Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Decapitated Birds Found On Streets In Vegas Neighborhood

Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Decapitated Birds Found On Streets In Vegas Neighborhood

May 9, 2014

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) - Residents in the valley’s east side are
disgusted by what they’ve been finding in the streets.

Piles of beheaded birds are being dumped in seemingly random locations
throughout the area, reports KLAS-TV.

Helen Arciaga, a Charleston Boulevard thrift shop owner has found
several dead birds in an alley behind her store. “Oh, where did this
come from?” she asks. “Oh my good Lord it stinks.”

Street cleaner Ryan Roskins tells KLAS-TV he’s been seeing many of the
birds as he makes his rounds.

“The first time I saw it, it was a large rooster,” he said. “Everything
else is there, feet, feathers. It’s just decapitated.”

He has a theory for the increase in the gruesome finds. “I actually
think it must be voodoo,” said Roskins.

A West African priest tells the station that may not be the case. He
says people practicing the religion of Santeria or Ifa use animal
sacrifices like chickens, pigeons or goats as a means of protection or
as a way to cleanse the body.

“They might be wiping themselves with the bird, letting the blood and
then having to discard the body,” Ifa priest Duane Reece said.

He says where the bird’s body is dumped depends on what the spirit or
deity is calling out for. “Just like a first communion, just like a
baptism, all of these ways are ways humans use to communicate.”

But for business owners like Arciaga, the rituals can’t stop soon
enough. “I’m sorry for what we saw today.”

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/05...-neighborhood/
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default 79 year-old Man Beaten After Accidentally Bumping Into Car (Hyundai) InLas Vegas Grocery Store Parking Lot

I wrote:

Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Why do I even ask?

Of course there are no limits. At least not in Las Vegas.

"To have your father knocked out by someone else a lot younger
than him, I think he’s pretty humiliated"

Jesus christ. Is it always about pride you you americans? Especially
when you prove over and over again that you have none?

Your father gets nearly killed by a punk for touching his ****ing
Hyundai, and instead of cursing the punk up and down as a god-damn
coward sociopathic miscreant, your main concern is your father's pride?

What a screwed up bunch of people you are.

May 8, 2014

APPLE VALLEY (CBSLA.com) — A 79-year-old man was attacked when he
accidentally bumped into a car in a grocery store parking lot in Apple
Valley.

The incident happened Sunday at a Stater Bros. on Bear Valley Road.

According to sheriff’s officials, Alfred McOsker was unloading his
groceries into his car when his leg touched a newer Hyundai parked next
to him.

The car’s owner accused McOsker of scratching his vehicle and then
punched the older man repeatedly in the face.

The victim’s daughter, Alison Rennie, said the suspect caused her father
to fall and hit his head.

“His face is pretty scratched up and his pride is pretty marred, as
well. He ended up with two black eyes and he lost a tooth,” she said.

Store employee Cris Zulueta was the person who called 911.

“He had blood coming out of both nostrils and it was covered down his
face, dripping on the floor everywhere,” he said. “It was unbelievable
that somebody would hit a 79-year-old man. Where is the respect in the
world for people like that?”

The suspect, who left before deputies got to the scene, was described as
in his 20s, 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.

“To have your father knocked out by someone else a lot younger than him,
I think he’s pretty humiliated,” said Rennie, adding that McOsker is
sleeping all day and swaying in and out of consciousness.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/...e-parking-lot/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/11/2014 08:11 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

No...most people don't give a **** either.

You should visit our Auschwitz-style factory farms where our t-bone steaks are raised before slaughter.

We even have laws that protect the farm's brutal practices from being filmed.

Senior Member

It's art.

Some artist is chopping the heads off birds and leaving the carcasses in the streets, avenues and back lanes of Las Vegas. It's a commentary on the struggle of modern man against his feminine side. It may seem repulsive to the general public, but that's only because the public's perception of "art" needs to evolve and mature.

I much prefer Physics graduate students dressed as giant penguins cutting the heads off of stuffed animals while newsreals of the Holocause play on movie screens in the background. It speaks so much clearer to me.

Last edited by nestork : May 11th 14 at 05:33 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 5/11/2014 8:11 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Do you have a limit to your jealousy?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Meanie wrote:
On 5/11/2014 8:11 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Do you have a limit to your jealousy?

No, and he has no limit to his idiocy or nyms.
Thats what(millionaire) trolls do
chuckle

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Meanie wrote:

Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Do you have a limit to your jealousy?

Only an american would equate depravity with jealousy.

Is the truth so hard for you americans to take?

That to cope, when confronted with examples of hideous behavior - you
respond by calling the reporter jealous?

Jealous of what?

I'm jealous that your country is becoming more psychotic and
self-destructive by the day?

ChairLady wrote:

No, and he has no limit to his idiocy or nyms.

Why does my anonymity bother you so much StoolMan?

You constantly focus on that, without having a good explanation as to
why you don't post here with your true, full name, or explain why you
apparently have no problems with the vast majority of others here who
also post anonymously.

chuckle

Yes, I too chuckle over your weak mentality.
Senior Member

HomeGuy:

Can't you understand why the Americans in here get fed up with you when you're continuously criticizing their country at every available opportunity?

You make it sound like crazy and sick stuff doesn't happen in Canada, but it does, only less frequently because of the difference in national populations.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Mon, 12 May 2014 00:43:13 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Meanie wrote:
On 5/11/2014 8:11 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Do you have a limit to your jealousy?

No, and he has no limit to his idiocy or nyms.
Thats what(millionaire) trolls do
chuckle

Millionaire? Is that Monopoly play money and real estate, like
Boardwalk and Park Place
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:

Meanie wrote:
On 5/11/2014 8:11 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Do you have a limit to your jealousy?

No, and he has no limit to his idiocy or nyms.
Thats what(millionaire) trolls do
chuckle

Millionaire? Is that Monopoly play money and real estate,
like
Boardwalk and Park Place

More like Marvin gardens

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

ChairMan wrote:

No, and he has no limit to his idiocy or nyms.

Why does my anonymity bother you so much ChairMan?

This will be the only response i will give you, HOME BOI.
I have no problem with your anonymity, I don't give a ****
who you are!
The ONLY reason you morph is to avoid KF, which shows a deep
character flaw in YOU!
It is also the #1 charactristic of a TROLL, which you prove
yourself to be on a daily basis
You don't like what i post, KF me, unlike you I won't morph
to avoid it and try to get attention.
There is not one other poster here that post anonymously
that morphs daily or even in the same thread.
Clear enough for you ****WIT?
Now FOAD

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Mon, 12 May 2014 13:43:54 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

This will be the only response i will give you, HOME BOI.
I have no problem with your anonymity, I don't give a ****
who you are!
The ONLY reason you morph is to avoid KF, which shows a deep
character flaw in YOU!
It is also the #1 charactristic of a TROLL, which you prove
yourself to be on a daily basis
You don't like what i post, KF me, unlike you I won't morph
to avoid it and try to get attention.
There is not one other poster here that post anonymously
that morphs daily or even in the same thread.
Clear enough for you ****WIT?
Now FOAD

Ever notice that this fool has never answered the question from Mr.
Dufas? If he hates Americans so much, why does he come here. Why
would he be bothered, being "millionaire" and all.

He thinks he is perfect because his turds are not tapered on one end.
Thinks he can pick up a turd from either end, and still be perfect.

He tries to play the Internet Psychiatrist. He could lay down and die
and nobody would care. At least not me.
Senior Member

HomeGuy:

Why not try this:

Why not answer the household DIY questions in here to the best of your ability if you feel you have something to contribute. And, at the same time, avoid needless and pointless criticism of the United States and everything American. And, see if over the course of a month or two, the animosity between you and the Americans in here doesn't fade away.

I think that's worth a try.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 May 2014 18:03:20 +0200, nestork
wrote:

HomeGuy:

Can't you understand why the Americans in here get fed up with you when
you're continuously criticizing their country at every available
opportunity?

No he can't, Nestor.

You make it sound like crazy and sick stuff doesn't happen in Canada,
but it does, only less frequently because of the difference in national
populations.

I'm glad Canada has prisons and metal institutions. Home Guy might
come to America. We used to have dungeons to deal with the likes of
him. Now we put them in the back-behind-down-yonder. Feed 'em swill
and if lucky they get a pea and a carrot. When bored we turn them
around to face the wall - hanging from the chains.
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:

HomeGuy:
Why not try this:

Why not answer the household DIY questions in here to the best of
your ability if you feel you have something to contribute. And,
at the same time, avoid needless and pointless criticism of the
United States and everything American.

See, this is where you're wrong. americans don't have the backbone to
be critical of themselves, they're not being exposed to criticism from
any other source (least of all their own media, for fear of tanking
ratings or viewership) and they'be become too soft to take or understand
such criticism without confusing it with hate.

So don't tell me that anything beyond zero is "too much" or needless.
Maybe it is pointless - maybe they've become dumber than a sack of
hammers.

And, see if over the course of a month or two, the animosity
between you and the Americans in here doesn't fade away.

It would be nice if they got their act together and stopped dragging the
world economy into the toilet. I for one would be richer for it - but
so too would they.

I think that's worth a try.

It's awfully hard when Drudge and ZeroHedge posts a dozen stories a week
showing how broken and dysfunctional the US has become. It's like
they're not even trying.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post
See, this is where you're wrong. americans don't have the backbone to
be critical of themselves, they're not being exposed to criticism from
any other source (least of all their own media, for fear of tanking
ratings or viewership) and they'be become too soft to take or understand
such criticism without confusing it with hate.

So don't tell me that anything beyond zero is "too much" or needless.
Maybe it is pointless - maybe they've become dumber than a sack of
hammers.
No, HomeGuy, I've been critical of the US (and Canadian) media when I felt it was warranted. A few years back when the US media was telling Americans that drugs imported from Canada weren't safe, I squaked long and loud about that. Those drugs were all being made in Canada, it's just that the drugs meant for the US market had a special sticker on the packaging and a higher price tag. I told people about that on the forum I was in at the time, and in the end the truth came out when some US Senator decided to do his own investigating. He found that all of that particular kind of drug was made by the same people in the same factory in Canada, even the ones destined for sale in the USA, and the ONLY difference was that the drugs meant for sale in the USA had a special sticker on the packaging and a much higher price.

Similarily, just about a month ago when John Baird got up in our house of Commons and opened his big mouth to say that Canada wouldn't accept a referendum in Crimea because the place was crawling with Russian troops and so every Crimean would be voting to join Russia for fear of being shot. I was posting in here at the time and I was concerned that the people who hear that on the TV would actually believe it. So, I posted in here and told everyone that was a blatant lie by the Canadian government because anyone that knew anything about Ukraine would know that most people in Crimea would vote to join Russia because the WANTED to, not because they felt intimidated into doing so. That was blatent Canadian government propoganda, and I identified it as such for the benefit of both the Canadians and Americans in here.

No one in here is stupid. We can all tell a LEGITIMATE criticism (like those that I outlined above) from an attack on America just because some American somewhere does something stupid, which but for the grace of God and the laws of probability, might have equally well happened in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post
It would be nice if they got their act together and stopped dragging the
world economy into the toilet. I for one would be richer for it - but
so too would they.
Since when is the USA dragging the world economy into the toilet? It should be the Americans complaining that China is dragging the US economy into the toilet by offering cheap labour for manufacturing to American companies like Apple and others. Thank goodness that wages in China are getting to the point where it makes for better economics to manufacture those same goods in the USA.

The truth is that a rising tide raises all ships. If the American economy improves then more Americans buy things, and as often as not, those things are made in Canada, such as parts for cars being assembled in Detroit, so we benefit. Similarily, if China's economy does well, then Chinese citizens buy more stuff, and as often as not the stuff they buy is a new American car. I have some money in the TD Global Growth fund, which invests in ventures all over the world, and that fund is doing quite well because the world economy is improving. The US economy is also improving (you just have to look at the US stock market indices) as is the Canadian and European economies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post
It's awfully hard when Drudge and ZeroHedge posts a dozen stories a week
showing how broken and dysfunctional the US has become. It's like
they're not even trying.
I have no idea who Drudge and ZeroHedge are, but just because they're doing something annoying you don't have to do the same.

Last edited by nestork : May 13th 14 at 01:29 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

[...]

Of course not, who gives a **** when a diseased piece of **** dies.
Notice too, that he has not replied when i explained to him that he is the
poster child for trolls.
There is *nothing* he can say to dispute that FACT and he knows it. He
actually admitted to nestork that he is exactly that
That's why I wish that NO ONE would respond to him, but that will never
happen.
Ya feed them and they continue to be TROLLS.
Ya can't beat stupid, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with
experienceg
Home BOI at work.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Mon, 12 May 2014 19:39:15 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

[...]

Well he did admit here about stealing movies online, then tried to
justify it by saying laws don't apply to him. It has been fun to slap
him. He gets caught in lies, too.

Like a former co-worker said: "I stopped kicking the ******* (cowboy
boots), because he liked it and had an orgasm when I did." The Boss
told him to forget about it. Jim had a policy, we all agreed with.
They are like cue balls. The harder you hit them, the more English you
get out of them. Jim's nickname was "Boss Hog".

It wouldn't take many kicks to the head to make him speak in tongues,
- the "fluid vocalizing of speech-like syllables that lack any
readily" comprehension.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

nestork wrote:

It would be nice if they got their act together and stopped
dragging the world economy into the toilet. I for one would
be richer for it - but so too would they.

Since when is the USA dragging the world economy into the toilet?

Where have you been since 2008?

Do you know what Lehman Brothers is (was)?

It should be the Americans complaining that China is dragging the
US economy into the toilet by offering cheap labour for manufacturing
to American companies like Apple and others.

So you really don't understand how trade, debt and capital flows work.

China needs to keep a billion people employed. The US needs to export
it's outrageous debt. It's a symbiotic relationship that can't work
forever, and it will end badly.

The US economy is also improving (you just have to look at the
US stock market indices) as is the Canadian and European
economies.

US equities are unhinged from reality - thanks to Ben Bernanke and a
little something called "QE" - probably something you've never heard of
or even understand.

And it took a Canadian trader working at RBC in New York to figure out
that HFT existed and how it worked and how it was undermining the most
pivotal aspects of market trading in the USA.

It's awfully hard when Drudge and ZeroHedge posts a dozen stories
a week showing how broken and dysfunctional the US has become.
It's like they're not even trying.

I have no idea who Drudge and ZeroHedge are, ...

You clearly don't get out much.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post
Since when is the USA dragging the world economy into the toilet?
Where have you been since 2008?
Oh, OK, now I see where you're coming from.

Be reasonable, Homeguy, none of the Americans in here had any more to do with that than you or I did. It was the US banks offering teaser mortgages to anyone competent enough to sign on a dotted line. They'd give people a 0 percent mortgage rate for three years, after which the mortgage rate shot up to 6 or 7 percent. So, people thought they'd buy the house and just sit on it while it rose in value over those 3 years time, and then just sell it for a fat profit.

The problem was that other people thought the same thing and the prices of those houses fell instead, and people ended up owing more on a house than it was worth.

Yes, the sale of those worthless mortgages to other banks around the world shook up the global economy, but the bottom line is that the Americans that were responsible for that mortgage fiasco ARE NOT the ones in here trying to save money by do home repairs themselves. You need to be addressing your criticisms to the people at the top of those banks that knew what was happening but didn't do anything to stop it. They all live in multimillion dollar homes, so they wouldn't be spending much of their time in here.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

ChairMan wrote:

ChairMan wrote:

No, and he has no limit to his idiocy or nyms.

Why does my anonymity bother you so much ChairMan?

This will be the only response i will give you, HOME BOI.
I have no problem with your anonymity, I don't give a ****
who you are!
The ONLY reason you morph is to avoid KF, which shows a
deep
character flaw in YOU!
It is also the #1 charactristic of a TROLL, which you
prove
yourself to be on a daily basis
You don't like what i post, KF me, unlike you I won't
morph
to avoid it and try to get attention.
There is not one other poster here that post anonymously
that morphs daily or even in the same thread.
Clear enough for you ****WIT?
Now FOAD

CRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETS CRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETS
CRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETS CRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETSCRICKETS
CHUCKLE

Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:

snipped
Nestork, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but you
don't understand that you *CANNOT* reason with a TROLL.
They are ALWAYS right and you are always wrong.
They will always tke what is said and twist it into
something you never said, then chase rabbits all over the
map
The ONLY way to deal with a *TROLL* is to not respond,
period.
No matter how many nyms HOME BOI uses, his style is
unmistakable and easily recognized.
Mark it read and move on, because you know there is NOTHING
worth while in his rants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%...cs _of_trolls

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2014 19:39:15 -0500, "ChairMan"

wrote:

In ,
Oren belched:

****
[...]

The RIAA doesn't give a **** who you are, which hopefully he
will find out one day.

Like a former co-worker said: "I stopped kicking the
******* (cowboy
boots), because he liked it and had an orgasm when I did."
The Boss
told him to forget about it. Jim had a policy, we all
agreed with.
They are like cue balls. The harder you hit them, the more
English you
get out of them. Jim's nickname was "Boss Hog".

Thats Home BOI, no matter the response, he thrives on it.

It wouldn't take many kicks to the head to make him speak
in tongues,
- the "fluid vocalizing of speech-like syllables that lack
any
readily" comprehension.

I wonder how many times BOI has been kicked?
It was probably sheep that kicked him, too

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Oren wrote:

Well he did admit here about stealing movies online, then tried to
justify it by saying laws don't apply to him.

You still fail to understand the difference between uploading and
downloading.

The way the DMCA is written, you are in violation when you make
copywrited works available to others - as you do when you participate in
a torrent. When you download from a file-locker or usenet, you are
still obtaining the work in question, but you're not facilitating others
to obtain it.

Just ask ChairWoman - because he also downloads copywrited works from
usenet. Why else would he be paying for usenet access if all he does is
read and post to text groups?

It has been fun to slap him.

It gives your infantile mind so much pleasure when you think you've
"slapped" me eh?

That's nice. Give your self a pat on head for being so clever. You and
StoolMan can pat each other on the head, like Dumb and Dumber.

He gets caught in lies, too.

Which of course you will not cite.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 12, 2014 8:21:32 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
HomeGuy;3234838 Wrote:

[...]

So, to hell with free and fair elections. It's perfectly OK to have elections where all the opposition leaders have been arrested in the middle of the night, locked up in jail, beaten up, where mysterious Russian troops in uniforms with no identification march through hotels for no reason and patrol at voting locations. All that is OK, because according to you, we know the outcome.
I guess the elections in North Korea are cool too, because we know the outcome.
And the Crimea referendum was totally illegal and illigitmate regardless of the outcome. It's as legal as Michigan holding a referendum on leaving the USA and
joining Canada. It violates the US Constitution and it's totally bogus.

No one in here is stupid. We can all tell a LEGITIMATE criticism (like

those that I outlined above) from an attack on America just because some

American somewhere does something stupid, which but for the grace of God

and the laws of probability, might have equally well happened in

Canada.

I'd say that one out of two of your examples is just as nutty
and in fact similar to the nonsense that HomeLessGuy posts.
That's the best example you could come up with?
How about simply citing the crack pipe smoking, drunk fool Mayor
Rob Ford? And none of it matters anyway, because HomeLessGuy is obviously
a nut case, with serious penis envy over the USA. It's a curious
thing, how focused on the alleged defects and evil of the USA some
idiots are, while ignoring the true evil and threats to world peace.
And BTW, that true evil and threat includes Putin, who you make excuses for..

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
So, to hell with free and fair elections. It's perfectly OK to have elections where all the opposition leaders have been arrested in the middle of the night, locked up in jail, beaten up, where mysterious Russian troops in uniforms with no identification march through hotels for no reason and patrol at voting locations. All that is OK, because according to you, we know the outcome.
No, my position had nothing to do with Crimea at all. What I was objecting to was the Canadian government using the Canadian public's lack of knowledge about Ukraine to make their position sound legitimate.

The average Canadian (or American) knows nothing about Ukraine, and would believe that Russian troops there would intimidate the Crimeans into voting the way Putin wants. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. The Russian troops that arrived in Crimea were greeted by the Crimeans with flowers, food and baked goods.

What you're referring to as "mysterious Russian troops marching through hotels and patrolling voting locations" actually were there to protect the Crimeans from Anti-Russian Ukrainians. Ukraine is a country divided and there is a lot of bad blood and hatred over there. Moving Russian troops into Crimea to protect Pro-Russian Crimeans/Ukrainians was a reasonable move by Putin. If he didn't do anything to protect the Pro-Russian people in Crimea/Ukraine from Anti-Russian Ukrainians it would have raised MORE EYEBROWS and very well could have resulted in bloodshed in the streets in Crimea.

It's just that people over here in Canada (and the USA) don't know the history of Ukraine, and because there's no civil war there yet, they presume everyone in Ukraine is happy with the status quo, and that's not the case.

My point was that Crimeans would have voted to become part of Russia regardless of whether there were Russian troops in Crimea or not. John Baird (and your US government) were making it sound that they could legitimately ignore the results of the Crimean referendum because those people were voting under duress, and that was blatant propoganda. Neither the Canadian nor the American governments could think of a GOOD reason to ignore the Crimean referendum, and so they came out with that BS about the Russians intimidating the Crimeans, and for the most part, the public bought it. (Or, it seems that at least you bought it.) It's propoganda. Crimeans and Eastern Ukrainians, for the most part, would prefer to remain closely tied to Russia. It is only Western Ukraine that doesn't want anything to do with Russia, and that's mostly because of the Ukrainian "Holodomor", or mass starvation that occured in Western Ukrainian in the early 1930's under Stalin's rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

http://www.holodomorct.org/

Last edited by nestork : May 13th 14 at 08:43 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:33:52 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
trader_4;3235024 Wrote:

So, to hell with free and fair elections. It's perfectly OK to have

elections where all the opposition leaders have been arrested in the

middle of the night, locked up in jail, beaten up, where mysterious

Russian troops in uniforms with no identification march through hotels

for no reason and patrol at voting locations. All that is OK, because

according to you, we know the outcome.

No, my position had nothing to do with Crimea at all.

Good grief. Of course it had everything to do with Crimea, it
was Baird's comments that Canada would not accept the results of
the fake, phony and illegal referendum in Crimea that you objected to.

What I was

objecting to was the Canadian government using the Canadian public's

lack of knowledge about Ukraine to make their position sound

legitimate.

What? You're the only one in Canada who knows what's going on in
the Ukraine? No one else watches TV, follows the news? You have nothing
to support that Baird or anyone else was using the public's lack
of knowledge.

"when John Baird got up in our house
of Commons and opened his big mouth to say that Canada wouldn't accept a
referendum in Crimea because the place was crawling with Russian troops
and so every Crimean would be voting to join Russia for fear of being
shot. I was posting in here at the time and I was concerned that the
people who hear that on the TV would actually believe it. "

They should believe it because it's the truth. The free world
doesn't accept the validity of totally illegal elections held under the
threat of an occupying force.

The average Canadian (or American) knows nothing about Ukraine, and

would believe that Russian troops there would intimidate the Crimeans

into voting the way Putin wants. In fact, nothing could be further from

the truth. The Russian troops that arrived in Crimea were greeted by

the Crimeans with flowers, food and baked goods.

So what? That means every Ukrainian citizen living in the Crimea
concurs with and accepts that position? And if everyone agrees with
them, then why the need for tanks, secret Russian troops in unmarked
uniforms, arresting the opposition, taking over govt buildings, etc?

What you're referring to as "mysterious Russian troops marching through

hotels and patrolling voting locations" actually were there to protect

the Crimeans from Anti-Russian Ukrainians.

You've obviously bought into Putin's lies. If anyone doesn't know what
the hell is going on in the Ukraine, it's clearly you.

Ukraine is a country divided

and there is a lot of bad blood and hatred over there. Moving Russian

troops into Crimea to protect Pro-Russian Crimeans/Ukrainians was a

reasonable move by Putin.

Sure, just like Hitler went into the Sudentland to "protect" them.
You're all over the map. On the one hand, you claim there was no need
for an election, because all of Crimea wanted to join Russia. Now
you're claiming Putin had to send secret troops in unmarked uniforms
into Crimea, while also putting 50,000 troops, armored divisions on
the border, to protect the people. It's precisely the other way
around. It's the minority that opposes Putin, that had no say, was
beaten up, and that needed protection.

If he didn't do anything to protect the

Pro-Russian people in Crimea/Ukraine from Anti-Russian Ukrainians it

would have raised MORE EYEBROWS and very well could have resulted in

bloodshed in the streets in Crimea.

If so many people in Crimea love the Russians, then why do they need
protecting from the small minority? You've got it completely backward.
The pro-Russians, with the help of Putin's thugs, beat up the minority
opposition, arrested anyone in official positins opposed to them. They
sent storm troopers through hotels for Christs sake.

It's just that people over here in Canada (and the USA) don't know the

history of Ukraine, and because there's no civil war there yet, they

presume everyone in Ukraine is happy with the status quo, and that's not

the case.

The one making broad presumptions here is you. You presume people
in Canada and the USA are too stupid to follow the news. What the people
of all free countries know is that:

A - the referendum was totally illegal. Following similar logic, it's
OK for Michigan to have a fake, phony referendum to join Canada and

B - that holding such a referendum with foreign troops holding
guns on people is not a legitimate election under any circunstances.

My point was that Crimeans would have voted to become part of Russia

regardless of whether there were Russian troops in Crimea or not. John

Baird (and your US government) were making it sound that they could

legitimately ignore the results of the Crimean referendum because those

people were voting under duress, and that was blatant propoganda.

What you don't understand is that Crimea had no legal right
whatsover to hold that referendum, period. It's like Michigan holding
a referendum to leave the USA and join Canada. And to do it with
Canadian armed forces, in unmarked uniforms, inside Michigan. With the
opposition beaten up, arrested, in jail. That
is what Baird objected to. So did most of the free world.

Neither the Canadian nor the American governments could think of a GOOD

reason to ignore the Crimean referendum,

There are two very good reasons. It was totally unconstitutional and
illegal. And it was done with secret Russian forces having locked up
the opposition, monitoring polls, doing whatever they please. Is that
the way you conduct elections in Canada?

and so they came out with that

BS about the Russians intimidating the Crimeans, and for the most part,

the public bought it.

It's not intimidating when you beat up and arrest political opponents?
When you take over govt buildings, burn Ukranaina flags? When Russia
sends troops into a sovereign country that they are at peace with?
Oh and to top it all off, the Russians specifically guaranteed the
sovereignty of *all* of the Ukraine back in the 90s. They signed a
treaty backed up by 160 countries of the world, with the USA and UK,
the designated countries, signing on those other countries behalf.
How about that
part of Ukranian history? The Ukranine was the 3rd largets nuclear
force in the world and they gave up those nuclear arms in that treaty
that guaranteed the sovereignty of the Ukraine. So, there;s that
history. Do you think Putin would have done what he did if Ukraine
still had nukes? And what message does what Putin just did send to
Iran, North Korea or any other nuclear power, where the world is trying
to get them to comply? I'll tell, you what message it sends. You
better keep the nukes, because the treay is worthless. Putin has taken
us straight back to the Cold War. It's just that some people don't
realize it yet.

(Or, it seems that at least you bought it.) It's

propoganda. Crimeans and Eastern Ukrainians, for the most part, would

prefer to remain closely tied to Russia.

So, what? That in no way justifies what Putin did, any more than
it justified Hitler taking the Sudetenland.

It is only Western Ukraine

that doesn't want anything to do with Russia, and that's mostly because

of the Ukrainian "Holodomor", or mass starvation that occured in Western

Ukrainian in the early 1930's under Stalin's rule.

Sure everyone else just loves the thug Vladimir. Maybe Quebec should
hold a referendum with Russian tanks at the polls and decide to join
Russia too.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

"HomeGuy" Home@Guy.com wrote in message
[...]

Wacky! And here we have this!

http://www.oneshoediaries.com/blog/f...-washington-2/

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Tue, 13 May 2014 14:50:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Wacky! And here we have this!

I curious if the 90 ton dead whale on the Canadian shore exploded yet.
--
'bout to show me a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks with the critters - Brantley Gilbert
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
I curious if the 90 ton dead whale on the Canadian shore exploded yet.
No, it's not going to explode. Whales die all the time and their bodies (if inflated with methane gas from decomposition) wash up on shore. If the whale is far out at sea, after the methane gas escapes from the carcass, it sinks to the sea floor where it provides nutrition for all the scavengers in the ocean that feed on dead fish (which also sink after they die). A whale like that would provide a lot of food for scavengers for months or even years.

Apparantly, the whale is going to be cut up and it's skeleton sent to a museum in Ontario. Messy and smelly work though it would be.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
They should believe it because it's the truth. The free world
doesn't accept the validity of totally illegal elections held under the
threat of an occupying force.
If that's what you're being told, then you're being lied to.

But, you're an adult and you can believe what/whom you like.

The referendum is probably illegal, but if 90 percent of the people of Crimea want to separate from Ukraine and join Russia, then keeping the Crimea in Ukraine against their will serves no one's best interest. Most Western Ukrainians want Ukraine to stay together and to remain a separate country, but if it's gonna split, they'd prefer to split and western Ukraine become part of the European Union. Most Eastern Ukrainians would prefer to live in a Ukraine that was unified, but if it's gonna split, they'd prefer to retain closer ties with Russia. In the 1960's, Kruschev, on a visit to Kiev, basically gave the Crimea to Ukraine. Prior to that it was part of Russia. The Soviet Union has always maintained a large navy in the Crimea, and very many of the families that live there today are descended from Russians that moved there as part of their naval careers. So, Crimea has always had a strong Pro-Russian sentiment and any referendum there would naturally say that Crimea would prefer to leave Ukraine and join Russia. The fact that people there overwhelmingly voted that way DOES NOT mean they voted under duress.

Last edited by nestork : May 14th 14 at 02:33 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 May 2014 03:14:52 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3235253']
I curious if the 90 ton dead whale on the Canadian shore exploded yet.

No, it's not going to explode. Whales die all the time and their bodies
(if inflated with methane gas from decomposition) wash up on shore. If
the whale is far out at sea, after the methane gas escapes from the
carcass, it sinks to the sea floor where it provides nutrition for all
the scavengers in the ocean that feed on dead fish (which also sink
after they die). A whale like that would provide a lot of food for
scavengers for months or even years.

Apparantly, the whale is going to be cut up and it's skeleton sent to a
museum in Ontario. Messy and smelly work though it would be.

Who will be the lucky person to make the first puncture in a 90 ton
bloated whale? I think they once used explosives in California. Whale
stuff landed everywhere, except in Detroit. I think.

'possums climb into dead cows through the rectum and eat from the
inside out. Poke a hole in the cow and they run out. Stand back...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:30:17 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
trader_4;3235160 Wrote:

They should believe it because it's the truth. The free world

doesn't accept the validity of totally illegal elections held under the

threat of an occupying force.

If that's what you're being told, then you're being lied to.

What on earth are you talking about now? Who's lying about what?
Most of the civilized world has rejected the fake, phony, illegal
referendum staged in the Ukraine. Among those countries are the
USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France. And NATO, speaking for all the
NATO countries, has expressed their disapproval of what Putin is
doing. NATO has responded by increasing their joint activities with
the NATO countries in the rest of Eastern Europe. That's about as
strong a message of united disapproval as you can get about
anything.

But, you're an adult and you can believe what/whom you like.

You haven't cited a damn thing here that's a lie. All you're bitching
about is that Baird is "lying", because like the countries above, he
rejects illegal, fake referendums done under the gun.

The referendum is probably illegal,

Probably?

but if 90 percent of the people of

Crimea want to separate from Ukraine and join Russia, then keeping the

Crimea in Ukraine against their will serves no one's best interest.

That may be true. But there are other ways of achieving that goal, other
than Russian force, illegal referendums, etc. It's funny that you reject
Canadians as stupid, uninformed, manipulated, while accepting as gospel
those fomenting trouble in Eastern Ukraine. What do you think the education
level of those people who want to join Russia is? And as for a 90% vote,
that's about what the separatist's got with the opposition leaders arrested,
beaten up, legitimately elected Crimean officials in jail, unmarked Russian troops in Crimea, etc. So, clearly the true number is no where near 90%.

Most Western Ukrainians want Ukraine to stay together and to remain a

separate country, but if it's gonna split, they'd prefer to split and

western Ukraine become part of the European Union. Most Eastern

Ukrainians would prefer to live in a Ukraine that was unified,

Now you've really gone off the rails. If that's the case, then what
are you bitching about? They just held another fake, phony, illegal
referendum in Eastern Ukraine under the same circumstances as what was
done in Crimea. And they say the outcome of that vote was that they
want to join Russia too.

but if

it's gonna split, they'd prefer to retain closer ties with Russia. In

the 1960's, Kruschev, on a visit to Kiev, basically gave the Crimea to

Ukraine. Prior to that it was part of Russia. The Soviet Union has

always maintained a large navy in the Crimea, and very many of the

families that live there today are descended from Russians that moved

there as part of their naval careers. So, Crimea has always had a

strong Pro-Russian sentiment and any referendum there would naturally

say that Crimea would prefer to leave Ukraine and join Russia. The fact

that people there overwhelmingly voted that way DOES NOT mean they voted

under duress.

No, what means they voted under duress were that Russian armored divisions
totaling 50,000 were massed on the border, Russian special forces in unmarked
uniforms were in Crimea, all the elected officials opposed were arrested and
put in jail, opposition leaders/protesters were openly beaten up. That's
what makes it under duress.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 May 2014 06:47:08 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

No, what means they voted under duress were that Russian armored divisions
totaling 50,000 were massed on the border, Russian special forces in unmarked
uniforms were in Crimea, all the elected officials opposed were arrested and
put in jail, opposition leaders/protesters were openly beaten up. That's
what makes it under duress.

This whole thing was a strategic plan of Putin. He violated
international agreements, that even he signed. He wanted complete
control of Crimea. He wants Eastern Ukraine, because the is were most
of the wealth is located. He can control the grain trade, control the
pipe lines there that cross from Russia to ensure his financial
interest and hold Europe hostage to gas and oil. Most of Ukraine's GDP
comes from the eastern part of the country. This is where most of the
factories are located.

He sent special forces in with unmarked uniforms so it would appear
this was internal conflict and not his aggression. He wants to
control as much wealth there as possible. Those troops without
military insignia are not covered under the Geneva Conventions (think
Taliban / Al-Qaeda) should have been shot immediately by Ukraine
forces.

Putin knows what he is doing and is playing from his KGB playbook.