Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default New Printers with Drivers for Older OS's

philo wrote:
On 12/28/2013 04:09 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"woodchucker" wrote in message
On 12/27/2013 5:22 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their
new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the
market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Get real the cost to develop and test drivers for extremely old O/S's 14
years old does not seem like a win for the companies.
Quite the opposite. You running something so old is your problem.

You keep an old system for reasons that are yours, but the manufacturers
only go back one or 2 releases at most.

Lets see you missed XP, Win2003(server), 2005 server 2008 server, Vista
(crap) and Win7 pretty good. Win 8 is out now..
Count how many versions you missed..

2000 works fine for everything I'm using except this printer problem
which will be solved soon.. I have a Win7 DVD and never saw a real
reason to install it.

If your machine is old enough to have come with Win2k it is very
unlikely that Win7 will work on it.

Hi,
Unless OP uses W2000 for just basic things, most new things won't run on
it. I know there is people still using DOS too, LOL!