Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Clearing Error 27 on Canon PIXMA MP190

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/27/2013 6:58 AM, philo wrote:

Ink might have leaked down beneath the pads.

I'd remove them and let everything sit overnight to make sure
the area under the pads are all dry , then repeat the reset
procedure.

I sometimes use Q-tips and 91% rubbing alcohol to clean out areas
of printers and would try cleaning out the holder for the ink pad
and squeezing ink out of the pad in an attempt to reuse it. I'm
guessing that the ink could be slightly conductive and there could
be sensing electrodes in the ink pad holder that could be covered
with ink and cleaning them could but the printer back in operation.
^_^

TDD

Yes, that is very probable...I use rubbing alcohol in my workshop for
cleaning electronics.

I only buy the 91% because there is less water in it and it evaporates
much faster. When I was doing some work for a great electrical engineer
who designed and built industrial control systems, we used MEK to clean
the circuit boards. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_ethyl_ketone

TDD

Hi,