Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Guns

On 26/07/2016 21:34, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:26:53 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 26/07/2016 21:02, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 1:58:07 PM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 2:34:06 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson
****ed and moaned:

You have on average slightly more guns than people. So unless you
have a whole rack of them each, most people must have a gun.

The Brits use butter knives as screw drivers. Many of then have sets of
eight.

RonNNN

HAHAHAAAAAAAAA, I think James is ****ed because his mom would
only let him play with dolls and never got a chance to be one
of the boys playing 'cops and robbers' or 'cowboys and Indians.'

Boys are the same allover the world. They/me/ we, all played cowboys &
Indians. It's a game with *pretend weapons*.

Water pistols, catapults, bows and arrows, make your own weapons.

My favourite weapon was an elastic band and pinging U shaped staples.
Great for pinging people bending over (they sting). Their reaction was
priceless Got a few clips round the ear for that :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26/07/2016 21:34, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:17:04 +0100
"James Wilkinson" wrote:

Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:

Especially for Brits. Bunch of damn girlie men.
All the real men have moved away.

Bend over and say that!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:42:08 +0100, Bod wrote:

[...]

If you got one in the ear did you get a clip round your butt?

--
63% of men have had sex in the shower.
The other 37% have never been to prison.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:24:51 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

Using a gun is stupid, end of story.

Let me guess. You didn't pass a background check and can't
buy a gun. Why are you so kinky about what Americans can and
cannot buy or own? Furthermore, what does this subject have to
do with home repair??

Just your day to be ****ed and try to police what others in the
world do?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:49:53 +0100, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:24:51 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

Using a gun is stupid, end of story.

Let me guess. You didn't pass a background check and can't
buy a gun.

I've not tried to because I don't need one, I have no intention of deliberately killing anyone. Why do you? They oughta just pre-empt murderers and lock up anyone who ever bought a gun.

Why are you so kinky about what Americans can and
cannot buy or own?

I find it amusing how backward your country is.

Furthermore, what does this subject have to
do with home repair??

Because this is the group I know of with a lot of Americans in it.

Just your day to be ****ed and try to police what others in the
world do?

Just pointing out how pathetic you lot are.

--
Before you set out on a journey, ring your local radio station and say there's a terrible congestion on your road. Everybody avoids it and it's clear for you! -- Jack Dee

Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson was thinking very hard :
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:11:21 +0100, FromTheRafters
wrote:

James Wilkinson submitted this idea :
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 19:12:15 +0100, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Frank expressed precisely :
On 7/26/2016 11:17 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU

Giving a gun to a novice so you can make a you tube video is stupid.
Most of these people had no eye and ear protection either.
Posting stupid comments on guns here is stupid too.

I don't recall anyone ever suggesting that everyone should own a gun. I
did however once suggest that everyone in the USA could have a gun
registered (faux registration) to them as a matter of being born. That
way, a gun ownership registry wouldn't be as useful to someone wanting
to 'locate the arms, and disarm the citizenry' yet any registered gun
used in a crime (with SN intact) would still be able to be traced back
to the registered owner. This was in response to a often repeated
misquote supposedly from Adolf Hitler, but was something I actually had
on a coin I owned which was from an organization I can't recall. It
might have been the NRA in response to a push for registration.

It said (Quoting from memory):

"To enslave a nation, first locate the arms, then disarm it."

The first thing I'd do as an American if I was going to shoot someone is
use
somebody else's gun. Since most houses have a gun, that would be
blatantly
easy to achieve.

https://www.google.com/#q=do+most+americans+have+guns

You're not very keen on using facts are you.

I'll use the one you just gave me - there's a higher than 1 in 3 chance of me
stealing a gun form a random house. So I break into three houses and become
equipped to be a murderer.

1 in 3 is "most" in your world? I guess that makes you smarter than
"most" then. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/26/2016 11:17 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU

The anti-American anti-gun troll is back. What's the matter Jamie, had a
boring week and no friends to keep you occupied? I can see why.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/26/2016 3:26 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

The first thing I'd do as an American if I was going to shoot someone
is use
somebody else's gun. Since most houses have a gun, that would be
blatantly
easy to achieve.

https://www.google.com/#q=do+most+americans+have+guns

You're not very keen on using facts are you.

I'll use the one you just gave me - there's a higher than 1 in 3 chance
of me stealing a gun form a random house. So I break into three houses
and become equipped to be a murderer.

Break into a house to steal a gun... now what could possibly go wrong
with a plan like that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 23:19:45 +0100, My 2 Cents wrote:

On 7/26/2016 3:26 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

The first thing I'd do as an American if I was going to shoot someone
is use
somebody else's gun. Since most houses have a gun, that would be
blatantly
easy to achieve.

https://www.google.com/#q=do+most+americans+have+guns

You're not very keen on using facts are you.

I'll use the one you just gave me - there's a higher than 1 in 3 chance
of me stealing a gun form a random house. So I break into three houses
and become equipped to be a murderer.

Break into a house to steal a gun... now what could possibly go wrong
with a plan like that?

If I'm about to murder someone, do you really think I care about lesser problems? Besides, a stolen weapon means it isn't traced back to me. The main interest to me is to not get done for murder.

--
In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird, people take prozac to make it normal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

James wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU
--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

You can make a fails video of people drinking milk, are you going to suggest people stop drinking milk?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per James Wilkinson:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU

Everybody's seen this one, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 5:25:42 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

If I'm about to murder someone, do you really think I care about lesser problems? Besides, a stolen weapon means it isn't traced back to me. The main interest to me is to not get done for murder.

Break into my house and I'll put a 38 caliber hollow point
through your shrunken brain. To help me not miss my pistol
also has a crimson trace. And yes, I DO have a permit
to actually carry it on my person in public.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:17:10 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU
--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Here in The U.S., all of the anti-gun, anti Second Amendment politicians have armed guards around them. I imagine that your Queen and Prime Minister also have armed guards around them. I wonder if they and our politicians who are so anti- gun will give up the armed guards as a show of good faith to demonstrate that the citizenry has no need of guns to defend themselves, their families and their property? I'm all for disarming anti-gun, anti-self defense politicians anywhere in the world. Let them call the police and wait just like the everyday citizen. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/07/2016 02:38, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per James Wilkinson:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU

Everybody's seen this one, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

Excellent and the comedian is spot on, IMO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/07/2016 04:05, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 5:25:42 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

If I'm about to murder someone, do you really think I care about lesser problems? Besides, a stolen weapon means it isn't traced back to me. The main interest to me is to not get done for murder.

Break into my house and I'll put a 38 caliber hollow point
through your shrunken brain. To help me not miss my pistol
also has a crimson trace. And yes, I DO have a permit
to actually carry it on my person in public.

You're assuming that the burglar is that stupid to break into an
occupied dwelling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/07/2016 05:48, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:17:10 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU
--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Here in The U.S., all of the anti-gun, anti Second Amendment politicians have armed guards around them. I imagine that your Queen and Prime Minister also have armed guards around them. I wonder if they and our politicians who are so anti- gun will give up the armed guards as a show of good faith to demonstrate that the citizenry has no need of guns to defend themselves, their families and their property? I'm all for disarming anti-gun, anti-self defense politicians anywhere in the world. Let them call the police and wait just like the everyday citizen. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster

That's a flawed argument. It's very obvious that high profile people
need protecting from deranged people. They would be an obvious target
for terrorists. Surely you can see that logic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 1:36:37 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
[...]

So only the elite have a right to be protected from deranged people. The Liberal/Leftist media never hysterically reports on everyday law abiding citizens who defend themselves, their family, other people and their property with a gun in a situation where no shots are fired. On more than one occasion I've caused miscreants to change direction when they just thought I was armed. I've never pointed a real gun at anyone or of course shot anyone. The closest I've ever come to killing a man was with my bare hands. I'm no longer able bodied and physically able to defend myself but I can aim a gun and pull the trigger. A bullet in the groin and in the head of a thug will stop him cold plus save taxpayers a lot of money. As seen in the recent terrorist attacks, the terrorists are not attacking people protected by a cadre of armed guards, the terrorists are attacking people who they know are not likely to be armed and able to defend themselves. Where I'm from, there have been no terrorist attacks in public spaces because the terrorists know that a number of people in any group will be armed and able to quickly put a stop to an attack. Heck, a lot of women around here have concealed carry permits and the last thing any thug or terrorist wants to do threaten a woman who's armed with a gun. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

"James Wilkinson" wrote:

Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:

Especially for Brits. Bunch of damn girlie men.
All the real men have moved away.

Bend over and say that!!

Nothing happened, you damn pussified male thing....LOL
Now go hug you a muslim and lube up your women for
the conversion process.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Uncle Monster:
So only the elite have a right to be protected from deranged people. The Liberal/Leftist media never hysterically reports on everyday law abiding citizens who defend themselves

Maybe there is a significant diff the The Very Important Person
hires professionals who presumably know what they are doing and are not
subject to mood swings...... while Joe Citizen is on a DIY basis.

Not saying one is right and/or one is wrong... but there is a
significant difference.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod wrote:
On 26/07/2016 22:46, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

I've not tried to because I don't need one, I have no intention of
deliberately killing anyone.

Why do you? They oughta just pre-empt murderers and lock up anyone
who ever bought a gun.

Why are you so kinky about what Americans can and
cannot buy or own?

I find it amusing how backward your country is.

Yes, we are a backward country. Only one to put a man on the moon. The
modern home computers invented here. Hard telling how much was
invented over here. Bailed out many countries in Europe in 2 world
wars. Probably should have let Germany take it over.

As with many things it is beter to have a gun and not need it than to
need it and not have it. I hope to never need a gun to defend myself,
but it I do, most likely I will have one on me. Just as a spare
tire in a car. Hope to never need it ,but have it. Home owner
insurance, don't want to use it,but feel that I should have it
incase. Do you have insurance or a car with a spare tire ?

---

Hmm, every time there is a mass shooting in the US, it's always the
police that shoot the villain. I've never seen a report where an armed
member of the public kills the nutter.

Why do you think the nutters select "gun free zones" to wreak their mayhem
? I saw one a few minutes ago where a guy went nuts and shot 3 people before
a CCW drew his weapon and shot the guy in the leg . One thing you'll very
seldom see on the news is a citizen stopping a nutter - because it doesn't
fit the liberal narrative . They want us disarmed so they can control us ...
The difference between citizens and subjects is that citizens have guns ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/26/2016 11:20 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

That is because the media steadfastly refuses to report those incidents.
They do happen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/2016 10:38 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Hmm, every time there is a mass shooting in the US, it's always the
police that shoot the villain. I've never seen a report where an armed
member of the public kills the nutter.

That is because the media steadfastly refuses to report those incidents.
They do happen.

Just look at the Chicago statistics. No one cares that they are killing
each other.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:50:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/27/2016 10:38 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Hmm, every time there is a mass shooting in the US, it's always the
police that shoot the villain. I've never seen a report where an armed
member of the public kills the nutter.

That is because the media steadfastly refuses to report those incidents.
They do happen.

Just look at the Chicago statistics. No one cares that they are killing
each other.

The gangs call the place ChiRaq for a reason.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/2016 1:20 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

That's because many people don't carry their weapons to places where
large groups gather because weapons aren't allowed in those types of
gatherings. If people actually were allowed to carry during such events
you could bet money on the odds that mass shooters wouldn't stand much
of a chance of hurting as many people as intended.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 9:10:30 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Uncle Monster:
So only the elite have a right to be protected from deranged people. The Liberal/Leftist media never hysterically reports on everyday law abiding citizens who defend themselves

Maybe there is a significant diff the The Very Important Person
hires professionals who presumably know what they are doing and are not
subject to mood swings...... while Joe Citizen is on a DIY basis.

Not saying one is right and/or one is wrong... but there is a
significant difference.
--
Pete Cresswell

So all those elite politicians are better than me and thee? I thought The United States is a representative republic not a monarchy. I want to see the armed guards for anti Second Amendment politicians not paid for by taxpayers. I think it's only fair. Heck, I think it's against federal law for a convicted felon to have or to hire armed guards to protect him/her/it. I think that would take armed guards away from a lot of politicians. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Guard Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:18:55 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 19:47:28 +0100, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

wrote:

Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:

You Brits are really ignorant. Prove me wrong.

Who advocated "for everyone to own a gun".

Give me URL links. Bitch.

You have on average slightly more guns than people. So unless you have a whole rack of them each, most people must have a gun.

People who own guns tend to own more than one. It's like tools. Who
has just one screwdriver?

Because nobody bothers sticking to standards, there are several dozen types of screwdriver. However with a gun you only need a few.

We've probably got more than 30 screwdrivers in every size from "need
to use a loupe to see the screw head" to "this thing really is a pry bar,
isn't it?" If you count driver bits for the drill, it's probably more
like 100.

Sounds like we need to buy a few more guns, just for parity.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 2:20:02 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
[...]

That shows how relatively few Americans go armed, despite your and
Jamie's assumption.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Cindy Hamilton:
That shows how relatively few Americans go armed, despite your and
Jamie's assumption.

According to CNN firearm ownership in the USA is becoming more
concentrated - i.e. a relatively small number of people each own many
firearms:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/politi...hip-declining/
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:

You Brits are really ignorant. Prove me wrong.

Who advocated "for everyone to own a gun".

Give me URL links. Bitch.

You have on average slightly more guns than people. So unless you have a whole rack of them each, most people must have a gun.

People who own guns tend to own more than one. It's like tools. Who
has just one screwdriver?

Because nobody bothers sticking to standards, there are several dozen types of screwdriver. However with a gun you only need a few.

We've probably got more than 30 screwdrivers in every size from "need
to use a loupe to see the screw head" to "this thing really is a pry bar,
isn't it?" If you count driver bits for the drill, it's probably more
like 100.

Sounds like we need to buy a few more guns, just for parity.

Guns don't have so many uses.

--
How do you titillate an ocelot?
Oscillate its titalot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 12:13:45 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

No, just the 10000 times more likely to be targeted.

The Liberal/Leftist media never hysterically reports on everyday law abiding citizens who defend themselves, their family, other people and their property with a gun in a situation where no shots are fired.

Nope, because the ones where the bad guy has the gun make better news. Didn't you now bad guys use guns too?

[...]

A terrorist with dynamite strapped round himself will not be stopped by a gun.

--
A great way to lose weight is to eat naked in front of a mirror. Restaurants will almost always throw you out before you can eat too much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 07:32:02 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 27/07/2016 04:05, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 5:25:42 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

If I'm about to murder someone, do you really think I care about lesser problems? Besides, a stolen weapon means it isn't traced back to me. The main interest to me is to not get done for murder.

Break into my house and I'll put a 38 caliber hollow point
through your shrunken brain. To help me not miss my pistol
also has a crimson trace. And yes, I DO have a permit
to actually carry it on my person in public.

You're assuming that the burglar is that stupid to break into an
occupied dwelling.

And that she sees me before I see her. I have the advantage of starting the scene awake, and knowing where she probably is in the middle of the night.

--
Billy bashed bandy Brian's ******** because bandy Brian broke Billy's big brown blowup boy before breakfast began.
Bigtits Beryl bit Barry's boner because Barry banged black Barbara's bare bruised bottom beside Brighton beach's battered blue bandstand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 02:38:31 +0100, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per James Wilkinson:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU

Everybody's seen this one, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

Australian common sense.

--
A fat girl served me in McDonald's at lunchtime. She said "sorry about the wait". I said, "Don't worry, you'll find a way to lose it eventually"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per James Wilkinson:

Australian common sense.

I was thinking more along the lines of a lack of an Australian NRA
working for the gun industry.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 01:05:17 +0100, cowabunga dude wrote:

James wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU
--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

You can make a fails video of people drinking milk,

Fails of cats falling into water repeatedly are funnier.

are you going to suggest people stop drinking milk?

Drinking milk is useful.

--
Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 22:22:05 +0100, Meanie wrote:

On 7/26/2016 11:17 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU

The anti-American anti-gun troll is back. What's the matter Jamie, had a
boring week and no friends to keep you occupied? I can see why.

At least I haven't shot them all.

--
An old black-and-white photograph of a man milking a cow was sent to a photo-finishing company.
The man was sitting behind the cow, and all that was visible of him were his legs and feet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It said (Quoting from memory):

"To enslave a nation, first locate the arms, then disarm it."

The first thing I'd do as an American if I was going to shoot someone is
use
somebody else's gun. Since most houses have a gun, that would be
blatantly
easy to achieve.

https://www.google.com/#q=do+most+americans+have+guns

You're not very keen on using facts are you.

I'll use the one you just gave me - there's a higher than 1 in 3 chance of me
stealing a gun form a random house. So I break into three houses and become
equipped to be a murderer.

1 in 3 is "most" in your world? I guess that makes you smarter than
"most" then. LOL

It's enough for the murderer to get an untraceable weapon.

--
He was so unlucky . . .
Last week, his inflatable doll ran off with his airbag.
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson formulated the question :

It said (Quoting from memory):

"To enslave a nation, first locate the arms, then disarm it."

The first thing I'd do as an American if I was going to shoot someone is
use
somebody else's gun. Since most houses have a gun, that would be
blatantly
easy to achieve.

https://www.google.com/#q=do+most+americans+have+guns

You're not very keen on using facts are you.

I'll use the one you just gave me - there's a higher than 1 in 3 chance of
me
stealing a gun form a random house. So I break into three houses and
become
equipped to be a murderer.

1 in 3 is "most" in your world? I guess that makes you smarter than
"most" then. LOL

It's enough for the murderer to get an untraceable weapon.

It still doesn't make it "most houses" though, no matter how you
deflect it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/2016 8:23 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 22:22:05 +0100, Meanie wrote:

On 7/26/2016 11:17 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
Why it's a stupid idea for everyone to own a gun:
https://youtu.be/QPhZtRZtgEU

The anti-American anti-gun troll is back. What's the matter Jamie, had a
boring week and no friends to keep you occupied? I can see why.

At least I haven't shot them all.

Nor have most of the law abiding gun owning US citizen, jackass.

Guns Kill (Especially Caulking Guns) [email protected] Home Repair 3 April 6th 16 07:34 AM
How many guns are out there...really? David R.Birch Metalworking 42 December 31st 09 03:35 PM
How many guns are out there...really? RBnDFW Metalworking 1 December 30th 09 03:16 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
If Guns Were Outlawed, Only Bad Dogs Would Have Guns Joe Metalworking 0 September 9th 04 07:50 PM