Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default NASA spinoff

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 21:14:59 -0500, "Snag's Shop"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 20:32:39 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

What do they have to say about O-rings?

It gets cold in Florida?

Do either of you actually know the story about that failure ? I do , I
worked on that booster system , in several capacities . A good friend was
still employed there I had already moved to Tn. and I got the real skinny
the day after the crash . And yes , a chilled o-ring caused the failure ,
but Floriduh just doesn't get that cold - unless there's a liquid hydrogen
line leak spraying .
Back story to the whole episode is that the Thiokol engineers told 'em not
to launch , politics overruled and people died . Pretty much like
politicians everywhere . It's easy to spill blood when it ain't your own