Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] is offline

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

On 2/1/2017 2:17 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

Read the label. My current toilet paper says "Disperses easily in
water." The bacteria can dissolve anything organic. Any cellulose from
plants isn't dissolved in the body but may be broken down in the septic.
Most of the roughage in your diet comes from that. But a book on
making one's own rayon used tissues etc as a source of cellulose. That
suggests that the paper is broken down, but is still there.

The Wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septic_tank) says
that crap is not dissolved completely. Accumulation of sludge is
inevitable, and it must be removed periodically.

I would suggest that he ask a licensed contractor. If he is the sole
occupant, sludge won't accumulate as fast as for a family of five (say.)
The capacity of the tank will be important as well.

Doug.

You sound like you really know yer ****, Doug.