Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Boost Converter Tutorial?

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:25:00 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

...Jim Thompson

So you decided to take someone's advice about what to do with your
design?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

...Jim Thompson
--

TI app notes?
http://www.ti.com/analog/docs/analogtechdoc_hh.tsp?viewType=mostuseful&rootFamil yId=64&familyId=661&docTitle=boost&docCategoryId=1

The 3525 has been around for a long time...
Maybe DN-62 has what your looking for.
http://www.ti.com/product/uc3525b

cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

...Jim Thompson

So you decided to take someone's advice about what to do with your
design?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

This is but a small portion of the whole chip. As I said, I have no
experience (*) with PWM'd boost converters, though lots of those with
low output current, running burst mode (they have little or no
stability issues).

As Larkin would snark, If you've got something technical to say, then
say it, otherwise STFU :-{)

(*) Unlike some posters lurking here, I readily admit areas of which I
have little or no expertise. Then I listen, learn and ultimately
become the expert ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:36:38 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

...Jim Thompson
--

TI app notes?
http://www.ti.com/analog/docs/analogtechdoc_hh.tsp?viewType=mostuseful&rootFamil yId=64&familyId=661&docTitle=boost&docCategoryId=1

The 3525 has been around for a long time...
Maybe DN-62 has what your looking for.
http://www.ti.com/product/uc3525b

cheers

Thanks, Martin! I owe you another sip or two or...

Though probably at some other location than Long Island. I sent those
horse's-asses in Huntington (and only you will appreciate why I say
that) an E-mail, "As I sit here in Rochester, in my _office_ (with a
_door_), looking out my _window_ at the melting snow, with a
_door-pass_ badge hanging around my neck, and with my laptop sitting
there connected to the customer's _network_ and the _Internet_, I was
thinking of you fellows at @#$%... :-} "

I doubt they'll invite me back ;-) Though you never know... I was the
only one who could convey to Cadence what was needed with the "w-real"
modeling.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

That'll be a watch then....

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

TTman wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

That'll be a watch then....

I was going to say a tooth brush but, I've been in parts where that
maybe not be true

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:44:16 -0000, "TTman"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

That'll be a watch then....

No. Think teenagers... what are they never seen without ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 11:22:38 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Actually, I'd go looking at off-the-shelf parts to snag ideas from.

Efficiency? Regulation bounds? % of total product cost that'll be taken
up by the converter?

Unless the above answers are "low, loose, and low", I think your biggest
challenge won't be the silicon, it'll be finding small, economical & high
performance inductors, designing the thing to take advantage of them, and
dancing around the inevitable unstable zero in the boost converter.

Are you planning on paying for the 0.3V drop of a Schottkey on each
supply, or the time & trouble to drive the extra two switches & make it
synchronous?

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

No. Think teenagers... what are they never seen without ?:-)

Decent clothes ? lol
U seen the ones in the UK where their pants crotch comes down to their knees
..... PMSL

Doh that dreaded thumb rattling Mobile
Got any good designs for a blocker ????

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
[...]

He's a real tease.. probably got all that sorted already....

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:03:22 +0000, TTman wrote:

[...]

Control system and signal processing consulting www.wescottdesign.com

He's a real tease.. probably got all that sorted already....

Well, I would hope so. But you could do everything he's asking for with
a couple of charge pumps followed by linear regulators, if you didn't
mind the inefficiency.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:00:36 -0000, "TTman"
wrote:

No. Think teenagers... what are they never seen without ?:-)

Decent clothes ? lol
U seen the ones in the UK where their pants crotch comes down to their knees
.... PMSL

Doh that dreaded thumb rattling Mobile
Got any good designs for a blocker ????

No blocker. But I understand that new movie theater installs in the
US are shielded sufficiently that cell phones don't function in the
auditorium portion of the facility. I know that at least one theater
I frequent requests that doctors leave their cell phones and pagers at
the front desk if they're "on-call"... an usher will come and notify
them as needed.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:59:29 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 11:22:38 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Actually, I'd go looking at off-the-shelf parts to snag ideas from.

Efficiency?

As high as practical.

Regulation bounds?

Loose. Lots of compensating innards for power supply variation.

% of total product cost that'll be taken
up by the converter?

They've already committed to external switch(es)

Unless the above answers are "low, loose, and low", I think your biggest
challenge won't be the silicon, it'll be finding small, economical & high
performance inductors, designing the thing to take advantage of them, and
dancing around the inevitable unstable zero in the boost converter.

The inductor _is_ a problem. They're already at their height limit
and their present implementation (at lower current) is just pushing
into saturation :-(

Are you planning on paying for the 0.3V drop of a Schottkey on each
supply, or the time & trouble to drive the extra two switches & make it
synchronous?

That's up for debate.

But this client is no onesy-twosy outfit... they just shipped their
BILLIONETH chip!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:11:01 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

[...]

Try 32 Ohm "bumps" and you see another aspect of the problem :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Yeahbut you tried to cram a burst mode at one of my questions and I hadn't
even asked for a design.

It wasn't because burst mode was best for my app, it was because you didn't
know PWM - not exactly honest was it.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Like you, right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:36:38 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote
in message ...
[...]

Snicker...

I also came across a voltage vs. current move paper by TI (maybe
unitrode) not sure.
That may have something in it too.

It should be some where in those links above.

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

...Jim Thompson

Display driver.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Oh joy -- so, do you have the frequency headroom to use a lower
inductance coil with the same core, to get the saturation current up?

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Has the value of inductor been selected properly? The rule of thumb for
a boost converter in continuous conduction mode is L = (V *
D)/(R*I_l*f), where the parameters are evaluated at the _lowest_
specified (worst case for a boost) input voltage. V is the input
voltage, I_l is the DC inductor current (I_o/(1-D)), D is the duty
cycle, f is the switching frequency. R is the "ripple current ratio"
and has an optimum value of 0.4 for continuous conduction mode in most
cases.

At low voltages the inductor can be sized solely based on the DC load
current requirements - if the current limiting is fast enough it doesn't
matter if the inductor saturates under abnormal conditions.

If the inductor is still too big maybe use discontinuous mode instead?
It'll be harder to stabilize, unfortunately.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

...Jim Thompson

Display driver.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Of course ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

That's where my thoughts are progressing...

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Just how big does this inductor have to be? Looking he
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...GA0000CE34.pdf

A 100 uH 150 mA inductor looks like it could be a chip inductor a few mm
high.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

No. Think teenagers... what are they never seen without ?:-)

A stupid look on their face as they ignore you? ;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with
peak current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

Hmm, an inch long and a millimeter wide--it's for a robotic cockroach,
right?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Nope. It goes in something that virtually every person owns :-)

...Jim Thompson

So you decided to take someone's advice about what to do with your
design?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

nnnnkkkkkk-splutter..
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:21:29 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

---
Your "questions" are little more than trolls designed to attract and
focus attention on you and, since you asked for "help" and it was
offered and you rejected it, out of hand, you're an ingrate with an
agenda disparate from ours, which is to help.
---

It wasn't because burst mode was best for my app, it was because you didn't
know PWM - not exactly honest was it.

---
If he didn't know PWM and offered you burst mode instead, why was that
dishonest at the time?

After all, he did the best he could, with what he had at hand, which
was better than anything you could come up with, since you were the
one asking for help.

--
JF

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Fields" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:21:29 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
message ...

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Do try to pay attention sometimes!

All I asked for was load curves for bicycle dynamos.

I didn't ask anyone to design it for me - I already have that well in hand.

I didn't reject the few (unsolicited) solutions from the minority of
smart-asses pretending to know more than they did - I just ignored them.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:14:29 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

I didn't reject the few (unsolicited) solutions from the minority of
smart-asses pretending to know more than they did - I just ignored them.

---
Well, since ignorance seems to be your strong suit, that was probably
a good move on your part.

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I didn't reject the few (unsolicited) solutions from the minority of
smart-asses pretending to know more than they did - I just ignored them.

---
Well, since ignorance seems to be your strong suit, that was probably
a good move on your part.

Well I certainly saved myself some aggro by ignoring the unsuitable topology
suggested by your chum.

Can't help wondering whether he'd have got it right if he had known how to
do the correct way.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I didn't reject the few (unsolicited) solutions from the minority of
smart-asses pretending to know more than they did - I just ignored them.

---
Well, since ignorance seems to be your strong suit, that was probably
a good move on your part.

Ian _and_ a notable other poster on this topic are severely ignorant
about the real world.

PWM BUCK is trivial. I chose BURST for the hub dynamo because it
would be a freebie around the 555, and I was intent on rubbing the 555
up some snobbish noses ;-)

PWM BOOST is NOT trivial, though I'm well on my way to an off-the-wall
STABLE solution... found by running the math instead of my mouth.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

In the past I have designed boost converters in burst mode, with peak
current control, but never with a PWM-controlled loop.

Outputs: +5 @ 25mA, -5V @ 20mA

Can someone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks!

[Don't point me to an off-the-shelf part. This has to go into a
_custom_ chip... just a little thing... 1mm x 25mm :-]

...Jim Thompson

I have a Fairchild app note: AN-4105 that I've refereed to on occasion. Its
for their line of power switch products, but its got some block diagrams,
formulas, graphs and whatnot that are generic and describe operational
issues.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Broken pipe. Command flooded basement.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Why does a self-proclaimed Master Circuit Designer need a tutorial on
something so basic? And why can't he use Google to find it?

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

If you were paying attention, and not just out to be a horse's ass,
you'd note that I said I'd done a low current discontinuous _boost_
regulator many years ago, but not done a PWM continuous mode before.

But I am indeed a master circuit designer. SPECIFY me a function and
I can do it. I just didn't (note the past tense) know the intricacies
of fancy boost regulators ;-)

Google yields piles of unqualified crap. Friends give guidance, for
which I am greatly appreciative! You are an enemy out to convince
everyone how brilliant you are, at the expense of anyone who gets in
your way. In fact, you're mediocrity personified. And, if you think
it's so basic, give us all a primer. We're all in need of a good
laugh ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:17:54 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I didn't reject the few (unsolicited) solutions from the minority of
smart-asses pretending to know more than they did - I just ignored them.

---
Well, since ignorance seems to be your strong suit, that was probably
a good move on your part.

Well I certainly saved myself some aggro by ignoring the unsuitable topology
suggested by your chum.

---
"Aggro"?

Oh, my, how cute!

If you ignored it, then there's no way you could have determined
whether it was suitable or not.
---

Can't help wondering whether he'd have got it right if he had known how to
do the correct way.

---
Your pretending to knowledge of the _correct_ way insinuates that
you're privy to information which you obviously don't possess, since
you admit to wondering.

That makes you a phony.

Jim's made a good life for himself and his family, has certainly
contributed more than it seems _you_ ever will toward making this
world a better place in which to live, and yet all you can do is hurl
insolence from the peanut gallery.

Just a little envious, are we?

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Perhaps Ian, upon completion of his engineering degree, will grace us
with an elegant solution to the hub dynamo problem ?:-)

My only regret is that I wasted time trying to help Ian. It'll not
happen again.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:21:29 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
message ...

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Well? Then show us how wonderful your design is.

I didn't reject the few (unsolicited) solutions from the minority of
smart-asses pretending to know more than they did - I just ignored them.

You "ignore" because you are "ignorant".

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |