Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
HomeGuy HomeGuy is offline

Default Decapitated Birds Found On Streets In Vegas Neighborhood

Do you americans have any limits to your depravity?

Decapitated Birds Found On Streets In Vegas Neighborhood

May 9, 2014

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) - Residents in the valley’s east side are
disgusted by what they’ve been finding in the streets.

Piles of beheaded birds are being dumped in seemingly random locations
throughout the area, reports KLAS-TV.

Helen Arciaga, a Charleston Boulevard thrift shop owner has found
several dead birds in an alley behind her store. “Oh, where did this
come from?” she asks. “Oh my good Lord it stinks.”

Street cleaner Ryan Roskins tells KLAS-TV he’s been seeing many of the
birds as he makes his rounds.

“The first time I saw it, it was a large rooster,” he said. “Everything
else is there, feet, feathers. It’s just decapitated.”

He has a theory for the increase in the gruesome finds. “I actually
think it must be voodoo,” said Roskins.

A West African priest tells the station that may not be the case. He
says people practicing the religion of Santeria or Ifa use animal
sacrifices like chickens, pigeons or goats as a means of protection or
as a way to cleanse the body.

“They might be wiping themselves with the bird, letting the blood and
then having to discard the body,” Ifa priest Duane Reece said.

He says where the bird’s body is dumped depends on what the spirit or
deity is calling out for. “Just like a first communion, just like a
baptism, all of these ways are ways humans use to communicate.”

But for business owners like Arciaga, the rituals can’t stop soon
enough. “I’m sorry for what we saw today.”

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/05...-neighborhood/