Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clearing Error 27 on Canon PIXMA MP190

Does anyone know a way to clear error E27 (ink absorber full) on Canon MP190? I have cleaned the ink absorber. Turned the printer off and on, using various code-clearing procedures online with no success. E27 always returns.

Below are some steps I have tried with no success.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

*** None of these below have worked for me.....

Press and hold the "Power" button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait five seconds and push the "Power" button again. This resets the printer's internal memory and overrides the "Ink Absorber Full" error code.

===

http://www.fixya.com/support/t917147...ll_canon_mp190

If your absorber is full, call Canon at 732-521-7230 to order the replacement pads for the ink absorber.

If you do not have access to new ink absorber pads, you can extend the life of your current pads by rinsing them thoroughly and allowing them to dry before reinstalling them.

To replace the pad:

1 Open the printer as though you were going to install new ink cartridges, letting the cartridge cradle move to the center of the printing unit. Unplug the printer so that the cartridges will remain in their position.

2 Locate the waste ink absorbers in their black rubber frame. They will likely be on the right side of your printer, and will be located underneath the area where the ink cartridges rest when the printer is in standby mode.

3 Use a paper napkin or other disposable and absorbent material to soak up any excess ink that may be in the pads by pressing it down onto the top of the frame.

4 Pull the rubber frame free from the printer, wearing gloves to keep your hands clean. Carefully remove the ink absorber pad or pads from the rubber frame.

5 Insert new ink absorber pads firmly into the rubber frame. Replace the rubber frame in its original position and close the printer.

6 Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in. Continue holding the power button down until the printer begins to reset itself and come online.

7 Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again. It should blink for two to three seconds, then stay lit; this will indicate that the printer has been reset and is ready to print again without errors.

===

try this.. it worked on my MP190
1. Start with printer OFF
2. Hold down STOP/RESET and then hold down POWER
3. Release STOP/RESET (don?t let go of the power just yet)
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. let green light blink until print head has finished moving.

i have had try that command, it was working at first, but if you turn off and on again the problem still persist.

===

CANON MP190
Reset Waste Ink full canon

1. Enter SERVICE MODE. By pressing Menu Copy Scan Copy Copy
(My note: There is no "menu" button on this printer MP190)
2. Select TEST MODE.
3. Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE.
4. Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR].
5. Select 0. [INK COUNT].
6. Press the [Set] key.
7. Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of
3)), and then press the [ON/OFF] key

After reset manual now remained the reset permanenly using

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/67217

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2013 03:21 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
Does anyone know a way to clear error E27 (ink absorber full) on Canon MP190? I have cleaned the ink absorber. Turned the printer off and on, using various code-clearing procedures online with no success. E27 always returns.

Below are some steps I have tried with no success.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Ink might have leaked down beneath the pads.

I'd remove them and let everything sit overnight to make sure the area
under the pads are all dry , then repeat the reset procedure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You might try a more appropriate news group!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2013 3:34 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/26/2013 03:21 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
Does anyone know a way to clear error E27 (ink absorber full) on
Canon MP190? I have cleaned the ink absorber. Turned the printer
off and on, using various code-clearing procedures online with no
success. E27 always returns.

Below are some steps I have tried with no success.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Ink might have leaked down beneath the pads.

I'd remove them and let everything sit overnight to make sure the
area under the pads are all dry , then repeat the reset procedure.

I sometimes use Q-tips and 91% rubbing alcohol to clean out areas of
printers and would try cleaning out the holder for the ink pad and
squeezing ink out of the pad in an attempt to reuse it. I'm guessing
that the ink could be slightly conductive and there could be sensing
electrodes in the ink pad holder that could be covered with ink and
cleaning them could but the printer back in operation. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ink might have leaked down beneath the pads.

I'd remove them and let everything sit overnight to make sure the
area under the pads are all dry , then repeat the reset procedure.

I sometimes use Q-tips and 91% rubbing alcohol to clean out areas of
printers and would try cleaning out the holder for the ink pad and
squeezing ink out of the pad in an attempt to reuse it. I'm guessing
that the ink could be slightly conductive and there could be sensing
electrodes in the ink pad holder that could be covered with ink and
cleaning them could but the printer back in operation. ^_^

TDD

Yes, that is very probable...I use rubbing alcohol in my workshop for
cleaning electronics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:21:34 PM UTC-6, Guv Bob wrote:
[...]

You can't read the user guide ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Daring Dufas TeaBillie on welfare" wrote in message ...
[...]

I can't find it anywhere online. All I have is the quick-start manual and brochures. At the Canon website, I get this error when trying to download anything. Never had this problem before....

"Downloads are not available as your browser JavaScript setting is disabled. Please enable your browser JavaScript setting to download the file.

If anyone has a technical document and wants to email it to me, that would be great. Email is guvbob2003 at yaREMOVEhoo dot com.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...es/pixma_mp190

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2013 6:58 AM, philo wrote:

Ink might have leaked down beneath the pads.

I'd remove them and let everything sit overnight to make sure
the area under the pads are all dry , then repeat the reset
procedure.

I sometimes use Q-tips and 91% rubbing alcohol to clean out areas
of printers and would try cleaning out the holder for the ink pad
and squeezing ink out of the pad in an attempt to reuse it. I'm
guessing that the ink could be slightly conductive and there could
be sensing electrodes in the ink pad holder that could be covered
with ink and cleaning them could but the printer back in operation.
^_^

TDD

Yes, that is very probable...I use rubbing alcohol in my workshop for
cleaning electronics.

I only buy the 91% because there is less water in it and it evaporates
much faster. When I was doing some work for a great electrical engineer
who designed and built industrial control systems, we used MEK to clean
the circuit boards. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_ethyl_ketone

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Printers with Drivers for Older OS's

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:22:47 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines?

Drivers are likely backward compatible.

Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

I haven't paid for a software driver that talks to the hardware. Hmm.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Guv Bob wrote:
"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Hi,
If you can't Google and find 2000 driver, XP driver might work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines?

Drivers are likely backward compatible.

Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

I haven't paid for a software driver that talks to the hardware. Hmm.

Hi,
I am a fan of Canon printers. I just took a look at Canon site, there is
2000 drivers listed. Currently my family uses Canon MP990 wireless
printer connected to a Netgear R7000 router.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

If it has fumes of any type I won't use it. Rubbing alcohol is safer I'd
think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2013 04:22 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

yep my Samsung Laser has drivers back to win2k

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:53:39 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

No need to clean circuit boards with toxins. Just throw a little TSP
in a dishwasher and let it do the job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Best to ask on alt.comp.printers
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2013 3:06 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Some folks used R11 to clean circuit boards but that was about 40 years
ago before anyone was concerned about murdering cute little ozones. R11
was a great cleaner and HVAC system flush. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines?

Drivers are likely backward compatible.

When I was using W2K, I remember that most XP drivers would work.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?" --
George Carlin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2013 5:22 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Get real the cost to develop and test drivers for extremely old O/S's 14
years old does not seem like a win for the companies.
Quite the opposite. You running something so old is your problem.

You keep an old system for reasons that are yours, but the manufacturers
only go back one or 2 releases at most.

Lets see you missed XP, Win2003(server), 2005 server 2008 server, Vista
(crap) and Win7 pretty good. Win 8 is out now..
Count how many versions you missed..

--
Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines?

Drivers are likely backward compatible.

Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

I haven't paid for a software driver that talks to the hardware. Hmm.

You've had good luck. No USB printer I have bought is backward compatible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines?

Drivers are likely backward compatible.

Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

I haven't paid for a software driver that talks to the hardware. Hmm.

Hi,
I am a fan of Canon printers. I just took a look at Canon site, there is
2000 drivers listed. Currently my family uses Canon MP990 wireless
printer connected to a Netgear R7000 router.

Tony, where did you find the 2000 driver? I couldn't find it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Best to ask on alt.comp.printers

I don't have access to that one. I tried a dozen computer or printer groups and alt.home.repair is by far the best for good info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Get real the cost to develop and test drivers for extremely old O/S's 14
years old does not seem like a win for the companies.
Quite the opposite. You running something so old is your problem.

You keep an old system for reasons that are yours, but the manufacturers
only go back one or 2 releases at most.

Lets see you missed XP, Win2003(server), 2005 server 2008 server, Vista
(crap) and Win7 pretty good. Win 8 is out now..
Count how many versions you missed..

2000 works fine for everything I'm using except this printer problem which will be solved soon.. I have a Win7 DVD and never saw a real reason to install it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 12/27/2013 2:22 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

I have the opposite need. I want a newer OS with drivers for older
printers. I can't use my favorite printer anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

For anyone else bumbling along like I am, here are some good links I found for Canon MP190 and similiar models.

When instructions say to press the RESUME button, there is no button called Resume on MP190. They are talking about the button with no label that looks like like an upside down triangle.

If the instructions for MP190 say press "Menu", they are confusing this model with the MPC190. No Menu button on the MP190. Turns out a lot of people were copying and reposting these instructions online and they don't work for MP190.

Resetting Ink Absorber
http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/i...counter-reset/
http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/i...-full-message/

MPC190:
http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/i...counter-reset/

Canon PIXMA IP1500 Waste Ink Tank Counter Reset
http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/i...counter-reset/

Canon "S" & "i" Series Waste Ink Tank Counter Reset
http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/i...counter-reset/

Good video that works for resetting MP190 ink absorber:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihaY8UzWGw

Turn off printer with POWER button.
Hold down RESUME button and then press and hold POWER.
Keep POWER held down and release the RESUME button.
Press RESUME twice.
Release the POWER button. Green LEDs should now start flashing.
When green LEDs are solid, press RESUME four times. Note: It is important you press RESUME exactly four times as more or less will cause the printer to perform a different function.
Press POWER and the printer should switch off, if not simply press POWER again.
Turn your printer back on and the counter will now be reset.

Resetting various models for Low Ink Error:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdyBOmAgQi8

Canon Reset for
IP1600, 1700, 1800
MP150, 160,170,190,210. 460,470
MX300,310
Cartridges, 37,38,40,41

After replacing cartridges, if printer prints right away, it is still in low ink mode.
When low ink warning comes up, press and hold stop/resume button for 5+ seconds.
E31 displaed. B&C will be flashing
B will go out. C keep flashing
Hold 5 more seconds
Both flashing while resetting
Printer will self-clean and print OK until ink is out

Waste Ink Tank Cleaning iP1000. Good photos but hard to follow:
For iP1000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB-WXaO_ViM
For iP1500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVpjqBr7KjU

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines?

Drivers are likely backward compatible.

When I was using W2K, I remember that most XP drivers would work.

OP needs a 32 bit driver. On the disk, there should be a *.cab file
in the Windows /system or /driver folder. Search for device and point
to that folder. YMMV

On a laptop clean install for a friend, I found many of the device
drivers from HP were dated 2009 on Win7 (64 bit).

The printer install software was a suite of options to scan, etc.. I
got the file, but she did the printer install at home.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 14:09:48 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

2000 works fine for everything I'm using except this printer problem which will be solved soon.. I have a Win7 DVD and never saw a real reason to install it.

Look on the 2000 disk for a Windows system or driver folder. There
may be a generic M$ driver to find the printer.

A word of caution. Before you try to install Win7, do yourself a favor
and run the M$ comparability utility. It will show if your hardware
will support Win7.

(...and some other things apply)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Get real the cost to develop and test drivers for extremely old O/S's 14
years old does not seem like a win for the companies.
Quite the opposite. You running something so old is your problem.

You keep an old system for reasons that are yours, but the manufacturers
only go back one or 2 releases at most.

Lets see you missed XP, Win2003(server), 2005 server 2008 server, Vista
(crap) and Win7 pretty good. Win 8 is out now..
Count how many versions you missed..

2000 works fine for everything I'm using except this printer problem which will be solved soon.. I have a Win7 DVD and never saw a real reason to install it.

If your machine is old enough to have come with Win2k it is very
unlikely that Win7 will work on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

[...]

Unless OP uses W2000 for just basic things, most new things won't run on
it. I know there is people still using DOS too, LOL!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new
machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the
market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

I have the opposite need. I want a newer OS with drivers for older
printers. I can't use my favorite printer anymore.

If you have Win7/8 but your device does not have any drivers newer than
XP/win2k...
you can get it to work. If the driver package is a self-extracting
executable you will need to unpack it first.

Once you do that, you can install your device but you will have to OK
installing an unsigned driver.

Though I have gotten this to work with no problems...and Win7/8 is
pretty good about rolling back drivers that could potentially harm your
system...this would have to be done at your own risk as there is no
absolute guarantee.

Though there are plenty of utilities that will extract the files from
the self-extracting installer,I used to simply start the process but not
cancel it when I got the message about the OS not being supported...
then simply copy the files from the temporary location to a folder
elsewhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 15:53:15 -0600, philo* wrote:

If your machine is old enough to have come with Win2k it is very
unlikely that Win7 will work on it.

....MOST likely

In my neck of the woods...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, that is my case. I'm not interested in being on the leading edge of the computer world. That's not my business or main interest. When I'm sitting at a computer, nothing is getting done around here. Same for "up" grading -- my experience going from DOS to 3.1, 95, 98 and 2000 is that something is always lost or doesn't work as well when it's finished. The only advantage I have seen is CPU speed when I have to upgrade the hardware, and that really is not important for anything I do online.

Mostly I just need to calculate, enter text, create simple line drawings or make simple photo manipulations. The few websites I have done are very simple using at text editor and HTML -- displaying basic text and graphics. No security, flash, e-commerce, tracking, etc., needed. I use them mostly for distributing documents or use with WS_FTP as a dropbox for sending and receiving documents and large files.

I seldom need video or game software. Any websites I can't access with IE6, I just use Firefox, Chrome, etc. For work, 99%+ of my use is text-based. Nearly all is keyboard-based. I only use the mouse as a last resort.

My business is mostly working hands-on away from computers at industrial field sites. Any computer work on site is done using proprietary industrial software or the customer's system. 386's are still the most common CPU for running equipment in most plants I visit.

Any of my own home computer use involves reading, writing and rithmatic, and that's pretty much it. Any documents I need can be converted to older or newer version with any number of low-cost online services.

For engg drawings, my ACAD Version 12 (c. 1994) does everything I need. Don't need virtual reality, 3-D, etc -- just plain old X-Y drawings are fine.

There's no quicker way to get exactly the kind of file list I need than DOS....
dir *.doc filelist.txt

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL!!

Bob