Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SAMSUNG SUCKS

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 01:09:26 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 1/27/2016 11:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Meanie
Tony's dishwasher topic led me to rant about my Samsung clothes dryer
which I purchased in 2012. Within 6 months of ownership, it wasn't
heating very well. My one year warranty covered a tech replacing the
circuit board. Within that same year, it would rattle when operating.
The next tech replaced rollers, belt and other misc parts. The year
warranty has passed and it rattles again when in use. I had to pull
teeth to get them to cover the warranty because it began during the
warranty and was never repaired properly. They covered it and then,
another month or so, it would rattle again. In addition, it was having
problems heating again and the past few months it requires several
cycles to dry a small load. After numerous attempts of calling Samsung,
they will only tell me warranty is over and I will have to pay for
service. Of course, they have a problem understanding it all began
during the warranty and was never fixed properly. Needless to say, I
told them to kiss my ass.

I had, as I'm sure most of us had, dryers which lasted 20+ years which
was still working but I got rid of to buy this new Samsung and yet, this
POS can't last 4 years. I told them I will start a website called
Samsungsucks.com and invite all to express their stories about the
****ty Samsung customer service and product.

I will never buy another Samsung product.

8

I heard many stories Samsung TV sets always start problems as soon as
warranty runs out.

We purchased a Samsung W/D on the advice of a friend. Just two of
us in the household so it's not like either sees lots of use/abuse.

Washer lasted ~16 months before the door latch "mechanism" (electromechanical)
failed -- poor design (flimsy plastic parts in the highest "abuse" point of the
machine).

Expecting to do the repair myself (out of warranty), the Samsung site couldn't
provide me with definitive information as to which replacement part to use:
I could opt for the part with exactly the same P/N (and exactly the same
crappy design) or *wonder* if the alternative part was compatible and an
*improvement* over the "old" design.

Contacting Samsung directly gave me no additional insight -- they just read
the information from the web site to me! (lots of confidence in that sort
of reply -- NOT!)

After escalating the issue (keep in mind, I'm just trying to get an answer to
"which replacement part should I purchase"), they sent a guy out to do the
repair as a freebie. Technician claimed there were at least *7* versions
(revisions) of our washer (!!).

Great! Though I'd much rather he had shown up with a "new and improved"
replacement part so I wouldn't be counting the months to the replacement
part's (similar?) failure!

I recounted this experience to friend who had recommended the W/D to us:
"Oh, we've already REPLACED *both* the washer and dryer!" Doing some
research on the dryer turned up a common "drum failure" mode. Wunnerful!
That won't be anything *I* can fix (easily).

Yum, yum! :

One of the places with which I'm affiliated recycles/refurbishes electronic
kit (literally millions of pounds annually). By far, most (defective) LCD
monitors they see are Samsung branded. Almost always bad capacitors or
FETs in the backlight drive (inverter).

Of course, its possible that they have the *lowest* failure rate of all
LCD monitors and the high percentage we see is a consequence of them being
more popular (???) in the market. Or, more popular among the folks who
donate this (defective) equipment.

Or, it could be that they are just a crappier product.

I've been tracking LCD TV donations/repairs in an attempt to get a handle
on that "quality" as well... (our plasma is 13 years old, now -- probably
time to "upgrade" : )

Don't get rid of that plasma until it fails - particularly if a
Panasonic. They will generally outlast an LED 2 or 3 to 1.

As for the number of LGs in the recycle heap, they are likely by a
pretty large margin the largest seller - and they DO make more than
one model and quality of just about everything they make.

Like my Dad used to say:

If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already
gone through the horse, THEY DO come a little cheaper - - -