Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Falling through plasterboard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:23:47 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

What is this myth about falling through the ceiling when you're in the
attic? Plasterboard holds my weight easily.

I fell through mine years ago. Just foot went through. Messy in wife's
closet but easy to patch as I did not have to make it that presentable
as you never saw ceiling. Are you confusing lathed plaster with plaster
board?

I've got 10mm plasterboard, attached between 2 foot apart joists, with support struts across every so often.

Lathed plaster was stopped in the 50s?

--
A recent study found that the average Aussie walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that Aussies drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.