Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Decapitated Birds Found On Streets In Vegas Neighborhood

On Monday, May 12, 2014 8:21:32 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
HomeGuy;3234838 Wrote:

See, this is where you're wrong. americans don't have the backbone to

be critical of themselves, they're not being exposed to criticism from

any other source (least of all their own media, for fear of tanking

ratings or viewership) and they'be become too soft to take or

understand

such criticism without confusing it with hate.

So don't tell me that anything beyond zero is "too much" or needless.

Maybe it is pointless - maybe they've become dumber than a sack of

hammers.

No, HomeGuy, I've been critical of the US (and Canadian) media when I

felt it was warranted. A few years back when the US media was telling

Americans that drugs imported from Canada weren't safe, I squaked long

and loud about that. Those drugs were all being made in Canada, it's

just that the drugs meant for the US market had a special sticker on the

packaging and a higher price tag. I told people about that on the forum

I was in at the time, and in the end the truth came out when some US

Senator decided to do his own investigating. He found that all of that

particular kind of drug was made by the same people in the same factory

in Canada, even the ones destined for sale in the USA, and the ONLY

difference was that the drugs meant for sale in the USA had a special

sticker on the packaging and a much higher price.

Similarily, just about a month ago when John Baird got up in our house

of Commons and opened his big mouth to say that Canada wouldn't accept a

referendum in Crimea because the place was crawling with Russian troops

and so every Crimean would be voting to join Russia for fear of being

shot. I was posting in here at the time and I was concerned that the

people who hear that on the TV would actually believe it. So, I posted

in here and told everyone that was a blatant lie by the Canadian

government because anyone that knew anything about Ukraine would know

that most people in Crimea would vote to join Russia because the WANTED

to, not because they felt intimidated into doing so. That was blatent

Canadian government propoganda, and I identified it as such for the

benefit of both the Canadians and Americans in here.

So, to hell with free and fair elections. It's perfectly OK to have elections where all the opposition leaders have been arrested in the middle of the night, locked up in jail, beaten up, where mysterious Russian troops in uniforms with no identification march through hotels for no reason and patrol at voting locations. All that is OK, because according to you, we know the outcome.
I guess the elections in North Korea are cool too, because we know the outcome.
And the Crimea referendum was totally illegal and illigitmate regardless of the outcome. It's as legal as Michigan holding a referendum on leaving the USA and
joining Canada. It violates the US Constitution and it's totally bogus.

No one in here is stupid. We can all tell a LEGITIMATE criticism (like

those that I outlined above) from an attack on America just because some

American somewhere does something stupid, which but for the grace of God

and the laws of probability, might have equally well happened in

Canada.

I'd say that one out of two of your examples is just as nutty
and in fact similar to the nonsense that HomeLessGuy posts.
That's the best example you could come up with?
How about simply citing the crack pipe smoking, drunk fool Mayor
Rob Ford? And none of it matters anyway, because HomeLessGuy is obviously
a nut case, with serious penis envy over the USA. It's a curious
thing, how focused on the alleged defects and evil of the USA some
idiots are, while ignoring the true evil and threats to world peace.
And BTW, that true evil and threat includes Putin, who you make excuses for..