Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:13:07 -0600, in alt.home.repair Mark Lloyd wrote:

I have one of those inexpensive bidet seats. I really like it, and it
greatly reduces the need for TP. Most of the TP I use isn't very ****ty,
so it can be put in the trash rather than down the toilet (which almost
never gets stopped up now).

That's a good point that the low-flow Kohler toilets that I have get
stopped up all the time. They're a POS, figuratively speaking.

But why is the TP not completely clean?
All you're doing is blotting up water, which is just like what you do after
a shower.

Why can't you use a towel?
In the home I stayed in Europe long ago, I remember they used a hand towel
(a different one per person) which, since I had my own bed/bath, was just
one for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:27:57 -0500, in alt.home.repair dadiOH wrote:

You can get units that incorporate a spray and which fit under the toulet
seat, about $30 up. Although not quite the same as a bidet, they do the
same job. Neither removes the need for TP, just reduces the need.

We have two, like them.

How is the water heated?
Electricity?

As for negating the need for TP, why isn't your butt as clean afterward as
when you first step out of a shower?

All you have to do is blot up the water, but a towel can do that, can't it?
(That's what they use in Europe when I last stayed at a friend's home with
a bidet.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 10:25:53 -0500, in alt.home.repair Dan Espen wrote:

You think you won't use paper after squirting water on your butt?

Good question.
I don't know the answer.

I can only say that I've stayed in peole's houses with bidets in other
countries where they use a small hand towel to blot up the (clean) water.

It should be no different than the towel you use after taking a shower,
with respect to how clean your butt should be after using the bidet.

Never had one, but with limited flow, the water is going to start
out near room temperature.

I think the warm water issue is the biggest one.

Dunno how bidets work, but you're not gonna have a gas-fired one, so, it's
either electricity or it has hot water piped to the toilet.

With electricity, I can see maintaining a temperature being easy.

With hot water piped in, I can see it might be like what it's like in most
showers, where the first few seconds are too cold and the last few seconds
too hot, with a goldilocks zone needing to be dialed in manually.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:18:13 -0800, in alt.home.repair Oren wrote:

A friend has one, I've been to this company and looked. We plan on
two of them. Look up the Biffy brand on Youtube

Nice guys on that Biffy web site.
855-979-6263

I spoke to "Joe" who was happy to answer my questions.

He says that they have two types of "heaters".
1. Ambient (it's just a bucket with no heater)
2. Electric (it has a 10-foot cord and no setting)

The magic is in the spray shape, otherwise it's just a garden hose, and in
the heating (otherwise it's a cold garden hose).

The electric is set to be in the range of 92 to 99 at the factory.
You can't change it (not without jury rigging it to be hotter).
http://www.biffy.com/handheld-bidet-sprayers/

It's about $140 which will be about $150 or $160 taxed and shipped, which
is pretty much what we calculated for a years' worth of TP for the whole
house.

So, if you have 3 bathrooms, three of these might take three years to pay
for themselves over the time period (I forgot to ask about electricity cost
so I called back, and got Joe, who read off the specs for me).

It plugs into 120VAC of course, but then it is 24V at 1.660 amps, which
means it's about 40 watts. Dunno if that's continuous, but I guess at
40Watts for 24-7 use, that's, oh ... click click click ... 350KWH if I did
that math correct.

At something like 10 to 50 cents a KWH, let's average that to about 25
cents a KWH in my area (admittedly I live in a high power cost area),
that's about $90 per year in electricity costs. Hmm...

That's bad since TP per bathroom is about that (give or take).

So, did we just replace the cost of TP with the cost of electricity?
(Is my math reasonable?)

Posted to alt.suicide.methods,alt.home.repair,alt.slack

On 1/31/2017 9:58 AM, Timmy wrote:
do you have a leaching field? I would imagine so.

Not here, but in Nam we had 'em.

--
Did I mention that I rode with the Blackhorse Brigade?
We rode like the wind...

Posted to alt.suicide.methods,alt.home.repair,alt.slack

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in
:

On 1/31/2017 9:58 AM, Timmy wrote:
do you have a leaching field? I would imagine so.

Not here, but in Nam we had 'em.

--
Did I mention that I rode with the Blackhorse Brigade?
We rode like the wind...

FACT: The only thing Urinal Burke ever rode was black trannie cock up his
ass!

--
ROFL LMAO LOLLITY LOLOL!!!

HAIL BRENNUS!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.slack

Default Toilet paper eating Little Eddie Burke

On 1/31/2017 4:41 PM, Brennus Emeritus wrote:
"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in
:
On 1/31/2017 9:58 AM, Timmy wrote:
do you have a leaching field? I would imagine so.

Not here, but in Nam we had 'em.

Did I mention that I rode with the Blackhorse Brigade?
We rode like the wind...

FACT: The only thing Urinal Burke ever rode was black trannie cock up his
ass!

He looks a like a limp wristed faggot!

http://imgur.com/lrQvLto

LoLoLoL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

On 01/02/17 02:29, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 1/29/2017 8:17 PM, Martim Ribeiro wrote:
I've had a septic system for 15 years and never had it pumped out.
Yet I see neighbors pumping theirs every 3 years.

All I put down mine is crap and TP and pee (sorry for being blunt).

1. Pee just drains away.
2. Crap (I assume) dissolves itself (bacteria) over time.
3. But what about the TP?

Does the TP dissolve like the crap dissolves?
Or does the TP eventually fill the tank up?

(Why doesn't mine fill up then?)

Anybuddy know the answer to this?
He don't pump his ****ter an' the **** down there must be goin'
somewheres...

Read the label. My current toilet paper says "Disperses easily in
water." The bacteria can dissolve anything organic. Any cellulose from
plants isn't dissolved in the body but may be broken down in the septic.
Most of the roughage in your diet comes from that. But a book on
making one's own rayon used tissues etc as a source of cellulose. That
suggests that the paper is broken down, but is still there.

The Wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septic_tank) says
that crap is not dissolved completely. Accumulation of sludge is
inevitable, and it must be removed periodically.

I would suggest that he ask a licensed contractor. If he is the sole
occupant, sludge won't accumulate as fast as for a family of five (say.)
The capacity of the tank will be important as well.

Doug.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Martim Ribeiro" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:27:57 -0500, in alt.home.repair dadiOH wrote:

You can get units that incorporate a spray and which fit under the toulet
seat, about $30 up. Although not quite the same as a bidet, they do the
same job. Neither removes the need for TP, just reduces the need.

We have two, like them.

How is the water heated? Electricity?

The water isn't heated. No need, we live in Florida but even if we didn't I
doubt I'd bother heating it.

As for negating the need for TP, why isn't your butt as clean afterward as
when you first step out of a shower?

The efficacy of a spray of water depends on various things. Chief among
them are consistency and configuration. Did you eject solid and dry
material or was it thin and watery. Sticky? Greasy? Are you obese with
your huge butt cheeks hanging down and obscuring the source? Numerous folds
and crevices from piles?

In comparison to showers, I, at least, apply manual abrasion to the area in
question - generally with a bar of soap - and do not depend upon a stream of
water to cleanse.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

You sound like you really know yer ****, Doug.

Toilet paper Bill UK diy 20 April 23rd 13 10:46 AM
Toilet paper Bill UK diy 105 March 3rd 13 05:48 PM
Toilet odor from septic? Bill Rah Home Repair 6 October 7th 06 06:50 PM
Macerating toilet & septic Darryl Home Repair 3 June 23rd 06 04:08 PM
Macerating toilet & septic Darryl Home Ownership 3 June 23rd 06 04:08 PM