Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SAMSUNG SUCKS

Tony's dishwasher topic led me to rant about my Samsung clothes dryer
which I purchased in 2012. Within 6 months of ownership, it wasn't
heating very well. My one year warranty covered a tech replacing the
circuit board. Within that same year, it would rattle when operating.
The next tech replaced rollers, belt and other misc parts. The year
warranty has passed and it rattles again when in use. I had to pull
teeth to get them to cover the warranty because it began during the
warranty and was never repaired properly. They covered it and then,
another month or so, it would rattle again. In addition, it was having
problems heating again and the past few months it requires several
cycles to dry a small load. After numerous attempts of calling Samsung,
they will only tell me warranty is over and I will have to pay for
service. Of course, they have a problem understanding it all began
during the warranty and was never fixed properly. Needless to say, I
told them to kiss my ass.

I had, as I'm sure most of us had, dryers which lasted 20+ years which
was still working but I got rid of to buy this new Samsung and yet, this
POS can't last 4 years. I told them I will start a website called
Samsungsucks.com and invite all to express their stories about the
****ty Samsung customer service and product.

I will never buy another Samsung product.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 4:58:16 PM UTC-6, SBH wrote:

I will never buy another Samsung product.

I would buy their TV's though...I've bought them for work and for relatives without issues.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:
[...]

there are some things they do well just like Bosch and things they should
just leave alone.
Samsung makes great phones and TVs, Bosch makes GREAT tools.....the rest of
both, not so much

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie
[...]

My dish washer problem was my own doing. Couple weeks ago I replaced a
set of drinking water RO system filters under the counter and disturbed
the drain hose which was causing drain water back up. Today I took care
of it and ran a full load of stuffs A-OK. I got so upset I went out in
the morning to line up a Miele dish waster with 5 year warranty(spring
promotion). I will have to call the dealer to cancel my order.

Being native Korean who left the country more than half a century ago, I
have yet to try any Korean made major product. Car, appliances,
electronic stuffs. Oh, I have one specialty refrigerator to store
Kimchi long term, LOL! Called "Dim Chae".

I heard many stories Samsung TV sets always start problems as soon as
warranty runs out. Kia cars are only good for 100K miles. After that it
becomes money pit, LOL! I think Hyundai has better reputation. Funny
they're same company like GM and Chevy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2016 1:00 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Meanie
[...]

I have 3 Samsung TV's and my flip cell phone is a Samsung and I am yet
to have any problem. They have a good reputation.

Don't know about their other stuff. Might be like a contractor I hired
for repaving my driveway who did an excellent job, but his brother who
was part of their firm was hired for some outside painting and did a
lousy job. Different product lines, different quality I guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 23:00:15 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Meanie
[...]

Well, I bought a Samsung washer and drier about 8 years ago. I bought
a "no risk" extended warranty from my reseller. The terms were if no
repairs were required within 5 years I got my money back for the
warranty. Not a thing went wrong - and they are still in perfect
operating condition. I am in the computer business now for 26 years.

GoldStar monitors were better than NEC, Packard Bell, ViewSonic, and
many other brands, and the price point was also better. LG stands for
"Lucky Goldstar" - the old Goldstar brand.
As for Kia and Hyundai, they are a bit different than todys's GM and
Chevy. Kia and Hyundai are more like Nissan and Renault, or like
Chrysler and Mercedes were, and yet still different. They are separate
companies under common ownership - not divisions of the same company.
There are very few parts common between Kia and Hyundai. Those would
be parts supplied by a common supplier which may or may not be owned
by the same holding company.

An example would be in the japanese case of Subaru and Toyota -(who
also share a large percentage of common ownership) both using Nippon
Denso electrics - and NipponDenso is (at least majority) owned by
Toyota - which also owns Hino Trucks. The Hino plant builds (or at
least used to) most of the "land cruiser" product line for it's parent
company - yet Hino Trucks is a separate company from Toyota - under
common ownership. I believe the same is true of FUSO and Mitsubishi.
Not sure about the Korean System, but in Japan there are a few "banks"
that control almost all manufacturing - One "owns" nissan and it's
related companies, another "owns" Mitsubishi and all it's related
companies, and another "owns" the Toyota related companies, etc.

It gets more complicated with cross-polination between more distantly
related companies - with, for instance, Toyota selling the Mazda 2?
rebranded as the Yaris in Canada starting in the 2016 model year.
In past years there have been alliances between Ford and Mazda,
Chrysler and Mitsubishi, GM and Toyota, GM and Suzuki etc where one
company owned a piece of the other company and either sold their
product under the other's name or the other's under theirs - like ford
selling the Mazda pickup as a Ford Courier, then later selling the
Ford Ranger as a Mazda B series (in certain markets)

Then there is GMC with their wholly owned subsidiaries Daewoo (Korea),
Isuzu(Japan) Opel (Germany) and Vauxhaull (Great Brittain) and their
formerly wholly owned subsidiary Holden (Australia)

Today the quality of the Korean Hyundai is right up there with Mazda,
Nissan, and Mitsubishi, and nipping hard at the heals of Toyota and
Subaru. (and Kia isn't very far behind) Sure can't judge them
(Hyundai) by the old Pony, Excel, and Stellar

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Was: SAMSUNG SUCKS - now Hyundai

There is a good reason the early Hyundai vehicles were substandard.
Hyundai had for years been bulding the Ford Cortina under licence. The
Stellar was based on the Cortina Mk2 but with a Mitsubishi power
train.

There is also good reason why the pony resembled an Austin Marina.
It was designed by the engineer who designed the Marina - the manager
hired by Hyundai to run the project was from Leyand's Morris division
- and they used parts from the Cortina they were already building as
well - and the Mitsubishi power train

Talk about taking the best from a bad lot - - - - .

Not like Toyota, who's land cruiser was largely built of parts
licenced from GM. The F series motor is based on the 1935-195? Chevy
"Stovebolt" and the transmission and clutch were also licenced GM
parts well into the seventies. That was taking some of the best
proven technology from the (then) best in the business.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 7:35:26 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My 2001 LeSabre was falling apart in the driveway...

I have the same car, excellent machine...gets 35mph on the highway. A one-time stretch (from Milw to Green Bay) 39 mph, and that's a 3.8 with 100K+ at the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 08:35:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 08:24:35 -0500, wrote:

There is a good reason the early Hyundai vehicles were substandard.
Hyundai had for years been bulding the Ford Cortina under licence. The
Stellar was based on the Cortina Mk2 but with a Mitsubishi power
train.

There is also good reason why the pony resembled an Austin Marina.
It was designed by the engineer who designed the Marina - the manager
hired by Hyundai to run the project was from Leyand's Morris division
- and they used parts from the Cortina they were already building as
well - and the Mitsubishi power train

Talk about taking the best from a bad lot - - - - .

I used to laugh at people buying Hyundai. Then they changed. Not
only did I stop laughing, I bought a new Sonata 2007, 2010, 2013 and
now have a 2015 Genesis. They have proven to be far better than any
GM, Volkswagen or MB car that I've ever owned.

My 2001 LeSeabre was falling apart in the driveway when I bought my
first Sonata built in Alabama. Everything fit, good paint, no
problems the entire time I owned it.

Every GM car I owned had to go back at least twice (some numerous
times) for warranty fixes, only one Hyundai went back at 57,000 miles
for a warranty fix.

And the worst part with the GM is it went back for the SAME problem,
time and again, if it was anything like most I've been involved with.
GM. Garbage Machine.
GMC - Garage Man's Companion.

Unless they make BIG changes I'll never own another one. (last
"decent" one I owned was a '28 National)

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Adding in my $.02 worth:

I was always a GM guy. However, when I finally reached where I could
afford it I purchased a new Cadillac sedan. Upon delivery I drove it
home (approx 30 miles) and parked it in my garage. The next morning I
as I tried to leave for work I noticed a LOT of oil on my garage
floor. I called the deailer and they came with a flatbed and took the
car to their shop. Come to find out, there was NO rear seal on the
engine crank. They fixed it and I picked it up. Literally everything
on that car with either defective or it broke. After only nine months
I traded it for a BMW and stayed with them for 4 more cars. In 2007 I
was working in Syracuse NY and there is a very large Hyundai dealer
there (supposedly the largest in the world). My wife wanted a new
SUV so we visited them and purchased a Santa Fe LTD. I liked her car
so much that a month later I purchased one for myself, same model,
same color in and out. We both still drive them today and other than
routine maintenance they simply run and run and run. At this point,
no need to replace them.

Another story - my brother in law is a courier and he was driving a
2006 Sonata. In 2011 he traded it for a new Sonata and his '06 at the
time had 585K miles on the odometer. The dealer cleaned it up and put
in on the showroom floor to show that Sonata could endure the mileage.

My wife now feels like purchasing a new car but she cannot find one
that she likes as much as her Santa Fe.

OK - that was $.03 worth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie

8

I heard many stories Samsung TV sets always start problems as soon as
warranty runs out.

We purchased a Samsung W/D on the advice of a friend. Just two of
us in the household so it's not like either sees lots of use/abuse.

Washer lasted ~16 months before the door latch "mechanism" (electromechanical)
failed -- poor design (flimsy plastic parts in the highest "abuse" point of the
machine).

Expecting to do the repair myself (out of warranty), the Samsung site couldn't
provide me with definitive information as to which replacement part to use:
I could opt for the part with exactly the same P/N (and exactly the same
crappy design) or *wonder* if the alternative part was compatible and an
*improvement* over the "old" design.

Contacting Samsung directly gave me no additional insight -- they just read
the information from the web site to me! (lots of confidence in that sort
of reply -- NOT!)

After escalating the issue (keep in mind, I'm just trying to get an answer to
"which replacement part should I purchase"), they sent a guy out to do the
repair as a freebie. Technician claimed there were at least *7* versions
(revisions) of our washer (!!).

Great! Though I'd much rather he had shown up with a "new and improved"
replacement part so I wouldn't be counting the months to the replacement
part's (similar?) failure!

I recounted this experience to friend who had recommended the W/D to us:
"Oh, we've already REPLACED *both* the washer and dryer!" Doing some
research on the dryer turned up a common "drum failure" mode. Wunnerful!
That won't be anything *I* can fix (easily).

Yum, yum! :

One of the places with which I'm affiliated recycles/refurbishes electronic
kit (literally millions of pounds annually). By far, most (defective) LCD
monitors they see are Samsung branded. Almost always bad capacitors or
FETs in the backlight drive (inverter).

Of course, its possible that they have the *lowest* failure rate of all
LCD monitors and the high percentage we see is a consequence of them being
more popular (???) in the market. Or, more popular among the folks who
donate this (defective) equipment.

Or, it could be that they are just a crappier product.

I've been tracking LCD TV donations/repairs in an attempt to get a handle
on that "quality" as well... (our plasma is 13 years old, now -- probably
time to "upgrade" : )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 01:09:26 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

[...]

Don't get rid of that plasma until it fails - particularly if a
Panasonic. They will generally outlast an LED 2 or 3 to 1.

As for the number of LGs in the recycle heap, they are likely by a
pretty large margin the largest seller - and they DO make more than
one model and quality of just about everything they make.

Like my Dad used to say:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2016 2:33 PM, wrote:

[...]

We don't watch much TV. OTOH, the plasma uses a *lot* of electricity! (~300W)
And, it's an eyesore (big "window" in the middle of the living room).

[I'd much prefer a motorized projection screen that I can recess into the
ceiling when not in use.]

I'm moving to a "media server" approach for audio/video sources (so,
"monitors" instead of "televisions"; "speakers" instead of "stereos").
I see this as more value per investment (i.e., don't have to replace
the non-display portions each time you want a "new TV") and more *capable*
solution (unlike the crippled smart-TV's that are reminiscent of the
performance of early PC's -- coupled with all their spyware).

As for the number of LGs in the recycle heap, they are likely by a
pretty large margin the largest seller - and they DO make more than
one model and quality of just about everything they make.

Most of these are from corporate donors. Typically "nicer" kit
but probably less well treated (i.e., employees have little incentive
to turn things OFF when they leave at the end of the day/week; power
supplies don't like staying "on" even if their loads are "off"))

OTOH, for a bit of my time (and $2-3 of parts), *I* can have an
essentially "new" monitor...

Like my Dad used to say:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 3:56:33 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -

Consumers Report gives us this...

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2yojg92r.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,alt.support.depression

On 1/27/2016 2:57 PM, Meanie wrote:
Tony's dishwasher topic led me to rant about my Samsung clothes dryer
which I purchased in 2012. Within 6 months of ownership, it wasn't
heating very well.
I had, as I'm sure most of us had, dryers which lasted 20+ years which
was still working but I got rid of to buy this new Samsung and yet, this
POS can't last 4 years. I told them I will start a website called
Samsungsucks.com and invite all to express their stories about the
****ty Samsung customer service and product.

I will never buy another Samsung product.

It's a lucky thing you didn't buy something made in America (not that
it's possible)--
The damn thing woulda never worked in the first place.
So shut the **** up!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,alt.support.depression

most of us had
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,alt.support.depression

You what?
Brian

"David" wrote in message
most of us had

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,alt.support.depression

I deleted it.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ...

You what?
Brian

"David" wrote in message
most of us had

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,alt.support.depression

a woman's attention means nowhere

Posted to alt.home.repair

At Our Samsung Microwave Service Center in Noida . we repair all type of fridge, washing machine, microwave and we also provide 3 months warranty on all products. call to Samsung Micowave Service Center in Delhi today to Repair.24x7 Toll Free Number, Email. Call on 9811052330 and provide a Quick Service by our technical expert.
Visit :- http://www.samsungcustomercare.co.in
Posted to alt.home.repair

it may help the longevity of your TV/ display....
if you set the backlight brightness to something below maximum.

mark

O/T: THAT SUCKS Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 4 August 8th 12 01:34 PM
TV sucks LSMFT[_2_] Electronics Repair 15 March 8th 11 05:51 PM
NEC sucks Tony[_19_] Home Repair 37 November 17th 09 11:45 AM
Samsung part BN41-00001A for Samsung 520TFT Syncmaster monitor [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 5th 08 05:01 PM
3 in 1 oil sucks Cydrome Leader Metalworking 26 October 19th 07 06:33 AM