Greg C

Default Non-Setting Anti-Climb Paint?

I have a 10ft high chainlink fence around the rear of my property
and want to cover the top 2ft with non-setting anti-climb paint,
the type that deters intruders. Obviously I'm goiing to need a
lot of the gooey stuff and it's fairly expensive at around 8GBP
per litre.

So I was considering making a cheaper subsitute by mixing lower
priced diy materials. Perhaps grease mixed with a little
oil-based paint for example? Or is there anything I can use to
thin down non-setting roof-repair mastic?

Has anyone tried something like this before, or do you have any
ideas or suggestions of what to try? Would appreciate some
thoughts.

Cheers - Greg
fred

In article , Greg C
writes
I have a 10ft high chainlink fence around the rear of my property
and want to cover the top 2ft with non-setting anti-climb paint,
the type that deters intruders. Obviously I'm goiing to need a
lot of the gooey stuff and it's fairly expensive at around 8GBP
per litre.

So I was considering making a cheaper subsitute by mixing lower
priced diy materials. Perhaps grease mixed with a little
oil-based paint for example? Or is there anything I can use to
thin down non-setting roof-repair mastic?

Has anyone tried something like this before, or do you have any
ideas or suggestions of what to try? Would appreciate some
thoughts.

Allegedly engine oil mixed with regular oil based sic paint will do the job
but I have not tried this. I imagine a litre will go quite far if you use a roller.
--
fred
DavidG

When you have done painting, plant a pyracantha and train it to grow up and
long the top.
Nice sharp thorns as well as flowers and berries.

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Question about latex paint which is solidifying in the can Peter Palma Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 01:59 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM