Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default New Printers with Drivers for Older OS's

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:29:52 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 12/27/2013 05:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:22:47 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines?

Drivers are likely backward compatible.

When I was using W2K, I remember that most XP drivers would work.

OP needs a 32 bit driver. On the disk, there should be a *.cab file
in the Windows /system or /driver folder. Search for device and point
to that folder. YMMV

On a laptop clean install for a friend, I found many of the device
drivers from HP were dated 2009 on Win7 (64 bit).

The printer install software was a suite of options to scan, etc.. I
got the file, but she did the printer install at home.