Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SAMSUNG SUCKS

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 01:09:26 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 1/27/2016 11:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Meanie
Tony's dishwasher topic led me to rant about my Samsung clothes dryer
which I purchased in 2012. Within 6 months of ownership, it wasn't
heating very well. My one year warranty covered a tech replacing the
circuit board. Within that same year, it would rattle when operating.
The next tech replaced rollers, belt and other misc parts. The year
warranty has passed and it rattles again when in use. I had to pull
teeth to get them to cover the warranty because it began during the
warranty and was never repaired properly. They covered it and then,
another month or so, it would rattle again. In addition, it was having
problems heating again and the past few months it requires several
cycles to dry a small load. After numerous attempts of calling Samsung,
they will only tell me warranty is over and I will have to pay for
service. Of course, they have a problem understanding it all began
during the warranty and was never fixed properly. Needless to say, I
told them to kiss my ass.

I had, as I'm sure most of us had, dryers which lasted 20+ years which
was still working but I got rid of to buy this new Samsung and yet, this
POS can't last 4 years. I told them I will start a website called
Samsungsucks.com and invite all to express their stories about the
****ty Samsung customer service and product.

I will never buy another Samsung product.

8

I heard many stories Samsung TV sets always start problems as soon as
warranty runs out.

We purchased a Samsung W/D on the advice of a friend. Just two of
us in the household so it's not like either sees lots of use/abuse.

Washer lasted ~16 months before the door latch "mechanism" (electromechanical)
failed -- poor design (flimsy plastic parts in the highest "abuse" point of the
machine).

Expecting to do the repair myself (out of warranty), the Samsung site couldn't
provide me with definitive information as to which replacement part to use:
I could opt for the part with exactly the same P/N (and exactly the same
crappy design) or *wonder* if the alternative part was compatible and an
*improvement* over the "old" design.

Contacting Samsung directly gave me no additional insight -- they just read
the information from the web site to me! (lots of confidence in that sort
of reply -- NOT!)

After escalating the issue (keep in mind, I'm just trying to get an answer to
"which replacement part should I purchase"), they sent a guy out to do the
repair as a freebie. Technician claimed there were at least *7* versions
(revisions) of our washer (!!).

Great! Though I'd much rather he had shown up with a "new and improved"
replacement part so I wouldn't be counting the months to the replacement
part's (similar?) failure!

I recounted this experience to friend who had recommended the W/D to us:
"Oh, we've already REPLACED *both* the washer and dryer!" Doing some
research on the dryer turned up a common "drum failure" mode. Wunnerful!
That won't be anything *I* can fix (easily).

Yum, yum! :

One of the places with which I'm affiliated recycles/refurbishes electronic
kit (literally millions of pounds annually). By far, most (defective) LCD
monitors they see are Samsung branded. Almost always bad capacitors or
FETs in the backlight drive (inverter).

Of course, its possible that they have the *lowest* failure rate of all
LCD monitors and the high percentage we see is a consequence of them being
more popular (???) in the market. Or, more popular among the folks who
donate this (defective) equipment.

Or, it could be that they are just a crappier product.

I've been tracking LCD TV donations/repairs in an attempt to get a handle
on that "quality" as well... (our plasma is 13 years old, now -- probably
time to "upgrade" : )

Don't get rid of that plasma until it fails - particularly if a
Panasonic. They will generally outlast an LED 2 or 3 to 1.

As for the number of LGs in the recycle heap, they are likely by a
pretty large margin the largest seller - and they DO make more than
one model and quality of just about everything they make.

Like my Dad used to say:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2016 2:33 PM, wrote:

[...]

We don't watch much TV. OTOH, the plasma uses a *lot* of electricity! (~300W)
And, it's an eyesore (big "window" in the middle of the living room).

[I'd much prefer a motorized projection screen that I can recess into the
ceiling when not in use.]

I'm moving to a "media server" approach for audio/video sources (so,
"monitors" instead of "televisions"; "speakers" instead of "stereos").
I see this as more value per investment (i.e., don't have to replace
the non-display portions each time you want a "new TV") and more *capable*
solution (unlike the crippled smart-TV's that are reminiscent of the
performance of early PC's -- coupled with all their spyware).

As for the number of LGs in the recycle heap, they are likely by a
pretty large margin the largest seller - and they DO make more than
one model and quality of just about everything they make.

Most of these are from corporate donors. Typically "nicer" kit
but probably less well treated (i.e., employees have little incentive
to turn things OFF when they leave at the end of the day/week; power
supplies don't like staying "on" even if their loads are "off"))

OTOH, for a bit of my time (and $2-3 of parts), *I* can have an
essentially "new" monitor...

Like my Dad used to say:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 3:56:33 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -

Consumers Report gives us this...

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2yojg92r.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 16:45:10 -0800 (PST), bob_villain
wrote:

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 3:56:33 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -

Consumers Report gives us this...

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2yojg92r.jpg

And from my experience I'd definitely agree on the top six or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

At Our Samsung Microwave Service Center in Noida . we repair all type of fridge, washing machine, microwave and we also provide 3 months warranty on all products. call to Samsung Micowave Service Center in Delhi today to Repair.24x7 Toll Free Number, Email. Call on 9811052330 and provide a Quick Service by our technical expert.
Visit :- http://www.samsungcustomercare.co.in

Posted to alt.home.repair

it may help the longevity of your TV/ display....
if you set the backlight brightness to something below maximum.

mark

O/T: THAT SUCKS Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 4 August 8th 12 01:34 PM
TV sucks LSMFT[_2_] Electronics Repair 15 March 8th 11 05:51 PM
NEC sucks Tony[_19_] Home Repair 37 November 17th 09 11:45 AM
Samsung part BN41-00001A for Samsung 520TFT Syncmaster monitor [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 5th 08 05:01 PM
3 in 1 oil sucks Cydrome Leader Metalworking 26 October 19th 07 06:33 AM