Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goal 100%

My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

Few suggested tips:

Remove sleep mode from any computers.
Leave a light on in the kitchen all night (Bonus: ****es off the roaches!)
Ban those damn rotini light bulbs in the house.

Just lookin' out for ya,
Red...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

Your house is obviously too cold, too dark, too quiet.

Slacker.
Senior Member

...and leave your TV set on even when no one's watching it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Good for you Ed. The less you use, the more there is for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Good for you Ed. The less you use, the more there is for me.

Whoosh!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2014 6:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do.
While you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

Al Gore and the other celebrity enviro whack jobs could instruct you how
to make a giant carbon butt print. Their huge homes and private jets,
they use to go to world conferences where they demand that other
Earthlings use windmills, solar cells and impractical electrical
vehicles for travel, certainly use more energy than hundreds of normal,
sane citizens. You could also seek energy saver aversion therapy where
you get and electric shock whenever you turn something off. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed,

My goal is to achieve 100%

They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area.

You have a long way to go.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2014 6:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They

company my us to other homes

I'm guessing that you typed this on your phone, and that auto-correct
struck again.

of the same size and type in the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

That's probably what the utility is hoping you'll do, hence the
notification.

Your money, your choice of how you want to spend it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

Hi,
I wish my utility co. provides some thing like that. R2000 spec. hose,
hi efficiency furnace, AC, most lighting is LED, 1.5Kw solar array on
the roof, of all that, we use too much water even tho small yard is
irrigated. One reason is IMO, we always take bath, seldom take showers.
Next is reducing garbage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/28/2014 06:37 PM, Red Green wrote:

[snip]

Few suggested tips:

Remove sleep mode from any computers.
Leave a light on in the kitchen all night (Bonus: ****es off the roaches!)
Ban those damn rotini light bulbs in the house.

Just lookin' out for ya,
Red...

Set A/C thermostat to 60F or lower. If that's too cold, use space heaters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/28/2014 06:37 PM, Red Green wrote:

[snip]

Ban those damn rotini light bulbs in the house.

Especially in the summer, when you pay twice.

Just lookin' out for ya,
Red...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything
we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment
and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company.
They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in
the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most
efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting
for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

We're all behind ya, Ed. We *know* ya can do it!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goal 100% or MORE!

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

Contact Al Gore. He can give you tips that make 200% a baseline and strive
for even more!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goal 100% even more...

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

You could also seek energy saver aversion therapy where
you get and electric shock whenever you turn something off. ^_^

I hadn't read this when I posted. But this and the other postings show how
creative people are. Does the energy saver aversion therapy help with sleep
apnea? A probe in every nose... Blinking bright lights (not strobes) and a
loud 25 hp siren to wake one up should do it.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 6:45 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

You could also seek energy saver aversion therapy where you get and
electric shock whenever you turn something off. ^_^

I hadn't read this when I posted. But this and the other postings
show how creative people are. Does the energy saver aversion therapy
help with sleep apnea? A probe in every nose... Blinking bright
lights (not strobes) and a loud 25 hp siren to wake one up should do
it.

Years ago, I knew a fellow who was such a heavy sleeper that he took a
plug in light timer and hooked a 12 inch 120 volt fire alarm bell to it
and would set the timer to set off the bell whenever he needed to get
up. Of course he may have awakened half the neighborhood too. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 12:07 PM, sam E wrote:
On 04/28/2014 06:37 PM, Red Green wrote:

[snip]

Ban those damn rotini light bulbs in the house.

Especially in the summer, when you pay twice.

Just lookin' out for ya, Red...

Back in the 1970's during the winter months when there was the oil
embargo and scarcity of energy, the federal government ordered that the
thermostats in all federal buildings be set to 68 degrees F. The federal
employees in Hawaii had to wear sweaters to work. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 12:25 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

we use too much water even tho small yard is
irrigated. One reason is IMO, we always take bath, seldom take showers.

Not sure you are saving. Many showers are rated at 2.5 gpm. A five
minute shower uses a little over 12 gallons. What do you use to fill
the tub? They usually have about a 42 gallon capacity so if you fill it
half way you are using more than a shower.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/29/2014 12:25 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

we use too much water even tho small yard is
irrigated. One reason is IMO, we always take bath, seldom take showers.

Not sure you are saving. Many showers are rated at 2.5 gpm. A five
minute shower uses a little over 12 gallons. What do you use to fill
the tub? They usually have about a 42 gallon capacity so if you fill it
half way you are using more than a shower.

Hi,
Regular tub or Jacuzzi, and dry Sauna some times.
They are raising power rate almost 50% this summer I still
have little more than 3 years left on fixed rate. gasoline
price jumped as well. Every thing is going up....only way is up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 20:28:53 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Years ago, I knew a fellow who was such a heavy sleeper that he took a
plug in light timer and hooked a 12 inch 120 volt fire alarm bell to it
and would set the timer to set off the bell whenever he needed to get
up. Of course he may have awakened half the neighborhood too. ^_^

It was late one night, I was tired and added a few lines to a very
large batch file to call the phone on my bedside stand. ****ed me off
the first couple of times when I said "Hello" and not getting a reply
from my computer calling me to wake me up

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Years ago, I knew a fellow who was such a heavy sleeper that he took a
plug in light timer and hooked a 12 inch 120 volt fire alarm bell to it
and would set the timer to set off the bell whenever he needed to get
up. Of course he may have awakened half the neighborhood too. ^_^

It was late one night, I was tired and added a few lines to a very
large batch file to call the phone on my bedside stand. ****ed me off
the first couple of times when I said "Hello" and not getting a reply
from my computer calling me to wake me up

Hi,
I am such a neavy sleeper eeven at this age I sleep like rock.
In the service I even dozed off marching during field maneuvers.
When time for rest, every one halts but when I bump into a guy
in front of me I woke up. Sleeping well is good health benefit
they say.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Years ago, I knew a fellow who was such a heavy sleeper that he
took a plug in light timer and hooked a 12 inch 120 volt fire
alarm bell to it and would set the timer to set off the bell
whenever he needed to get up. Of course he may have awakened half
the neighborhood too. ^_^

It was late one night, I was tired and added a few lines to a very
large batch file to call the phone on my bedside stand. ****ed me
off the first couple of times when I said "Hello" and not getting a
reply from my computer calling me to wake me up

Hi, I am such a neavy sleeper eeven at this age I sleep like rock. In
the service I even dozed off marching during field maneuvers. When
time for rest, every one halts but when I bump into a guy in front of
me I woke up. Sleeping well is good health benefit they say.

I only sleep two hours at a time until Mr.Bladder wakes me. It's no
little tinkle it's 500cc/16oz due to medication and my favorite rocket
fuel, Diet Dew. The caffeine doesn't make any difference in sleep but it
does augment the efficacy of pain medications. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 10:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/29/2014 12:25 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

we use too much water even tho small yard is
irrigated. One reason is IMO, we always take bath, seldom take showers.

Not sure you are saving. Many showers are rated at 2.5 gpm. A five
minute shower uses a little over 12 gallons. What do you use to fill
the tub? They usually have about a 42 gallon capacity so if you fill it
half way you are using more than a shower.

Dad mentioned to me one time, that during the
war (probably WWII) there was a push to conserve
everything for our fighting boys. Someone
noticed showers, all the water going down the
drain, and suggested people take baths. And so
they did. However, tub baths take a LOT more
water. If you want empirical evidence of this,
take a shower with the bath tub drain closed,
and see how much water a shower really uses.
Less than a sit down bath, for sure.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Years ago, I knew a fellow who was such a heavy sleeper that he took a
plug in light timer and hooked a 12 inch 120 volt fire alarm bell to it
and would set the timer to set off the bell whenever he needed to get
up. Of course he may have awakened half the neighborhood too. ^_^

TDD

One friend of mine mentions getting a super loud
"screaming meanie" alarm clock, I think he said
it was. Problem: Wakes the neighbors, also.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goal 100% even more... bladder capacity

I only sleep two hours at a time until Mr.Bladder wakes me. It's no
little tinkle it's 500cc/16oz due to medication and my favorite rocket
fuel, Diet Dew. The caffeine doesn't make any difference in sleep but it
does augment the efficacy of pain medications. ^_^

TDD

The body is a wonder. Takes green Mt. Dew,
and turns it into yellow.

If you could pee black or some other color,
you could go into urban graffiti.

You need the oversize bladder option. Sleep
four hours, and pee 32 ouncer.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2014 7:05 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I only sleep two hours at a time until Mr.Bladder wakes me. It's
no little tinkle it's 500cc/16oz due to medication and my favorite
rocket fuel, Diet Dew. The caffeine doesn't make any difference in
sleep but it does augment the efficacy of pain medications. ^_^

TDD

The body is a wonder. Takes green Mt. Dew, and turns it into yellow.

If you could pee black or some other color, you could go into urban
graffiti.

You need the oversize bladder option. Sleep four hours, and pee 32
ouncer.

I told my home hospice care nurse that the only way I would get a full
nights sleep would for me to have a catheter. She said she had one out
in the car and could inset it for me. I declined, I remembered my time
in the ICU last year when my lungs filled with fluid and the combination
of Lasix and a drain line for Mr.Bladder got rid of my excess fluid. I
didn't get much sleep because a catheter makes you feel like you must go
constantly. o_O

Oh yea, my record is an excess of 24oz. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I believe generally speaking shower uses less water than bath.
Our shower is separate from tub so filling water into tub taking shower
is very difficult, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Years ago, I knew a fellow who was such a heavy sleeper that he took a
plug in light timer and hooked a 12 inch 120 volt fire alarm bell to it
and would set the timer to set off the bell whenever he needed to get
up. Of course he may have awakened half the neighborhood too. ^_^

It was late one night, I was tired and added a few lines to a very
large batch file to call the phone on my bedside stand. ****ed me off
the first couple of times when I said "Hello" and not getting a reply
from my computer calling me to wake me up

Hi,
I am such a neavy sleeper eeven at this age I sleep like rock.
In the service I even dozed off marching during field maneuvers.
When time for rest, every one halts but when I bump into a guy
in front of me I woke up. Sleeping well is good health benefit
they say.

I fell asleep standing at parade rest in the chow line. Felt like I
was beat like a dog after a very, very long day in the Army
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 12:58 PM, hah wrote:

Set A/C thermostat to 60F or lower. If
that's too cold, use space heaters.

Actually, I've seen this happen. At one of my
church's buildings, the AC was under sized.
They kept it way down in case they had a lot of
people come in. One time I found two sister
missionaries in a side room, wearing sweatters
and running a space heater to keep warm. True
story.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2014 1:43 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My goal is to achieve 100%

Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything
we do. While
you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment
and
perfection.

Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company.
They
company my us to other homes of the same size and type in
the area.
I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most
efficient in the
neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting
for it all,
my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

We're all behind ya, Ed. We *know* ya can do it!!!

More power to you!

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

My bladder was measured at 1250 cc The nurses couldn't believe I could hold
it. One time a nurse came in the middle of the night and asked if I had to
go. Mostly asleep I said I couldn't. Bad idea, she catheterized "dumped"
me. The next day the doc asked what all this was about. I couldn't
remember.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 7:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

We had a thread a couple years ago, if men go to
pee once or twice a night. Now, this is a ****ing
contest if I ever read one. Not as much a swinging
contest, but even so.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 6:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

This is the one year anniversary of me dropping dead from a heart attack
and having those fantastic paramedics save my life. I spent most of last
May in the hospital but was never catheterized. In July of last year, I
awakened at 1:00am with a cough. I'd had a bit of an upset stomach when
I went to bed so I thought I might have thrown up in my sleep and had
aspirated some vomit. My breathing became more difficult as the minutes
passed and as I sat there on the hospital bed I yelled to my roommate
for help because I needed assistance with the oxygen but the regulator
didn't seal, I'd never needed or used it so I'd never tested it. I was
getting worse so I told him to call 911. The paramedics got there just
in time to help me. I was drowning, my lungs were filling with fluid so
the paramedics got me to the ER where I told one of the male nurses,
"You better put a drain line in me, I'm filling up!" So I got my first
ever catheter and living with the darn thing while I was in the ICU made
me feel like I had to pee all the time. It was quite uncomfortable and I
never want a Foley in me again. I did have a 3 liter drain bag hooked up
and I was filling the thing a couple of times a day. It turns out that
after I was released from the hospital a month before, a nurse told me
to stop taking all the other prescriptions I was on and only take those
that were now prescribed for me. One of those meds was a diuretic which
I stopped taking so it took me a whole month to develop the pulmonary
edema that had just tried to kill me. I should have known better than to
change my meds without researching it. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

So I woke up this morning and I was fine. My hands and feet were swelling a little still, so I took ibuprofen. Big mistake. My ass started
dripping blood.

After eating breakfast, I started breaking out in hives! If you don't know what hives are, it's red, bumpy splotches on your skin. And it itches
like crap! I only had it on my elbows and knees at first. Then it started to spread. I then had hives on my cheeks, forehead, chest, front and
back of my neck, shoulders, upper back, hips, inner part of my arms, and upper part if my legs and my penis. It sucked! I wanted to itch it
soooooo badly! Instead, I had to itch my testicles and such.

Another bad thing was that I had a tennis tournament tonight. By that time the hives were going away, but my face looked like a hive of bees had
attacked me. I had to put makeup on to try to disguise the red splotches, but I still looked bad. I got to the tournament and started my first
match. At first I was losing, then things started to change. I came back and win 3 games in a row and brought my score up. The girl I played got
another point, and then I finished her off.

I had a second round bi (don't know how to spell it) so I got to rest. My anus was hurting again and I was coughing blood here and there. My
hives was almost completely gone, then I starts coughing non stop. I kept coughing and coughing, which stressed out my back and I started to
have back spasms again.

I bowed out of the tournament and went home. First, we stopped at the store to get stuff for my mom, who has the flu right now. Anyways, my
penis, legs and neck started to itch again. I thought the hives were coming back in some places. When I got home, I took a shower. Before I did,
I looked in the mirror and saw that I had hives covering almost every inch of me. I had the urge to scratch my whole body, which annoyed the
crap out of me.

I took two pills to help with my back and hives just a few minutes ago as now I'm sitting on my bed scratching my balls. I'm also watching the
hives spread down to my wrists. I'm so uncomfortable right now! Well, these pills are going to make me really sleepy so I'm going to have to
stop here. Before I do stop though, I want to let you know that I have a cheer competition tomorrow. I wonder how that's going to go. Which me
good luck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 03 May 2014 19:15:31 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

This is the one year anniversary of me dropping dead from a heart attack
and having those fantastic paramedics save my life.

Happy Re-Birthday. Glad to have you still around!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2014 9:05 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

Someone on this list, a couple years ago. Advertised
a Ranco ball rotator, which might be helpful to you.
I think Billy Mays used and endorsed them.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:15:41 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

you slept thru being catheterized?? unbelievable, having it inseted was the most painful thing anyone has ever done to me......

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2014 8:05 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

A cordless drill with a long wire brush on the end of a long shaft could
help. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This is the one year anniversary of me dropping dead from a heart attack
and having those fantastic paramedics save my life.

Happy Re-Birthday. Glad to have you still around!

Thanks but more than one person has told me to drop dead. It's usually
been some young woman who's butt I grabbed. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi everybody, my name is Rebecca and I just wanted to share my eating disorders with you all.

I actually eat a lot in response to the stresses of being a mom. My behavior, or having my buttons pushed- drives me to binge- sometimes its the only way that makes me feel ok.
It's a comfort... or maybe more like "numbness".

So I gave in and made a triple batch of brownies.

The kicker is that while they were baking I must have left my bedroom door open! My daughter got up to the computer and was talking on my fax machine headset!
I was fuming! I set her in a timeout and had to undo all the things she had done to my computer.
My temper flared up hard and those brownies were calling me. So I had a little binge and ate two pans.

I lost it again later that day and finished off the third pan.