Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery boost

What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2015 3:01 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

Generally, I pop them out and get new
replacements. Did you mean AA or AAA?

Now days, I try and buy only alkalines,
or NiMH. Won't buy carbons or nicads
these days.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2015 1:01 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

"Dead" (as in unable to accept a charge)? Or, just "flat"
(needing a charge)?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 12:01:38 -0800, "Eagle"
wrote:

What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

Another brand ...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:01:47 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

http://www.cheekymonkeysmorzine.com/...ter%20seat.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:24:35 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:01:47 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

http://www.cheekymonkeysmorzine.com/...ter%20seat.jpg

That's about as good as anything when he doesn't even say what
kind of battery it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2015 2:01 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

Depends on the battery, dude.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eagle" wrote in message
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

If the battery booster is dead, I recommend you use a battery booster
booster.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 2:44:34 PM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
"Eagle" wrote in message
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

If the battery booster is dead, I recommend you use a battery booster
booster.

Cute, you beat me to it dammit! ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cute Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

After serious thinking Stormin Mormon wrote :
On 12/30/2015 3:01 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

Generally, I pop them out and get new
replacements. Did you mean AA or AAA?

Now days, I try and buy only alkalines,
or NiMH. Won't buy carbons or nicads
these days.

I mean car a battery. I have a cheap charger, but that thing seems to
not work very well. I was checking battery boosters and chargers and
see that the tech has improved drastically from a large wheeled box to
a small lithium box you can carry around in the glove box.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eagle" wrote in message
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

If the battery booster is dead, I recommend you use a battery booster
booster.

Cute, you beat me to it dammit! ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cute Monster

Dumb question needs dumb answer. Buy another one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 12:44:30 -0800, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

If the battery booster is dead, I recommend you use a battery booster
booster.

If the booster booster is weak, use a booster booster with higher
Amps. Boost it up a notch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car Battery boost

On 12/30/2015 5:26 PM, Eagle wrote:
After serious thinking Stormin Mormon wrote :
On 12/30/2015 3:01 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

I mean car a battery. I have a cheap charger, but that thing seems to
not work very well. I was checking battery boosters and chargers and see
that the tech has improved drastically from a large wheeled box to a
small lithium box you can carry around in the glove box.

I've found in general there are three kinds of
booster.

One, I'd call a charger. Plugs into extension
cord, and changes 110 VAC to 12 VDC. Those
range from float chargers to wheeled charger
and booster.

Second, commonly called jumper cables. These
use a running vehicle to provide battery power
to a vehicle with low or dead battery.

Third is what I personally call a booster. Has
a battery of its own. Clips to the car battery.
The internal battery needs to be charged between
uses (and on occasion as they go dead from the
passage of time).

That said, I've tried three battery boosters. One
from Harbor Freight didn't work, and got returned.
One from BJ's Wholesale Club had a battery that
went dead, and I was able to buy another battery.
Years later, a third battery.

The more expensive (About $100) from Napa booster
pack is on its first battery, and should still work
fine.

As to the lithium cell boosters, I've never used one,
and can't comment on them.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:57:28 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

[...]

Well, guys, here is what Pat Goss and George Kurkowski have to say on
this topic...

http://www.motorweek.org/features/go...y-jump-starter
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 12:34:58 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:24:35 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:01:47 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

http://www.cheekymonkeysmorzine.com/...ter%20seat.jpg

That's about as good as anything when he doesn't even say what
kind of battery it is.

Put some salt on it. I heard about a guy who put salt on a battery and
he was charged in seconds. He was charged with SALT and BATTERY !!!

* Now, that's a serious charge!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2015 7:40 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:57:28 -0500, Stormin Mormon

As to the lithium cell boosters, I've never used one,
and can't comment on them.

Well, guys, here is what Pat Goss and George Kurkowski have to say on
this topic...

http://www.motorweek.org/features/go...y-jump-starter

Thank you. Those guys seemed to be pleased. I
noticed they didn't jump a real car as part
of their description. But, such is brief
display.

I'm OK with the old booster pack for now. But
when I'm in auto parts stores, I will be sure
to view the products, and check prices.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 19:57:42 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/30/2015 7:40 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:57:28 -0500, Stormin Mormon

As to the lithium cell boosters, I've never used one,
and can't comment on them.

Well, guys, here is what Pat Goss and George Kurkowski have to say on
this topic...

http://www.motorweek.org/features/go...y-jump-starter

Thank you. Those guys seemed to be pleased. I
noticed they didn't jump a real car as part
of their description. But, such is brief
display.

I'm OK with the old booster pack for now. But
when I'm in auto parts stores, I will be sure
to view the products, and check prices.

Excuse me for being blunt, but will you quit starting all these extra
friggin' threads instead of replying to the original thread!

Damn!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default changing subject line to reflect the message body

On 12/30/2015 8:20 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Excuse me for being blunt, but will you quit starting all these extra
friggin' threads instead of replying to the original thread!

Damn!

Don't you just hate it when you go to your
book shelf and pull down a book of "Lassie
and the tin horn". You curl up with a
blanket, and open the book. The book is
about injection molding plastic in the
1980s.

I get the same reaction with usenet thread
drift.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 20:38:37 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/30/2015 8:20 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Excuse me for being blunt, but will you quit starting all these extra
friggin' threads instead of replying to the original thread!

Damn!

Don't you just hate it when you go to your
book shelf and pull down a book of "Lassie
and the tin horn". You curl up with a
blanket, and open the book. The book is
about injection molding plastic in the
1980s.

I get the same reaction with usenet thread
drift.

It took you years before you learned where to type your reply --
either top or bottom. How long will it take you to learn how to either
reply to the original thread or start an entirely new thread WITH A
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT!

Also, the previous thread didn't start out about Lassie and drift to
plastic. You hijacked the farkin thread right out of the box. You're
becoming more like that son of a bitch at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. every
day -- It's not my fault!

By the way, Happy new year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:24:35 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:01:47 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

http://www.cheekymonkeysmorzine.com/...ter%20seat.jpg

That's about as good as anything when he doesn't even say what
kind of battery it is.

Put some salt on it. I heard about a guy who put salt on a battery and
he was charged in seconds. He was charged with SALT and BATTERY !!!

* Now, that's a serious charge!

GROAN!

[8~{} Uncle Punny Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2015 7:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/30/2015 8:20 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Excuse me for being blunt, but will you quit starting all these extra
friggin' threads instead of replying to the original thread!

Damn!

Don't you just hate it when you go to your
book shelf and pull down a book of "Lassie
and the tin horn". You curl up with a
blanket, and open the book. The book is
about injection molding plastic in the
1980s.

I get the same reaction with usenet thread
drift.

Amazon doesn't have it... Your search "lassie and the tin horn" did
not match any products.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle wrote:
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

I just keep a good set of LONG jumpers in the car. If I have a problem, I hook
them up to my battery and look at passing cars with my thumb out hitchhiker
style. Of course, you can probably buy a new battery cheaper than one of those
gadgets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

If batteries going dead, because of lights left on, or drain from
alarms, or playing the radio, is an ongoing probelm, I'd recommend
Priority Start. It's 80 dollars or so, but I expect I'll never have
a problem again. I'll take out of each old car and put it into each
new car.

http://www.prioritystart.com/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030A10V0/...l_8qqp55cqxk_b

Also comes in 24 volt and in marine style.

It disconnects the battery before the battery is so weak it can't
start the car. No need to open the hood to reconnect, just put your
foot on the brake.

I've had mine for 3 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Pat Goss used to have a great show live on WRC, DC, probably on
Sundays, but he's wrong when he says battery cables are obsolete and
very dangerous.

I carry them and a girl asked me for a jump just two weeks ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Well, guys, here is what Pat Goss and George Kurkowski have to say on
this topic...

http://www.motorweek.org/features/go...y-jump-starter

And they make or made battery cables with a warning if they were
connected backwards. In 50 years, and a couple hundred jumps, I only
did that once and didn't do any damage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 14:01:38 -0600, Eagle wrote:

What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

A good heavy set of booster cables in the trunk. The modern ones
are pretty small. I've made some from welding cable and heavy duty clamps.
Those are for work use.
I bought one of these from Amazon.
http://preview.alturl.com/3fj27
I haven't tried it yet and can't remember why I chose it
over the others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2015 4:14 AM, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:40:08 -0600, Gordon Shumway
Well, guys, here is what Pat Goss and George Kurkowski have to say on
this topic...

http://www.motorweek.org/features/go...y-jump-starter

Pat Goss used to have a great show live on WRC, DC, probably on
Sundays, but he's wrong when he says battery cables are obsolete and
very dangerous.

I carry them and a girl asked me for a jump just two weeks ago.

I carry jumper cables in both vehicles, and
use them now and again. Maybe three or four
times a year. Maybe not that often. As to
dangerous, one needs to follow the directions
and operate safely.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2015 8:54 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
It took you years before you learned where to type your reply --
either top or bottom. How long will it take you to learn how to either
reply to the original thread or start an entirely new thread WITH A
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT!

Also, the previous thread didn't start out about Lassie and drift to
plastic. You hijacked the farkin thread right out of the box. You're
becoming more like that son of a bitch at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. every
day -- It's not my fault!

By the way, Happy new year.

I think someone needs a hug.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Lassie and the tin horn

On 12/30/2015 10:34 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
On 12/30/2015 7:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/30/2015 8:20 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Excuse me for being blunt, but will you quit starting all these extra
friggin' threads instead of replying to the original thread!

Damn!

Don't you just hate it when you go to your
book shelf and pull down a book of "Lassie
and the tin horn". You curl up with a
blanket, and open the book. The book is
about injection molding plastic in the
1980s.

I get the same reaction with usenet thread
drift.

Amazon doesn't have it... Your search "lassie and the tin horn" did
not match any products.

It was a very short run print, they had so
many other "Lassie and" books to make. That
one is very collectable.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 08:48:21 -0500
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've got to go
see the Bishop and confess.

Gonna do some butt humping, eh?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've got to go
see the Bishop and confess.

Gonna do some butt humping, eh?

Naah, that's only for choirboys.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Micky has brought this to us :

wrote:

[...]

Did you jump her Micky?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2015 4:14 AM, Micky wrote:

I carry them and a girl asked me for a jump just two weeks ago.

I'm jealous. Been a few years since a young lady wanted me to jump her,
but I'm happily married anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2015 5:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 14:01:38 -0600, Eagle wrote:

What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?

A good heavy set of booster cables in the trunk. The modern ones
are pretty small. I've made some from welding cable and heavy duty clamps.
Those are for work use.

+1

I used welding cable (fine strands), large clamps (the sort that have jaws
that pivot to expose the "clip on prongs" for batteries with those "top
mount" cables) and then ran the mess through some 1" metal braid to
keep the two conductors side-by-side for their entire length. Heavy
but the added length and quality has lasted me some 40 years...

I bought one of these from Amazon.
http://preview.alturl.com/3fj27
I haven't tried it yet and can't remember why I chose it
over the others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski expressed precisely :
On 12/31/2015 4:14 AM, Micky wrote:

I carry them and a girl asked me for a jump just two weeks ago.

I'm jealous. Been a few years since a young lady wanted me to jump her, but
I'm happily married anyway.

So am I...47 years worth, but a young beauty wants a jump, who am I to
deny her?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2015 10:42 AM, Eagle wrote:
Ed Pawlowski expressed precisely :

I'm jealous. Been a few years since a young lady wanted me to jump
her, but I'm happily married anyway.

So am I...47 years worth, but a young beauty wants a jump, who am I to
deny her?

I'm not even allowed to think about
such things. Another trip to confession.

--
..
Christopher A. Young