Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Goal 100%

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/29/2014 10:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/29/2014 12:25 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

we use too much water even tho small yard is
irrigated. One reason is IMO, we always take bath, seldom take showers.

Not sure you are saving. Many showers are rated at 2.5 gpm. A five
minute shower uses a little over 12 gallons. What do you use to fill
the tub? They usually have about a 42 gallon capacity so if you fill it
half way you are using more than a shower.

Dad mentioned to me one time, that during the
war (probably WWII) there was a push to conserve
everything for our fighting boys. Someone
noticed showers, all the water going down the
drain, and suggested people take baths. And so
they did. However, tub baths take a LOT more
water. If you want empirical evidence of this,
take a shower with the bath tub drain closed,
and see how much water a shower really uses.
Less than a sit down bath, for sure.

Hi,
I believe generally speaking shower uses less water than bath.
Our shower is separate from tub so filling water into tub taking shower
is very difficult, LOL!