Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Words of Wisdom, regarding Harbor Freight tools . . . . .

If your Doctor uses Harbor Freight tools to do your heart transplant, be
sure to order a coffin first. Just make sure the coffin was not built
with Harbor Freight tools!

Posted to alt.home.repair

If your Doctor uses Harbor Freight tools to do your heart transplant, be
sure to order a coffin first. Just make sure the coffin was not built
with Harbor Freight tools!

I'd choose Lee Valley tools for my innards ....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle25582500/

http://southmedic.com/blog/canica-gr...outhmedic-inc/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:32:42 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

I worked for harbor freight for awhile. till my bad knee got
too painful and i couldnt walk, so i quit.

we had some customers bring in some old abused tools...

they were replaced for free with manager approval. as long as
they had a lifetime warranty, they got a new one

harbor freight has some good buys, if your a occasional user

And their electrical stuff barely has a warranty, and it's all crap.
I returned an electrical item to HF, which was a little over a year old.
It was not abused or even used much. It simply failed for no reason.
I was told that it could not be returned, because the warranty expired
after something like 30 or 60 days. However, if I 'HAD' bought their
extended warranty (which cost almost as much as the item itself), it
would be warranteed for (I think it was) 2 years.

Thats the last time I even walked into one of their stores. HF sells
GARBAGE !!! I'll never buy their crap again!

A "Good buy" is buying day old bread which is still perfectly edible.
Not buying tools that should last decades, but only last a year or less,
under normal use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday,coffin kitd cost ? February 21, 2016 at 5:58:20 AM UTC-6, wrote:
If your Doctor uses Harbor Freight tools to do your heart transplant, be
sure to order a coffin first. Just make sure the coffin was not built
with Harbor Freight tools!

How much do those coffin kits cost ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/21/2016 11:38 PM, WWS TEXAS wrote:
On Sunday,coffin kitd cost ? February 21, 2016 at 5:58:20 AM UTC-6, wrote:
If your Doctor uses Harbor Freight tools to do your heart transplant, be
sure to order a coffin first. Just make sure the coffin was not built
with Harbor Freight tools!

How much do those coffin kits cost ?

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:39:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/22/2016 1:00 AM, wrote:

And their electrical stuff barely has a warranty, and it's all crap.
I returned an electrical item to HF, which was a little over a year old.
It was not abused or even used much. It simply failed for no reason.
I was told that it could not be returned, because the warranty expired
after something like 30 or 60 days. However, if I 'HAD' bought their
extended warranty (which cost almost as much as the item itself), it
would be warranteed for (I think it was) 2 years.

Thats the last time I even walked into one of their stores. HF sells
GARBAGE !!! I'll never buy their crap again!

Some of their stuff is crap, but some (mostly non-powered) is identical
to name brand stuff selling for 3X the price. You have to be careful.
You also don't expect them to replace something out of warranty.. if it
fails, there is a reason even if you don't see it.

The item that failed was a small solar panel made to charge a 12V
battery. It was kept INDOORS, in a window, and connected to a 12V
battery. There is no excuse for it to fail in such short time.

Either way, I learned my lesson. I'll pay 3x the price to get QUALITY
tools, before I ever buy their junk again, and most of their stuff is
much less than 3x the price. I compared their price on a hand tool,
which was $9 at HF and $13 for an similar tool with a well known brand
name. I'll spend the $13 and still be using that tool 25 years from now,
if I live that long. I can almost guarantee the $9 HF tool will be in
the garbage in one year or less.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 7:44:46 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 12:54:03 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

Who has a warranty longer than that? Who has one longer than a
year?

What type of items are you asking about?

I have hand tools that came with lifetime warranties.
I have power tools that came with 3 year warranties.
I have power tools that came with lifetime warranties.
I have electrical appliances that came with 3 year warranties.

I can name names if you would like.

...snip...

Milw power tools have a 5 yr warranty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 10:15:32 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

wrote:

I worked for harbor freight for awhile. till my bad knee got
too painful and i couldnt walk, so i quit.

we had some customers bring in some old abused tools...

they were replaced for free with manager approval. as long as
they had a lifetime warranty, they got a new one

harbor freight has some good buys, if your a occasional user

And their electrical stuff barely has a warranty, and it's all crap.
I returned an electrical item to HF, which was a little over a year old.
It was not abused or even used much. It simply failed for no reason.
I was told that it could not be returned, because the warranty expired
after something like 30 or 60 days.

Who has a warranty longer than that? Who has one longer than a
year?

What type of items are you asking about?\

The type he's talking about, of course.

Then the answers to your questions are below. You may thank me now.