Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fires in Ferguson, Missouri ...

Ferguson, Missouri, Jessie Jackson has arrived on site. One gun shop,
in recent weeks sold more guns to local residents. Fight fire with
fire. I thought people knew. Grand Jury decision in 20 minutes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 5:52 PM, Oren wrote:
Ferguson, Missouri, Jessie Jackson has arrived on site. One gun shop,
in recent weeks sold more guns to local residents. Fight fire with
fire. I thought people knew. Grand Jury decision in 20 minutes?

This is a pivot point, we'll see how the rest
of the next two years likely to go.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:07:22 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/24/2014 5:52 PM, Oren wrote:
Ferguson, Missouri, Jessie Jackson has arrived on site. One gun shop,
in recent weeks sold more guns to local residents. Fight fire with
fire. I thought people knew. Grand Jury decision in 20 minutes?

This is a pivot point, we'll see how the rest
of the next two years likely to go.

"Gov. Nixon calls for peace ahead of grand jury announcement"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Etiquett Question - was: Fires in Ferguson, Missouri ...

"Oren" wrote in message
Ferguson, Missouri, Jessie Jackson has arrived on site. One gun shop,
in recent weeks sold more guns to local residents. Fight fire with
fire. I thought people knew. Grand Jury decision in 20 minutes?

I think you forgot about the time zones. 1.5 hours to go.

Here is the etiquette question: When lawfully and responsibly protesting,
should you have a written shopping list thought out ahead of time, or just
grab whatever stuff you can lay your hands on?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 6:35 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:07:22 -0500, Stormin Mormon
This is a pivot point, we'll see how the rest
of the next two years likely to go.

"Gov. Nixon calls for peace ahead of grand jury announcement"

Waggles jowls, and declares he is not a crook!

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:43:48 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Waggles jowls, and declares he is not a crook!

Richard, is that you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

Here is the etiquette question: When lawfully and responsibly
protesting, should you have a written shopping list thought out ahead of
time, or just grab whatever stuff you can lay your hands on?

It is like the black Friday sales, everyone for theirselves.

"Pants up, Don't loot!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 6:53 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Pico Rico" wrote in message

Here is the etiquette question: When lawfully and responsibly protesting,
should you have a written shopping list thought out ahead of time, or just
grab whatever stuff you can lay your hands on?

It is like the black Friday sales, everyone for theirselves.

Racist! You can't call it BLACK friday.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Waggles jowls, and declares he is not a crook!

Richard, is that you?

Thank God, you're not like the bullies in
school who kept calling me Trickie Dickie.
How I hated that. And then when I was in
college, someone figured out my name was
Millhouse, and that was worse. It's so hot
down here, but I've enjoyed meeting Adolf
and Josef, and Bennito tells some of the
best jokes. Pol Pot is great guy, but
speaks with a bit of an accent. My love to
everyone.

Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

Here is the etiquette question: When lawfully and responsibly protesting,
should you have a written shopping list thought out ahead of time, or just
grab whatever stuff you can lay your hands on?

It is like the black Friday sales, everyone for theirselves.

Racist! You can't call it BLACK friday.

-

You call it Ah-frickin-merican Friday.
Senior Member

The prosecutor in the Michael Brown shooting just delivered the Grand Jury's decision NOT to press charges against the cop (Darren Wilson, I think his name was) in that shooting.

It appears that the crowd that gathered in front of the police station in Ferguson did not become violent. From what I saw on the news reports, they basically just hung around, but didn't start rioting or looting. It looks like it's gonna be a peaceful night in Ferguson tonight.

Apparantly, a Grand Jury consists of 12 citizens, and in this case there were 9 whites and three blacks, but they were picked to represent the broad spectrum of Missouri society, from rich to poor, old to young, blue collar to professional and of course both men and women. All that's needed is a quorem of 9 jurors to reach a verdict, and from what I could see from the news reports, the people protesting in Ferguson accepted the Grand Jury's decision, and didn't become enraged by it. I expect the only thing that could go wrong now is them finding out that all 9 white jurors voted one way while all three blacks voted the other way. That would create a mess. But, apparantly, anything about the vote and what the principle points the jurors argued over is meant to be secret precisely so that the public can't second guess the jury or point to reasons why they voted the way they did. I guess you have to have that in order to have finality to the matter.

Last edited by nestork : November 25th 14 at 03:19 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 10:01 PM, nestork wrote:

It appears that the crowd that gathered in front of the police station
in Ferguson did not become violent. From what I saw on the news
reports, they basically just hung around, but didn't start rioting or
looting. It looks like it's gonna be a peaceful night in Ferguson
tonight.

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of
windows being smashed.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Pawlowski View Post
Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of
windows being smashed.
That musta happened later. When that prosecutor announced the Grand Jury decision, nothing happened. People kept standing around in front of that court house a long after they learned of the decision. Maybe we'll know tomorrow morning whether that was the end of the story or not.

I fully expect that some of the people in the crowd wanted there to be a riot, and when they saw the crowd wasn't gonna do that, decided to start rioting on their own.

Last edited by nestork : November 25th 14 at 04:59 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

Ed Pawlowski;3312882 Wrote:

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of

windows being smashed.

That musta happened later. When that prosecutor announced the Grand
Jury decision, nothing happened. People kept standing around in front
of that court house a long after they learned of the decision.

They were waiting for it to be translated into ebonics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/14, 6:58 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Negro gentlemen and gentle ladies stay home and read
the Bible to their children, say prayers and go to
bed at a reasonable hour.

Years ago, it rankled me to read an interview where Bill Cosby said it
was important for TV to present Negroes as especially well-to-do (like
the Huxtables, a doctor married to a lawyer). Many producers had
believed that about white TV families, that to be ladies and gentlemen
fit for TV, they had to be especially affluent. I found it boring and
snobbish. I hated to think he was one of them.

Now I find that he wrote the show about a limo driver married to an
electrician. His wife made him change it, and he parroted her opinion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 12:48 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
"nestork" wrote in message

Ed Pawlowski;3312882 Wrote:

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of

windows being smashed.

That musta happened later. When that prosecutor announced the Grand
Jury decision, nothing happened. People kept standing around in front
of that court house a long after they learned of the decision.

They were waiting for it to be translated into ebonics.

Maybe they had to hear their marching orders
from Rev. Al, and Jesse Jackson? What good is
a court decision without interpretation?

I mean, when white people elect Republicans,
someone is sure to say that we all got orders
from Rush Limbaugh.

"My sheep shall know my voice, and I am telling
them to go out and burn their own neighborhoods
and go loot white businesses." (Something Rev.
Sharpton might have said.)

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 11:57 PM, nestork wrote:
Ed Pawlowski;3312882 Wrote:

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of

windows being smashed.

That musta happened later. When that prosecutor announced the Grand
Jury decision, nothing happened. People kept standing around in front
of that court house a long after they learned of the decision. Maybe
we'll know tomorrow morning whether that was the end of the story or
not.

I fully expect that some of the people in the crowd wanted there to be a
riot, and when they saw the crowd wasn't gonna do that, decided to start
rioting on their own.

Plenty of violence and burning.

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...tter-video.ece

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 10:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/24/2014 10:01 PM, nestork wrote:

It appears that the crowd that gathered in front of the police station
in Ferguson did not become violent. From what I saw on the news
reports, they basically just hung around, but didn't start rioting or
looting. It looks like it's gonna be a peaceful night in Ferguson
tonight.

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of
windows being smashed.

Later news piece reports shots fired,
some stores and at least on warehouse
were burned. I didn't see any reports
of violence in other cities.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:17:08 AM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
Ed Pawlowski;3312882 Wrote:

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of

windows being smashed.

That musta happened later. When that prosecutor announced the Grand
Jury decision, nothing happened. People kept standing around in front
of that court house a long after they learned of the decision. Maybe
we'll know tomorrow morning whether that was the end of the story or
not.

I fully expect that some of the people in the crowd wanted there to be a
riot, and when they saw the crowd wasn't gonna do that, decided to start
rioting on their own.

--
nestork

Do you expect the violence to start in 5 secs, right in front of the
judicial building, in front of cameras, etc? Within hours I was watching
buildings burning, stores looted, a car dealer lot with cars one after the
other being torched, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 07:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Later news piece reports shots fired,
some stores and at least on warehouse
were burned. I didn't see any reports
of violence in other cities.

This ain't nothing compared to the redneck white trash that storm Walmart on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 7:52 AM, Taxpayer wrote:
On 11/25/2014 07:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Later news piece reports shots fired,
some stores and at least on warehouse
were burned. I didn't see any reports
of violence in other cities.

This ain't nothing compared to the redneck white trash that storm
Walmart on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I wonder why the PD didn't arrest the smashers
and looters? Equal enforcement, and all.

Wonder what happens if I go to the city tonight
near me, and smash cop cars and loot stores
and burn warehouses? Equal enforcement says
that the cops will just stand around and watch.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
nestork wrote:

Ed Pawlowski;3312882 Wrote:

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of

windows being smashed.

That musta happened later. When that prosecutor announced the Grand
Jury decision, nothing happened. People kept standing around in front
of that court house a long after they learned of the decision. Maybe
we'll know tomorrow morning whether that was the end of the story or
not.

It does take some time to get matches together or look around for
JUST the right rock to throw through a liquor store window.

--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:13:59 AM UTC-5, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
nestork wrote:

Ed Pawlowski;3312882 Wrote:

Smashing a police car does not show that peace. NBC new had the vido of

windows being smashed.

That musta happened later. When that prosecutor announced the Grand
Jury decision, nothing happened. People kept standing around in front
of that court house a long after they learned of the decision. Maybe
we'll know tomorrow morning whether that was the end of the story or
not.

It does take some time to get matches together or look around for
JUST the right rock to throw through a liquor store window.

Nestor must be watching too many of those old western movies, where
the angry mob assembles and storms the sheriff's office to get the
prisoner. In all the riots and looting I've seen here, they rarely if
ever start at the court house. Liqour, food, appliance, clothing stores
seem to be more typical. I wonder why?
Senior Member

When I watched the news last night, the prosecutor read the Grand Jury decision and there was arial footage from a helicopter that showed the crowd in front of the court house doing nothing. I figured that it would be then or never that the crowd would become enraged. Nothing noteworty happened so I shut the TV off and went to bed. I didn't stay up for more than half an hour after the prosecutor read the Grand Jury verdict. Any damage to property must have happened after I shut the TV off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
Nestor must be watching too many of those old western movies, where
the angry mob assembles and storms the sheriff's office to get the
prisoner. In all the riots and looting I've seen here, they rarely if
ever start at the court house. Liqour, food, appliance, clothing stores
seem to be more typical. I wonder why?
Why? Cuz there ain't nuthin better than a looting spree to update your wardrobe, get that 1080P flat panel TV set you've been wanting and restock your liquor cabinet. That's why. Looting has absolutely NOTHING to do with justice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 7:52 AM, Taxpayer wrote:
On 11/25/2014 07:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Later news piece reports shots fired,
some stores and at least on warehouse
were burned. I didn't see any reports
of violence in other cities.

This ain't nothing compared to the redneck white trash that storm Walmart on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Preview of coming attractions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_adgG8Ba2Q
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 09:30 AM, nestork wrote:
When I watched the news last night, the prosecutor read the Grand Jury
decision and there was arial footage from a helicopter that showed the
crowd in front of the court house doing nothing. I figured that it
would be then or never that the crowd would become enraged. Nothing
noteworty happened so I shut the TV off and went to bed. I didn't stay
up for more than half an hour after the prosecutor read the Grand Jury
verdict. Any damage to property must have happened after I shut the TV
off.

snip

Even though it's pretty difficult for me to come up with a scenario
where it would be OK to kill an unarmed man...since I was not there to
witness the event...it would be impossible for me to say with 100% what
was justifiable .

What I can see with 100% certainty however is the extreme racism
expressed here by some people who I will be ignoring from now on.

Really folks WHAT THE ****???

I do not consider myself a religious person however the US is primarily
a Christian country and I'd think maybe a little of it would rub off.

Are you all a bunch of ****ing Commie Atheists here or what?

I served in the US Army for this?

Really WHAT THE ****???

You ****ing racists are nothing but a bunch of whining Commie Pinko's
without even the most rudimentary understanding of right and wrong.

Racism is God's sin as we are all created in His image...
so **** YOU you racist Commie Atheist *******s!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 11:55 AM, philo wrote:

Even though it's pretty difficult for me to come up with a scenario
where it would be OK to kill an unarmed man...since I was not there to
witness the event...it would be impossible for me to say with 100% what
was justifiable .

The unarmed man had his hands on cop's gun
at one point, and looked like he was coming
in for another round of grab the gun. I also
remember he had his hands in his waist band,
hinting that he might had a gun of his own.

I'm not sure the cop thought that the big
suspect was unarmed.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:31:38 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/25/2014 11:55 AM, philo wrote:

Even though it's pretty difficult for me to come up with a scenario
where it would be OK to kill an unarmed man...since I was not there to
witness the event...it would be impossible for me to say with 100% what
was justifiable .

The unarmed man had his hands on cop's gun
at one point, and looked like he was coming
in for another round of grab the gun. I also
remember he had his hands in his waist band,
hinting that he might had a gun of his own.

I'm not sure the cop thought that the big
suspect was unarmed.

Brown was a felony suspect in a robbery. The only way to ensure the
suspect is unarmed is to restrain him and SEARCH him. A strip search
when he enters the dungeon ...

Officer Wilson is the victim in this incident, the only thing he did
wrong that day "was go to work."
--
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it," -- Clint Eastwood
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 11:54 AM, Oren wrote:

snip

Brown was a felony suspect in a robbery. The only way to ensure the
suspect is unarmed is to restrain him and SEARCH him. A strip search
when he enters the dungeon ...

Officer Wilson is the victim in this incident, the only thing he did
wrong that day "was go to work."

Yes, and I have no problem with people who take Wilson's side. Like I
said I was not there so I cannot know with certainty what happened...but
he very well may have been in the right...so I am not bringing into
question the Grand Jury's decision.

I have no problem with people taking sides one way or the other.
What I do have a problem with is some of the people here resorting to
racist remarks.

This country was built on freedom and equal rights and to utter mindless
racist marks is just plain anti-American, anti-God anti-common sense.

Such remarks hit me especially hard because I am a veteran and served to
ensure freedom for all. ****es me off because I was told the "Ruskies"
are our enemy when the enemy is here right at home.

Ignorance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:55:41 -0600, philo* wrote:

You ****ing racists are nothing but a bunch of

Calm down. Please define "racists". What is a racists to you?

Yes, you did take an Oath when inducted into the Army. To protect and
defend the Constitution - protect free speech, with speech you do NOT
agree with.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:55:41 -0600, philo wrote:

You ****ing racists are nothing but a bunch of

Calm down. Please define "racists". What is a racists to you?

Yes, you did take an Oath when inducted into the Army. To protect and
defend the Constitution - protect free speech, with speech you do NOT
agree with.

yes I am all calmed down now

and yes, I defended the right to allow people to make idiotic remarks.

Those who condemn the violence are not racists in doing so...

the specific language used by some here is indeed racist and I don't
really think I need to give an example.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:49:21 -0600, philo* wrote:

Yes, and I have no problem with people who take Wilson's side. Like I
said I was not there so I cannot know with certainty what happened...but
he very well may have been in the right...so I am not bringing into
question the Grand Jury's decision.

Good.

I have no problem with people taking sides one way or the other.
What I do have a problem with is some of the people here resorting to
racist remarks.

You took your Oath to defend speech.

This country was built on freedom and equal rights and to utter mindless
racist marks is just plain anti-American, anti-God anti-common sense.

.... but you defended this speech by taking an Oath.

Such remarks hit me especially hard because I am a veteran and served to
ensure freedom for all. ****es me off because I was told the "Ruskies"
are our enemy when the enemy is here right at home.

Ignorance.

Calm down. I hear you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 01:20 PM, Oren wrote:

snipped but read

Calm down. I hear you.

Done venting
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 04:01:07 +0100, nestork
wrote:

It appears that the crowd that gathered in front of the police station
in Ferguson did not become violent. From what I saw on the news
reports, they basically just hung around, but didn't start rioting or
looting. It looks like it's gonna be a peaceful night in Ferguson
tonight.

Nestor,

You have two types of "crowds". One is non-violent, those legally
demonstrating civility, Freedom of assembly.

WIKI: "Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the
freedom of association, is the individual right or ability to come
together and collectively express, promote, pursue, and defend their
ideas."

The other crowd are the hoodlums, creatures of the night, preying upon
a community under cover of darkness.

Good news is that local folks were buying guns and ammo, stimulating
the economy.
--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 2:36 PM, philo wrote:
On 11/25/2014 01:20 PM, Oren wrote:
snipped but read

Calm down. I hear you.

Done venting

I find that telling people to calm down
seldom has the desired effect.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Senior Member

Oren:

I expect Philo was upset by my saying that nothing beats a good looting spree to update a person's wardrobe, get a flat panel HD TV and restock one's liquor cabinet.

There's nothing racist there, Philo. I think it's blindingly obvious that any looting that went on last night was pure opportunism. If those looters felt that racism was behind the Grand Jury's decision, they have more productive ways to express their rage. They could appeal to the prosecutor to retry that cop in civil court on a wrongful death charge, as happend in the O. J. Simpson case.

Whatever looting went on last night was not a reaction to perceived racism, it was lawlessness and theft trying to disguise itself as a reaction to percieved racism.

Those are my remarks, they're were well thought out and I stand behind them.
I'm Nestor Kelebay and I approved this message.

Last edited by nestork : November 25th 14 at 08:31 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:51:18 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/25/2014 2:36 PM, philo wrote:
On 11/25/2014 01:20 PM, Oren wrote:
snipped but read

Calm down. I hear you.

Done venting

I find that telling people to calm down
seldom has the desired effect.

If said incorrectly, appears as a 'control' statement. If said correctly,
can actually defuse a situation. But I'm probably more like you, Don't
tell ME to calm down, YOU'RE not in control here. However, oddly, the
person who maintains 'cool' is the winner and the one who blows their
stack is the loser.

Once at the Athens Airport [before all that airport security garbage] the
ticket guy was giving me problems, I told him and could NOT get him to do
anything worthwhile. Finally, after minutes of his obstinancy, I totally
lost my temper! I yelled so loud that the whole section of the airport
[even along the second floor] stopped and turned towards us, I went around
the counter and I even threw the tickets in his face [never used
obscenities though]! Just after the tickets hit his face, I caught a
glimmer in his expression of, "HA! I got you, American!" and with that I
started laughing at just how he had successfully duped me into becoming a
total ass. After all that he quickly prepared all the tickets the way I
wanted, gave them to me, and we each smiled and parted more friends than
disgruntled enemies. Just never been 'played' so completely before.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:51:18 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/25/2014 2:36 PM, philo wrote:
On 11/25/2014 01:20 PM, Oren wrote:
snipped but read

Calm down. I hear you.

Done venting

I find that telling people to calm down
seldom has the desired effect.

Try Duct Tape over the lips. At least you may not be bitten.

Let Philo vent, gosh dang it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:08:22 -0700, nestork
wrote:

..snip...

They're my remarks, they were well thought out, and I stand behind them.
I'm Nestor Kelebay and I approved this message.

Picking up bits and pieces of watching what's going on:
police line was firing tear gas into crowds, ...outside the police station
didn't see ANY police presence protecting all that private property though
Bless these people...citizens stood around the front of one store with
their arms locked to prevent looting.
Sadly, as one citizen said, "where am I going to buy my groceries now?"

Facts still remain; deadly force was used. Well, what do you expect with
the militarization of the police force? Seems like a LOT of shots, too. At
least at Waco, Feinstein complemented the FBI agents on their marksmanship.