Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Etiquett Question - was: Fires in Ferguson, Missouri ...

On 11/24/14, 6:58 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Negro gentlemen and gentle ladies stay home and read
the Bible to their children, say prayers and go to
bed at a reasonable hour.

Years ago, it rankled me to read an interview where Bill Cosby said it
was important for TV to present Negroes as especially well-to-do (like
the Huxtables, a doctor married to a lawyer). Many producers had
believed that about white TV families, that to be ladies and gentlemen
fit for TV, they had to be especially affluent. I found it boring and
snobbish. I hated to think he was one of them.

Now I find that he wrote the show about a limo driver married to an
electrician. His wife made him change it, and he parroted her opinion.