Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

"Martim Ribeiro" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:27:57 -0500, in alt.home.repair dadiOH wrote:

You can get units that incorporate a spray and which fit under the toulet
seat, about $30 up. Although not quite the same as a bidet, they do the
same job. Neither removes the need for TP, just reduces the need.

We have two, like them.

How is the water heated? Electricity?

The water isn't heated. No need, we live in Florida but even if we didn't I
doubt I'd bother heating it.

As for negating the need for TP, why isn't your butt as clean afterward as
when you first step out of a shower?

The efficacy of a spray of water depends on various things. Chief among
them are consistency and configuration. Did you eject solid and dry
material or was it thin and watery. Sticky? Greasy? Are you obese with
your huge butt cheeks hanging down and obscuring the source? Numerous folds
and crevices from piles?

In comparison to showers, I, at least, apply manual abrasion to the area in
question - generally with a bar of soap - and do not depend upon a stream of
water to cleanse.