Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SW Missouri Hardwood Dealers

We recently spent 3+ weeks near Cassville Mo helping our son finish out his
new home. In the process I located some of the many hardwood dealers and
small mill in the area. Prices would make it feasible for many woodworkers
in the four-state area to look some of these folks up.

Red oak prices ranged from $1.65 to $2.50/bd ft.
Walnut was just over $3
Many carried other woods including cherry, maple, etc.
Some even include sales tax in the base price.

Most are very accommodating. Wise hardwood, for example, provided two
pieces I needed to cap a stair rail in sizes of 7"x12' and 7"x8'. I
requested matching wood and got it. They even cut it to width and I barely
touched it other than shape the edges, cut to length and sanded. No add-on
for sizing.

Van's is a small family run mill that cuts, dries and produces good quality
moulding. I had to call ahead so he could plane what I needed, but on one
occasion he and his wife delivered it to the site. "Wanted to see the house
anyway." The trips to his house and mill in the beautiful Ozark hills was
worth doing business.

Mid-America is a large operation that sells wholesale only but provides
mouldings, doors, flooring and other items as well as lumber.

Mid America Hardwoods Sarcoxi Mo (417) 548-2191
Wise Hardwood Lumber Pierce City Mo 417-476-5119
H&H Hardwoods Grandby Mo 417-472-3479
Van's Millworks Washburn Mo. 417-662-3421
417-662-3107

RonB