Posted to alt.home.repair
Martim Ribeiro Martim Ribeiro is offline

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:18:13 -0800, in alt.home.repair Oren wrote:

A friend has one, I've been to this company and looked. We plan on
two of them. Look up the Biffy brand on Youtube

Nice guys on that Biffy web site.
855-979-6263

I spoke to "Joe" who was happy to answer my questions.

He says that they have two types of "heaters".
1. Ambient (it's just a bucket with no heater)
2. Electric (it has a 10-foot cord and no setting)

The magic is in the spray shape, otherwise it's just a garden hose, and in
the heating (otherwise it's a cold garden hose).

The electric is set to be in the range of 92 to 99 at the factory.
You can't change it (not without jury rigging it to be hotter).
http://www.biffy.com/handheld-bidet-sprayers/

It's about $140 which will be about $150 or $160 taxed and shipped, which
is pretty much what we calculated for a years' worth of TP for the whole
house.

So, if you have 3 bathrooms, three of these might take three years to pay
for themselves over the time period (I forgot to ask about electricity cost
so I called back, and got Joe, who read off the specs for me).

It plugs into 120VAC of course, but then it is 24V at 1.660 amps, which
means it's about 40 watts. Dunno if that's continuous, but I guess at
40Watts for 24-7 use, that's, oh ... click click click ... 350KWH if I did
that math correct.

At something like 10 to 50 cents a KWH, let's average that to about 25
cents a KWH in my area (admittedly I live in a high power cost area),
that's about $90 per year in electricity costs. Hmm...

That's bad since TP per bathroom is about that (give or take).

So, did we just replace the cost of TP with the cost of electricity?
(Is my math reasonable?)