Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DOW continues record climb. Thank you POTUS!

On 12/8/2013 11:28 AM, Daring Dufas : A Sock Of Killer Loon wrote:
Millions of walmart employees could get off the govt tit .

Killer Loon, living proof that human females should never have sex with
farm animals. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 23:34:33 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/7/2013 10:50 PM, Daring Dufas : Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:
We don't hear any Republicans putting a stop to that .. but ask for. .25 cent raise and the world's coming to an end because a $2 burgher will cost $2.01.

Minimum wage is pathetic. It has not kept up with inflation or it would
be about $10.30 now. If you can't pay that you probably should not be
in business.

You're right. The whole concept of "minimum wage" is antithetical to
"freedom". The government has no business getting between two parties
in a contract for lawful commerce.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 07:19:58 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

I like it. It means a larger pool of potential employees to choose from
and someone making $100,000/year is going to be paying lot's more tax
than someone making about $16,000/year...not to mention that they'd be
spending more of their disposable income and could afford decent
healthcare

How does that even remotely happen?

Leftist's lies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/8/2013 11:23 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

I don't mind that a CEO of a big corporation makes $20 million a year,
but don't take that home while telling me you cannot afford to pay your
workers more than $7.25 an hour. If the CEO is working a 50 hour week he
is making $8,000 an hour.

Again, not sure what one has to do with the other.

The guy making $8,000 an hour is often the one that says to pay workers
minimum wage. Give them as little as possible while I take as much as
possible

Again, not sure what one has to do with the other. Different jobs
pay differently.

Also, I would note that executive pay is largely where it is today
because Congress meddled in areas they don't understand in the mid-80s.
This disparity is the direct (or anyway as direct as anything economic
is likely to be) result of changes in tax laws put in place specifically
to SLOW the increase in executive pay.

I'd take the job for $6000 an hour. Spread the other 2k amongst the low
wage workers.

--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Of course different pay. You could afford to pay the lower end a bit
more if the guy at the top did not take all the money though. A
business can only afford to take a given amount of its income to pay
wages. Someone near or at the top decides who gets how much.

But if you look at the actual money paid out, for the most part only
a $1 million or so is actually paid out in salary. That is the most that
the law lets corps deduct. There are also some cash incentives paid.
These two together run ~30% of total compensation The rest is related
stock options and such that largely comes from other stockholders
through dilution of shares. You could take every penny of actual cash
from the honchoes and give every Walmart employee a penny or two bonus.

I'm not sure what that would be, but executive pay has been increasing
at a far faster rate than the bottom end. I make a decent wage and I
don't want to put limits on by law. I just have a hard time believing
"we can't afford to pay you more" when one person is making $8000 an hour.

But he isn't coming anywhere near that, at least in cash paid out.

If interested in the history of executive pay:

If you look at the performance based pay issues, you will note that
these tax things were put in place in the mid-80s (by strong bipartisan
majorities, BTW) because Congress at the time actually wanted to reign
in what they THEN viewed as widely outrageous executive pay.

In order to fight this Evil, they effectively capped executive salary
(what they are paid to actually run the company) by making nothing more
than $1 million deductible. (If you look at the proxy filings for most
publicly held companies, a large %age of them still top actual salaries
at that point).

Then, in an attempt to "align the interests of the shareholders and the
executives", tax-favored performance based things such as stock options,
etc. So, instead of paying someone for actually running the company,
they paid them to run the books. I don't think it was coincidence that
first book-cooking scandal took place within the next two years after
passage.
Over the long haul, all sorts of things occurred. In no apparent order
of importance:

1). Executive pay rose substantially (although interestingly enough if
you look at many of the indicators they rise and fall with the stock)
and execs were paid orders of magnitude more than even the most captive
board would have had the balls to pay them before.
2) The concentration of wealth starts the spike around the same time.
3). The marker people like to point to, ratio between exec pay and the
average on the shop floor, ballooned. After bouncing around 30X or so
during the 60s, 70s, and early 80s, it took off cresting north of 300x
before falling back with the stock market.
So to those clamoring for Congressional action I point to the above and
suggest they be damn careful what they wish for.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
‹ Aaron Levenstein

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2013 10:44 AM, Bob F wrote:
Enforced with a couple billion rounds of hollow points?

LOL! An ever building sequence of right wing wacko "thinking"!

You must be one of the P.L.L.C.F., they are generally humor and irony
impaired. ^_^

TDD

What happens when a liberal is on the rag,
losing hemoglobin? Irony deficient.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:57:12 -0500, Stormin Mormon

On 12/9/2013 10:44 AM, Bob F wrote:
Enforced with a couple billion rounds of hollow points?

LOL! An ever building sequence of right wing wacko "thinking"!

You must be one of the P.L.L.C.F., they are generally humor and irony
impaired. ^_^

TDD

BF is one of the leftist of the leftists. He's over there, off the
left edge, with Malformed.

What happens when a liberal is on the rag,
losing hemoglobin? Irony deficient.

That's a good one!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:59:57 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Anyone remember when Bill Clinton was impeached
for perjury and obstruction of justice? And how
Hillary! said it was jut a vast right wing
conspiracy?

Turns out he was acquited! Like most right wingers, his prosecuters had no case.

Please explain to me how there is an acquittal from impeachment?

Do tell. Tell it from the left winger side, will ya? Lay off the
Kook-Aid. Bill Clinton is ****ed to this day that he was impeached and
lost his law degree to practice.

.... welcome to the battlefield!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone remember when Bill Clinton was impeached
for perjury and obstruction of justice? And how
Hillary! said it was jut a vast right wing
conspiracy?

Turns out he was acquited! Like most right wingers, his prosecuters had no case.

Please explain to me how there is an acquittal from impeachment?

Do tell. Tell it from the left winger side, will ya? Lay off the
Kook-Aid. Bill Clinton is ****ed to this day that he was impeached and
lost his law degree to practice.

... welcome to the battlefield!

Never confuse a P.L.L.C.F. with facts unless you have the net and
tranquilizer dart gun ready. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

You are too lazy to even work . ****ing hypocrite.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone remember when Bill Clinton was impeached
for perjury and obstruction of justice? And how
Hillary! said it was jut a vast right wing
conspiracy?

Turns out he was acquited! Like most right wingers, his prosecuters had no case.

Please explain to me how there is an acquittal from impeachment?

Do tell. Tell it from the left winger side, will ya? Lay off the
Kook-Aid. Bill Clinton is ****ed to this day that he was impeached and
lost his law degree to practice.

... welcome to the battlefield!

Never confuse a P.L.L.C.F. with facts unless you have the net and
tranquilizer dart gun ready. ^_^

TDD

I never do. What I practice is watching them change colors like a
Chameleon.

Right in front of your face. Had a guy throw down his crutches when
he found out his phone privilege was revoked (I performed a sidewalk
miracle). The damn fool walked to the Infirmary and told my bride he
wanted off - "strict bed rest". After that, I put him on a work crew.

--
"HALLOWED GROUND"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGv4dbtdzW8&list=PLKJ0algMe13_mBHNthmxOUf3 s0sSQDuEU
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Oren, in your experience in corrections, would you say that the majority
of inmates are what would be considered Liberals? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2013 8:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
Anyone remember when Bill Clinton was impeached
for perjury and obstruction of justice? And how
Hillary! said it was jut a vast right wing
conspiracy?

Turns out he was acquited! Like most right wingers, his prosecuters had no case.

Naah, memory says it was a party line vote in
the senate.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2013 12:15 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 21:01:58 -0600, The Daring Dufas
Never confuse a P.L.L.C.F. with facts unless you have the net and
tranquilizer dart gun ready. ^_^

TDD

I never do. What I practice is watching them change colors like a
Chameleon.

Right in front of your face. Had a guy throw down his crutches when
he found out his phone privilege was revoked (I performed a sidewalk
miracle). The damn fool walked to the Infirmary and told my bride he
wanted off - "strict bed rest". After that, I put him on a work crew.

I just love how that works. It takes a skilled
C.O. such as yourself to help inmates recover from
their ailments.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2013 11:15 PM, Oren wrote:
Right in front of your face. Had a guy throw down his crutches when
he found out his phone privilege was revoked (I performed a sidewalk
miracle). The damn fool walked to the Infirmary and told my bride he
wanted off - "strict bed rest". After that, I put him on a work crew.

Oren, in your experience in corrections, would you say that the majority
of inmates are what would be considered Liberals? ^_^

TDD

Thanks, TDD. I'm also curious, but I didn't think
to ask.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message ...

Turns out he was acquited! Like most right wingers, his prosecuters had no case.

Idiot. Bent Pecker Willie got help from his friends, and some Rhino's.
This happened down in Arkansas, too. That jack-ass got away with way to many things.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...inton_cop.html

Anyone remember Chinagate? Hmmm, handing the keys of the car to the Chinese was a
nice payback, eh?

What is wrong with the mentally deranged liberals? Why is it that they gravitate
to dictators and/or individuals who have a track record against civil rights or
are just plain ol' evil sacks of ****? Yasser Arafat ring a bell? How the ****
did that asshole get what he got? Oh, I forgot, the Libtards are Muzzie lovers, too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've not seen a study to say exactly that. Major inner-city thugs act
differently than more conservative crooks. There is no data entries
about political activity. When remanded or when the Pre-Sentence
Investigation (PSI) is done.

You can kind of feel the dynamics when dealing with them on a day to
day routine. The inner-city Jitterbugs tend to run off at the gums.
The Conservative types tend to accept their lot and do their time.

--
Son, you can do hard time or you can do easy time - pick one!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT for home repair -- inmates political leaning

On 12/10/2013 4:34 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Years ago, I answered ad for people needed to write
prison inmates. I figured it's a chance to bring
good cheer, and encourage the less fortunate of
society to do better, and improve self.

I wrote, and got a list of agencies and programs.
First one I heard from, wanted me to sign a theology
statement, which I recognized as the Nicean Creed.
I'm not Episcopal, so I didn't sign, and they dropped
me without any appeal process, or consideration.

I did link up with Prison Pen Pals, and got a couple
lists of names. I got a PO box in a neighboring town,
and I was in the prison pen business. I lasted about
seven or eight years, and gave up. In those years,
few lasted more than two letters. And many of them
wanted packages, money orders, letters on their behalf
to parole, etc.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:12:43 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Years ago, I answered ad for people needed to write
prison inmates

What a dumb ass move.

Were you organizing a "Hug A Thug" or something?

--
"You can not rehabilitate a person that has never been habilitated!"
-- Convict Guard 101

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Years ago, I answered ad for people needed to write
prison inmates

What a dumb ass move.

Were you organizing a "Hug A Thug" or something?

Oren,

He is following what the (Christian) Christ demands
of us:

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and
came unto thee? --Matthew 25:39

Go read Matthew 25. Christ will explain exactly what
he expects from us.

Christians have a 2000+ year history of visiting those
in prison. In ancient times, your family was expected
to feed you in prison. Christians were the only reason
at lot of prisoners survived.

-T

Todd,

I worked 25 years, is at least eight prisons. I do know what is fair.

All my prisoners were treated fairly, without favoritism to any group.

It was the Christian thing to do. Please don't think I wasn't diligent
in the practice of penology.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/11/13 7:00 PM, Todd wrote:

I never though so. Please forgive me if
it came out otherwise. I do stick my foot
in my mouth a lot. (As a professional
"Husband", I always have at least on foot
in my mouth at all times, unless I am changing
feet.)

-T

Bachelorhood does have its advantages. I don't have to answer the
question "Does this ___________ make me look fat?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/11/2013 7:11 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/11/13 7:00 PM, Todd wrote:

I never though so. Please forgive me if
it came out otherwise. I do stick my foot
in my mouth a lot. (As a professional
"Husband", I always have at least on foot
in my mouth at all times, unless I am changing
feet.)

-T

Bachelorhood does have its advantages. I don't have to answer the
question "Does this ___________ make me look fat?"

My mommy told me to always tell the truth, that's why I get slapped a
lot. They can call me mean but can never call me a liar. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Years ago, I answered ad for people needed to write
prison inmates

What a dumb ass move.
Were you organizing a "Hug A Thug" or something?

Oren,

He is following what the (Christian) Christ demands
of us:

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and
came unto thee? --Matthew 25:39

Go read Matthew 25. Christ will explain exactly what
he expects from us.

Christians have a 2000+ year history of visiting those
in prison. In ancient times, your family was expected
to feed you in prison. Christians were the only reason
at lot of prisoners survived.

I had a strange notion that most people were
(are) good, and will do good if given a chance.
Since that time, I'm not as convinced.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/11/2013 8:24 PM, Todd wrote:

You can tell the single guys from the married guys in the
grocery store. The single guys walk upright and proud.
The married guys are hunched over a list.

And married guys eat better.

I'm the one looking for some item that I totally
cannot find, and not sure if I want to go ask for
help.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:22:12 -0800 (PST), "Daring Dufas : Hypocrite
TeaBillie on welfare" wrote:

No republican will acknowledge your successes.

When no POTUS will ever accept responsibly when things go bad, why
should they get credit when things go well? Did you ever stop and
think that maybe all the BS maneuvers these guys make really don't
have much effect and all the "stuff that happens" would happen anyway?
Look at the Middle east, how much blood sweat and tears has the US
poured into that area to "stabilize it", "bring it democracy" and on
and on and it's STILL endless chaos, death, and destruction. One
could even argue that the more the US has "helped" the worse things
have gotten.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2014 11:18 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

When no POTUS will ever accept responsibly when things go bad, why
should they get credit when things go well? Did you ever stop and
think that maybe all the BS maneuvers these guys make really don't
have much effect and all the "stuff that happens" would happen anyway?

Inflating the money supply 85b per month
guarantees price inflation.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 1/9/2014 11:18 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

When no POTUS will ever accept responsibly when things go bad, why
should they get credit when things go well? Did you ever stop and
think that maybe all the BS maneuvers these guys make really don't
have much effect and all the "stuff that happens" would happen anyway?

Inflating the money supply 85b per month
guarantees price inflation.

and yet inflation was lower in in 2013 and 2013 was lower than 2012 or
are you using the krwless calculator?

Senior Member

Quote:
Inflating the money supply 85b per month
guarantees price inflation.
No, things are turning around for the US economy.

I don't know if you're aware of it, but since the worthless mortgage crash in October of 2008 the Canadian dollar has been as high as $1.08 $US. That's not because Canada's economy got stronger, it's because investors around the world lost some confidence in the US dollar as a result of that mortgage fiasco, and chose to buy the currencies of other countries that they felt would be a safer investment.

But, over the past 12 months or so, confidence has returned to the US greenback, and it's been getting stronger. Today, the Canadian dollar is back below the US dollar at 92.8 cents US. And, again, that's not because the Canadian economy got any weaker, it's because investors around the world are seeing that America is coming out of the 2008 recession relatively unscathed, and are once again buying US dollars because they consider them a safe investment.

If you live in a country where the government can literally seize your property because you're a white elitist that needs to be taught a lesson, and there are patriots that fought in the war that need to be rewarded for their heroism and would appreciate having some of your land, keeping a US dollar account in a foreign bank is a good way to protect your wealth from your government.

Last edited by nestork : January 10th 14 at 01:21 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2014 8:15 PM, nestork wrote:

Inflating the money supply 85b per month
guarantees price inflation.

No, things are turning around for the US economy.

I don't know if you're aware of it, but since the worthless mortgage
crash in October of 2008 the Canadian dollar has been as high as $1.08
$US. That's not because Canada's economy got stronger, it's because
investors around the world lost some confidence in the US dollar as a
result of that mortgage fiasco, and chose to buy the currencies of other
countries that they felt would be a safer investment.

But, over the past 12 months or so, confidence has returned to the US
greenback, and it's been getting stronger. Today, the Canadian dollar
is back below the US dollar at 92.8 cents US. And, again, that's not
because the Canadian economy got any weaker, it's because of investors
around the world returning the the US greenback as a safe investment.

If the economy is improving, why does Bee Ho
want to extend unemployment payouts?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin Mormon[_10_] View Post
If the economy is improving, why does Bee Ho
want to extend unemployment payouts?
It's called "Robin Hood democracy".
There are more poor people than there are rich people.
So, the politician that steals from the rich and gives to the poor keeps getting re-elected.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
nestork wrote:

[...]

damn, now krwless is going to call you a leftie liar
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 1/9/2014 11:18 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

When no POTUS will ever accept responsibly when things go bad, why
should they get credit when things go well? Did you ever stop and
think that maybe all the BS maneuvers these guys make really don't
have much effect and all the "stuff that happens" would happen anyway?

Inflating the money supply 85b per month
guarantees price inflation.

and yet inflation was lower in in 2013 and 2013 was lower than 2012 or
are you using the krwless calculator?

He left off the qualifier of when the inflating of the money supply
stops. Get back to me in 18-24 months...
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
‹ Aaron Levenstein

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2014 11:13 PM, nestork wrote:
'Stormin Mormon[_10_ Wrote:
;3179771']
If the economy is improving, why does Bee Ho
want to extend unemployment payouts?

It's called "Robin Hood democracy".
There are more poor people than there are rich people.
So, the politician that steals from the rich and gives to the poor keeps
getting re-elected.

As opposed to the US constitution, where people
keep nearly all of what they earn.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 1/9/2014 11:13 PM, nestork wrote:
'Stormin Mormon[_10_ Wrote:
;3179771']
If the economy is improving, why does Bee Ho
want to extend unemployment payouts?

It's called "Robin Hood democracy".
There are more poor people than there are rich people.
So, the politician that steals from the rich and gives to the poor keeps
getting re-elected.

As opposed to the US constitution, where people
keep nearly all of what they earn.

where does it say that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone remember when Bill Clinton was impeached
for perjury and obstruction of justice? And how
Hillary! said it was jut a vast right wing
conspiracy?

Turns out he was acquited! Like most right wingers, his prosecuters had no case.

Please explain to me how there is an acquittal from impeachment?

Do tell. Tell it from the left winger side, will ya? Lay off the
Kook-Aid. Bill Clinton is ****ed to this day that he was impeached and
lost his law degree to practice.

... welcome to the battlefield!

FYI

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10904831/n.../#.UtBZbfRDuSo
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:12:14 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 1/9/2014 11:13 PM, nestork wrote:
'Stormin Mormon[_10_ Wrote:
;3179771']
If the economy is improving, why does Bee Ho
want to extend unemployment payouts?

It's called "Robin Hood democracy".
There are more poor people than there are rich people.
So, the politician that steals from the rich and gives to the poor keeps
getting re-elected.

As opposed to the US constitution, where people
keep nearly all of what they earn.

where does it say that?

You wouldn't know. You've never even read, much less understood, the
Constitution, Malformed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:10:42 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
nestork wrote:

[...]

No, I'm going to call you a lefty liar, Malformed. ...because you
are.

Anti- climb paint mogga UK diy 0 March 28th 12 08:17 AM
Oil prices climb to $101.11 a barrel... Jim Thompson Electronics Repair 102 March 28th 08 01:09 PM
what is the safest way to climb a roof? Joe Home Repair 21 June 13th 07 08:58 PM
Adjustable length rail to help old folks climb out of bath? Bill Haines UK diy 31 June 28th 06 09:22 PM
Non-Setting Anti-Climb Paint? Greg C UK diy 2 February 6th 05 12:19 PM