Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NASA spinoff

Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and other repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and just thrilling.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs,

Used to read TechBriefs. It was not uncommon for someone to claim to have
invented something that had been in common use for a long time. I take
NASA's claims with a grain of salt.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:
Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and other repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and just thrilling.

HB

Hi,
Space program is not just waste of money. Many trickle down
technology(industry). My high school buddy has a patent on special
electrical cables which don't break or crack in extreme temperatures.
He is one of designated supplier by NASA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and other repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and just thrilling.

HB

What do they have to say about O-rings?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 20:32:39 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

What do they have to say about O-rings?

It gets cold in Florida?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What do they have to say about O-rings?

It gets cold in Florida?

Do either of you actually know the story about that failure ? I do , I
worked on that booster system , in several capacities . A good friend was
still employed there I had already moved to Tn. and I got the real skinny
the day after the crash . And yes , a chilled o-ring caused the failure ,
but Floriduh just doesn't get that cold - unless there's a liquid hydrogen
line leak spraying .
Back story to the whole episode is that the Thiokol engineers told 'em not
to launch , politics overruled and people died . Pretty much like
politicians everywhere . It's easy to spill blood when it ain't your own .
--
Snag
out in

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tekkie(R) wrote:

Higgs Boson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and other
repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and just
thrilling.

HB

What do they have to say about O-rings?

that the private sector always does it better
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What do they have to say about O-rings?

It gets cold in Florida?

Do either of you actually know the story about that failure ? I do , I

worked on that booster system , in several capacities . A good friend was

still employed there I had already moved to Tn. and I got the real skinny

the day after the crash . And yes , a chilled o-ring caused the failure ,

but Floriduh just doesn't get that cold - unless there's a liquid hydrogen

line leak spraying .

Back story to the whole episode is that the Thiokol engineers told 'em not

to launch , politics overruled and people died . Pretty much like

politicians everywhere . It's easy to spill blood when it ain't your own ..

I will NEVER forget watching on TV as the late, much-lamented Richard Feynman -- one of the authentic geniuses of this or any era -- did his thing with the glass of ice water and the O-rings immersed therein. While all the stuffed shirts who had been dicking around for weeks in the so-called "investigation" looked on, Feynman said -- masterpiece of understatement - I almost remember the exact words, modestly spoken: "I think this may have some relevance to our investigation.."

He had gotten up early in the morning and found a hardware ? store open to buy the needed supplies for his demonstration.

Whatta guy! They still tell tales at Caltech about how somebody would put a problem on the board; the other physicists would be going through the routine steps; Feynmna would just stand there. Suddenly he would write the correct answer on the board while the others were still plowing through their steps. If I were a religious person, I'd say he was in touch with the "divine". Whatever...things just came to him via a different path...

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tekkie(R) wrote:

Higgs Boson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and other
repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and just
thrilling.

HB

What do they have to say about O-rings?

that the private sector always does it better

But, but, the private sector is run by the evil rich one percenters! o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 11:24 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:

IMO everything he's done is part of his agenda to destroy the USA . And
there is no media outrage because they're part of it though there are signs
that some are awakening to what is really going on . I just hope it doesn't
come to armed conflict before it's all over ... but I'm afraid it may come
to that .
--
Snag

The original colonists revolted account of
oppressive government. Back then, far less
than we have, now. I'm amazed the subjects
of USA have put up with so much, in the last
few years.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yea, there's a new SciFi movie coming
out called "Space Virgins". ^_^

TDD

That's the only place you can find people
who haven't been screwed over by govt?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

In article ,
Tekkie(R) wrote:

Higgs Boson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and
other
repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and
just
thrilling.

HB

What do they have to say about O-rings?

that the private sector always does it better

But, but, the private sector is run by the evil rich one percenters! o_O

TDD

that's racist
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

In article ,
Tekkie(R) wrote:

Higgs Boson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and
other
repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and
just
thrilling.

HB

What do they have to say about O-rings?

that the private sector always does it better

But, but, the private sector is run by the evil rich one percenters! o_O

TDD

that's racist

Kill Whitey! ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
but good old private companies are going to take up the slack,
aren't they? SpaceX comes to mind also Virgin

Yea, there's a new SciFi movie coming out called "Space Virgins". ^_^

And the sequel, SpaceXVirgins

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 3:59 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Fellow space freaks and other technology buffs might enjoy a visit to

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/

to see how many practical applications, including those for house and other repairs have come out of the space program and keep coming.

I get the NASA feed by email, so keep up on space news, practical and just thrilling.

HB

I thought this historic program
had a lot of merit. Sad that the
gentlemen back then didn't get any
press. Well, not until now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H8TJv0C58Q

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 07:25:40 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 4/29/2014 11:24 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:

IMO everything he's done is part of his agenda to destroy the USA . And
there is no media outrage because they're part of it though there are signs
that some are awakening to what is really going on . I just hope it doesn't
come to armed conflict before it's all over ... but I'm afraid it may come
to that .
--
Snag

The original colonists revolted account of
oppressive government. Back then, far less
than we have, now. I'm amazed the subjects
of USA have put up with so much, in the last
few years.

You do know we still pay taxes to pay off the cost of the Civil War,
right? You can't make Moonshine without government taxes and details
of every ingredient used.

Yet, you can get a state AND federal permit to make "fuel" (ethanol)
if you get my drift

You can't own a still unless you are making "fuel".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 18:42:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I thought this historic program
had a lot of merit. Sad that the
gentlemen back then didn't get any
press. Well, not until now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H8TJv0C58Q

"Blackstranauts" too damn funny.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2014 5:21 PM, Bob F wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
but good old private companies are going to take up the slack,
aren't they? SpaceX comes to mind also Virgin

Yea, there's a new SciFi movie coming out called "Space Virgins".
^_^

And the sequel, SpaceXVirgins

No, no, no, It's Space Virgins the XXX director's cut. ^_^

TDD
Senior Member

Any time that money is invested in research there are benefits. With NASA, the most obvious spinoff is cordless power tools.

But, just consider all of the technological spin offs of the Second World War:
1. radar and sonar
2. the jet engine for aircraft
3. rockets and rocketry
4. nuclear reactors and nuclear propulsion for ships
5. Plastic Laminates (like Formica)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/29/2014 11:24 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:

IMO everything he's done is part of his agenda to destroy the USA . And
there is no media outrage because they're part of it though there are signs
that some are awakening to what is really going on . I just hope it doesn't
come to armed conflict before it's all over ... but I'm afraid it may come
to that .
--
Snag

The original colonists revolted account of
oppressive government. Back then, far less
than we have, now. I'm amazed the subjects
of USA have put up with so much, in the last
few years.

You do know we still pay taxes to pay off the cost of the Civil War,

bull****

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_t...utionary_war_d
ebt_off#slide=1

right? You can't make Moonshine without government taxes and details
of every ingredient used.

Yet, you can get a state AND federal permit to make "fuel" (ethanol)
if you get my drift

which has to be denatured...usually with the addition of a small amount
of gasoline

You can't own a still unless you are making "fuel".

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I thought this historic program
had a lot of merit. Sad that the
gentlemen back then didn't get any
press. Well, not until now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H8TJv0C58Q

"Blackstranauts" too damn funny.

I loved how they got a Buick deuce and
a quarter to the moon.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 01 May 2014 12:52:22 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H8TJv0C58Q

"Blackstranauts" too damn funny.

I loved how they got a Buick deuce and
a quarter to the moon.

_Alan Jackson - Buicks To the Moon_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfrhFepnM-0
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

What do they have to say about O-rings?

It gets cold in Florida?

Do either of you actually know the story about that failure ? I do , I
worked on that booster system , in several capacities . A good friend was
still employed there I had already moved to Tn. and I got the real skinny
the day after the crash . And yes , a chilled o-ring caused the failure ,
but Floriduh just doesn't get that cold - unless there's a liquid hydrogen
line leak spraying .
Back story to the whole episode is that the Thiokol engineers told 'em not
to launch , politics overruled and people died . Pretty much like
politicians everywhere . It's easy to spill blood when it ain't your own
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 6:45 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I try to consume one virgin a week. It helps with flexibility. ^_^

Wouldn't a space gymnast be better. Maybe she could tie you into
knots and then you would be a space knot!

I've had some girlfriends who were ballerinas but they walk funny. I
knew one cute gal who could scratch her nose with her big toe. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 7:10 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:30:01 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Any time that money is invested in research there are benefits. With
NASA, the most obvious spinoff is cordless power tools.

But, just consider all of the technological spin offs of the Second
World War:
1. radar and sonar
2. the jet engine for aircraft
3. rockets and rocketry
4. nuclear reactors and nuclear propulsion for ships
5. Plastic Laminates (like Formica)

The most obvious spin off is that America left transport vehicles on
the surface. None have rusted yet! - I think.

A guy in congress thinks that Guam will tilt over in the ocean and
collapse. He was worried about troops landing on the island.

Well, the ultimate consequence of Affirmative Action is in The White
House now and those who pay attention to the damage done and being done
to The United States are horrified about it and frustrated that it seems
nothing can be done to stop the destruction. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I thought affirmative action was the reason shrub got into Harvard
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 5/1/2014 6:45 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I try to consume one virgin a week. It helps with flexibility. ^_^

Wouldn't a space gymnast be better. Maybe she could tie you into
knots and then you would be a space knot!

I've had some girlfriends who were ballerinas but they walk funny. I
knew one cute gal who could scratch her nose with her big toe. ^_^

TDD

was she a labrador or a manx?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 5/1/2014 6:45 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I try to consume one virgin a week. It helps with flexibility. ^_^

Wouldn't a space gymnast be better. Maybe she could tie you into
knots and then you would be a space knot!

I've had some girlfriends who were ballerinas but they walk funny. I
knew one cute gal who could scratch her nose with her big toe. ^_^

TDD

was she a labrador or a manx?

No, they were human dancers but my Rotthuahua, Sandy, can lick her butt
when she's not chasing squirrels. She's actually a Red Deer Head
Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler but at 11 pounds, the only part
of your body she could chew on, would be your pinky toe. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes they did. I'm going to play the part of an Islamic Space
Terrorist who blows up a space station believing he will go Space
Paradise and get to bugger 72 space virgins. ^_^

TDD

that would have been type casting

I try to consume one virgin a week. It helps with flexibility. ^_^

TDD

Not to pop your eyes, but here is one virgin
olive oyl for you:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs50/i/20...en20012003.jpg

Low cholesterol, and rather heart healthy.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Affirmative Action is only for female and minority shrubs. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 5/1/2014 6:45 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I try to consume one virgin a week. It helps with flexibility. ^_^

Wouldn't a space gymnast be better. Maybe she could tie you into
knots and then you would be a space knot!

I've had some girlfriends who were ballerinas but they walk funny. I
knew one cute gal who could scratch her nose with her big toe. ^_^

TDD

was she a labrador or a manx?

No, they were human dancers but my Rotthuahua, Sandy, can lick her butt
when she's not chasing squirrels. She's actually a Red Deer Head
Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler but at 11 pounds, the only part
of your body she could chew on, would be your pinky toe. ^_^

TDD

I didn't know you frequented canine strip clubs
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

so the shrub is a transsexual? cool
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 5/1/2014 6:45 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I try to consume one virgin a week. It helps with flexibility. ^_^

Wouldn't a space gymnast be better. Maybe she could tie you into
knots and then you would be a space knot!

I've had some girlfriends who were ballerinas but they walk funny. I
knew one cute gal who could scratch her nose with her big toe. ^_^

TDD

was she a labrador or a manx?

No, they were human dancers but my Rotthuahua, Sandy, can lick her butt
when she's not chasing squirrels. She's actually a Red Deer Head
Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler but at 11 pounds, the only part
of your body she could chew on, would be your pinky toe. ^_^

TDD

I didn't know you frequented canine strip clubs

You should see Sandy stretch, it's like watching one of those gals in
the leotards exercising to music. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Where do you take your transsexual to get it serviced? Do you take it to
the dealer or to AAMCO? ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

No, they were human dancers but my Rotthuahua, Sandy, can lick her butt
when she's not chasing squirrels. She's actually a Red Deer Head
Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler but at 11 pounds, the only part
of your body she could chew on, would be your pinky toe. ^_^

TDD

I didn't know you frequented canine strip clubs

You should see Sandy stretch, it's like watching one of those gals in
the leotards exercising to music. ^_^

TDD

I wonder if they have spinal problems in
later life, and live on ibuprophen?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NASA spinoff -- AAMCO, now.

Affirmative Action is only for female and minority shrubs. ^_^

TDD

so the shrub is a transsexual? cool

Where do you take your transsexual to get
it serviced? Do you take it to
the dealer or to AAMCO? ^_^

TDD

One time I took my transsexual to AAMCO (beep
beep) cause it wasn't getting it up to third.
They said it was probably a simple band
adjustment, but I got screwed.

About the time I was leaving the parking lot,
guy came by in a Trans Am and blew off my
Transsexual. Ate his dust, pardner.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2014 6:03 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
No, they were human dancers but my Rotthuahua, Sandy, can lick
her butt when she's not chasing squirrels. She's actually a
Red Deer Head Chihuahua who thinks she's a Rottweiler but at
11 pounds, the only part of your body she could chew on, would
be your pinky toe. ^_^

TDD

I didn't know you frequented canine strip clubs

You should see Sandy stretch, it's like watching one of those gals
in the leotards exercising to music. ^_^

TDD

I wonder if they have spinal problems in later life, and live on
ibuprophen?

I'm taking Sandy to the dogspital twice a week to see the dogtor to get
her skin healed. Her fur has come back in a great deal and it looks
like her tail will be the last place to regrow fur. It still looks like
a rat tail hence the nickname, "Barking Rat". We're on the same
medication schedule and she's gotten a lot friskier and much more active
as her health returns. When she sees me put on my baseball cap, she know
I'm going someplace and she wants to come along for the ride. Sandy
starts jumping up and down and having a "wiggle fit". When I go to the
pharmacy today, it will be her second trip there and she'll smell the
owner's dog on everything plus have fun exploring all the new odors. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NASA spinoff, butt what?

I'm taking Sandy to the dogspital twice a week to see the dogtor to get
her skin healed. Her fur has come back in a great deal and it looks
like her tail will be the last place to regrow fur. It still looks like
a rat tail hence the nickname, "Barking Rat". We're on the same
medication schedule and she's gotten a lot friskier and much more active
as her health returns. When she sees me put on my baseball cap, she know
I'm going someplace and she wants to come along for the ride. Sandy
starts jumping up and down and having a "wiggle fit". When I go to the
pharmacy today, it will be her second trip there and she'll smell the
owner's dog on everything plus have fun exploring all the new odors. ^_^

TDD

Nice that she get some doggie social life.
Wish I could get out and sniff butt more
often, life gets boring, living alone.
I have a feeling that I should go back and
read what I write, before clicking send.
Why do I have that distinct impression?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

why it goes to your local whorehouse...so keep your children home