Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kill them all! - the new gas can?

nestork wrote, on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:14:22 +0200:

Is there some Department of Transportation regulation that requires gas
cans to be red and the corresponding cans for diesel fuel to be yellow?

I read the specs once (and posted a lot of it to a.h.r in the past).
Yes. It must be red, although, this new can I bought just today is sort
of a pale orangyreddish color ...
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3868/1...2b1332bd_b.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote, on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:11:15 -0400:

I'm not afraid, just pointing out that gas cans in your car is
cause for concern.

Heh heh ... look'it what I filled up today, and put in my trunk!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3892/1...7df1c083_b.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2014 11:50 AM, wrote:
http://ezpourspout.com/order/order-fuel-spouts/
http://ezpourspout.com/order/order-fuel-spouts/
http://ezpourspout.com/order/order-fuel-spouts/
http://ezpourspout.com/order/order-fuel-spouts/ !!!!

And they have them down at the local True Value. Let's see - the can is
now over $30. God I hate experts.

I used to use the True Value here, but it's gone since Lowe's opened.
The other old hardware store is gone too. I did find those spouts at
Tractor Supply.

BTW, I have one old gas can and 4 of the early new cans. On those the
plastic body is the same except for the vent hole not being drilled.
The EZ Pour spouts and caps (yellow caps) fit both.

--
104 days until the winter celebration (Thursday December 25, 2014
12:00:00 AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty, rapine and murder;
for the belief of a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2014 09:06 AM, Danny D. wrote:

[snip]

Of course, gasoline vapor *does* explode, but, luckily, the cans
*do* seal the gasoline in pretty well, so, given I'm at retirement
age and I've never had even a fender bender in my life, the odds
are pretty good that I'm not going to get into an accident on my
way home from the gas station.

NEWS HEADLINE: MAN DRIVES HOME FROM GAS STATION, HAS NO FENDER
BENDER!!!! FILM AT 11!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2014 01:16 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

I've heard that using gasoline in a diesel
engine does MAJOR damage. I've found that
disel in a gas engine doesn't run well at
all.

I seem to remember hearing something about a boat exploding because
someone put gasoline in a tank that should hold diesel.

--
104 days until the winter celebration (Thursday December 25, 2014
12:00:00 AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty, rapine and murder;
for the belief of a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2014 07:18 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Nobody smokes here.

I wish nobody smoked anywhere.

--
104 days until the winter celebration (Thursday December 25, 2014
12:00:00 AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty, rapine and murder;
for the belief of a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Danny D." writes:

Dan Espen wrote, on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:11:15 -0400:

I'm not afraid, just pointing out that gas cans in your car is
cause for concern.

Heh heh ... look'it what I filled up today, and put in my trunk!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3892/1...7df1c083_b.jpg

Nuts.

If you don't do this, she'll eventually go to the station
on her own.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2014 9:35 AM, hah wrote:
On 09/11/2014 09:06 AM, Danny D. wrote:

[snip]

I've never had even a fender bender in my life, the odds
are pretty good that I'm not going to get into an accident on my
way home from the gas station.

NEWS HEADLINE: MAN DRIVES HOME FROM GAS STATION, HAS NO FENDER
BENDER!!!! FILM AT 11!!

"So, Mr. D, we are here from news team 4, following
the story of the man who drove home and didn't have
a fender bender. Would you please state for our viewing
audience what it was like to get home, and not have
your car towed?"

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2014 9:43 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 09/11/2014 01:16 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

I've heard that using gasoline in a diesel
engine does MAJOR damage. I've found that
disel in a gas engine doesn't run well at
all.

I seem to remember hearing something about a boat exploding because
someone put gasoline in a tank that should hold diesel.

One of the early episodes of Emergency!
had such an event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMUyiBhNJf8
Watch it here. One of the less noted episodes.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2014 9:47 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 09/11/2014 07:18 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Nobody smokes here.

I wish nobody smoked anywhere.

You and Dufas and myself. Man that
stuff sets off my allergies.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

gfretwell wrote, on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:02:46 -0400:

I agree. And I fill and empty a *lot* of five-gallon gas cans!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3892/1...7df1c083_b.jpg

I do them 10 at a time too.

10 is the perfect number because the fit perfectly in the trunk,
without any chance of tipping over.

The one problem with the aft cans is that the trunk presses on
those idiotically tall nozzles.

What I need, really, is just a single-piece bung-hole cap,
like this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/6HEAAOxyi3FRy397/$T2eC16h,!ygE9s7HLcLyBRy3962pQw~~60_35.JPG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/14, 4:46 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Dan Espen wrote, on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:11:15 -0400:

I'm not afraid, just pointing out that gas cans in your car is
cause for concern.

Heh heh ... look'it what I filled up today, and put in my trunk!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3892/1...7df1c083_b.jpg

I think I see now...

I closed my shop after the highway patrol got suspicious about all the
cars leaving with their rear springs sagging. I never thought of
putting a gasoline sign on the pump and doing it outdoors.

I'd love to see the look on a cop's face after he pulls you over because
your trunk is suspiciously low, and you tell him you have an enormous
lawn mower, and you open the trunk, and he finds 10 gas cans! Lets hope
he doesn't use a dipstick to probe for false bottoms!
Posted to alt.home.repair

J Burns writes:

On 9/12/14, 4:46 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Dan Espen wrote, on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:11:15 -0400:

I'm not afraid, just pointing out that gas cans in your car is
cause for concern.

Heh heh ... look'it what I filled up today, and put in my trunk!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3892/1...7df1c083_b.jpg

I think I see now...

I closed my shop after the highway patrol got suspicious about all the
cars leaving with their rear springs sagging. I never thought of
putting a gasoline sign on the pump and doing it outdoors.

I'd love to see the look on a cop's face after he pulls you over
because your trunk is suspiciously low, and you tell him you have an
enormous lawn mower, and you open the trunk, and he finds 10 gas cans!
Lets hope he doesn't use a dipstick to probe for false bottoms!

The cop might drink some suspecting moonshine.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

J Burns wrote, on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:39:25 -0400:

I'd love to see the look on a cop's face after he pulls you over because
your trunk is suspiciously low, and you tell him you have an enormous
lawn mower, and you open the trunk, and he finds 10 gas cans! Lets hope
he doesn't use a dipstick to probe for false bottoms!

I didn't snap a photo of it, but while I had 10 cans of gas in the
trunk, I had two cases of pool chlorine and one case of muriatic
acid on a towel in the back seat!

Don't kill yourself US Judges are the enemy Home Repair 0 September 24th 12 11:36 AM
Kill him Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 September 14th 08 12:58 PM
KILL ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE KILL EM ALL [email protected] Woodworking 1 July 10th 07 02:03 AM
OT - NRA would argue, "Government policies don't kill people, hurricanes kill people." Cliff Metalworking 155 September 21st 05 05:10 PM
Kill a rat Alan Strassberg Home Ownership 3 August 28th 05 04:53 PM