serve a warrant and arrest
someone. The woman insisted no one was home except her and a kid. The
suspect was hiding in the attic space above. They were about to leave
when the guy came crashing though the ceiling.