Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Words of Wisdom, regarding Harbor Freight tools . . . . .

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 12:54:03 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:00:03 -0600, wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:32:42 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

I worked for harbor freight for awhile. till my bad knee got
too painful and i couldnt walk, so i quit.

we had some customers bring in some old abused tools...

they were replaced for free with manager approval. as long as
they had a lifetime warranty, they got a new one

harbor freight has some good buys, if your a occasional user

And their electrical stuff barely has a warranty, and it's all crap.
I returned an electrical item to HF, which was a little over a year old.
It was not abused or even used much. It simply failed for no reason.
I was told that it could not be returned, because the warranty expired
after something like 30 or 60 days.

Who has a warranty longer than that? Who has one longer than a
year?

What type of items are you asking about?

I have hand tools that came with lifetime warranties.
I have power tools that came with 3 year warranties.
I have power tools that came with lifetime warranties.
I have electrical appliances that came with 3 year warranties.

I can name names if you would like.

....snip...