Posted to alt.home.repair

Default USA snow and ice storm; gonna needing home repair

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Barometers are falling sharply!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyDoerpoSRI

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Barometers are falling sharply!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyDoerpoSRI

Hi,
We are just getting out of it.
temp. dipped down to -30C(wind chill -40C) almost 2 feet of snow,
strong wind. Snow drift buried many cars parked on the side of streets,
abandoned on highways. Me and family is fine. Just couldn't walk our
dog, Walter for whole week, too cold and icy for his paws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Things are pretty well frozen over here in N. TX.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2013 11:49 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Things are pretty well frozen over here in N. TX.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you all are OK.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:32:45 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Tonight -- Las Vegas -- Partly cloudy with a chance of snow after
midnight. Low of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

I may have to put long pants on

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Tonight -- Las Vegas -- Partly cloudy with a chance of snow after
midnight. Low of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

I may have to put long pants on

Ow. I was just there earlier this week and the weather was much nicer.
Senior Member

I still remember the blizzard that hit southern Manitoba on March 4, 1966.
I was 10 years old at the time. That blizzard dumped about 3 feet of snow on us, but the wind blew it into drifts that were much higher than 3 feet. My family and I were living in a town of about 4400 people about 25 miles north of Winnipeg at the time. I remember there was a snow drift that went all the way to the roof of our house. My two sisters and me played by climbing up that snow drift onto the roof of our house and jumping off the roof on the other side of our house into the 3 or so feet deep snow there.

The March 4 Blizzard of 1966 by George Siamandas

We got a similar blizzard on November 7th and 8th of 1986.
dnsyl57: Blizzard of 1986
The most powerful local radio station, CJOB, was used as a public service bulletin board to get volunteers with snowmobiles to transport doctors and nurses to the local hospitals, as well as getting prescription drugs to people that needed them.

That was the only time I've ever seen snowmobiles driving up and down the streets of Winnipeg.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Tonight -- Las Vegas -- Partly cloudy with a chance of snow after
midnight. Low of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

I may have to put long pants on

Ow. I was just there earlier this week and the weather was much nicer.

It was. I'm on pipe and pool pump patrol this week, so they don't
freeze. Next week will get warmer from climate change
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Things are pretty well frozen over here in N. TX.

Here in N. central Ar we're past the icing phase , now it's just snowing
heavily . Got like 6"-8" on the ground and still falling . At this stage of
the storm I think it unlikely we'll lose power unless some idiot takes out a
pole between here and wherever ours comes from .
--
Snag

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2013 1:42 PM, Snag wrote:

Things are pretty well frozen over here in N. TX.

Here in N. central Ar we're past the icing phase , now it's just snowing
heavily . Got like 6"-8" on the ground and still falling . At this stage of
the storm I think it unlikely we'll lose power unless some idiot takes out a
pole between here and wherever ours comes from .

That happened to me, a week ago, last Friday.
Wasn't even a storm, that day. Power out, two
hours.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Snag wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Things are pretty well frozen over here in N. TX.

Here in N. central Ar we're past the icing phase , now it's just snowing
heavily . Got like 6"-8" on the ground and still falling . At this stage of
the storm I think it unlikely we'll lose power unless some idiot takes out a
pole between here and wherever ours comes from .
--
Snag

The ice covered trees can still fall if the wind picks up. I heard some
guy in AR was killed last night when a tree fell on his camper
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:49:00 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Things are pretty well frozen over here in N. TX.

Reached a high of +12C here in "the great white north" - Waterloo
Ontario, yesterday. We've had about 2 inches of snow in total so far,
and it's all gone at the moment. The Yamaha Snow Blower has the
heated grips installed so I'm ready for it when it comes - and the new
7200 watt generator is ready to go as well.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Barometers are falling sharply!

Does anyone here follow the Farmers' Almanac?

_The “Days of Shivery” are Back! Read Our 2014 Forecast!_

by Caleb Weatherbee | Sunday, August 25th, 2013 | From: Weather

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2013/08/25/2014-us-winter-forecast/

Regions: (pic)

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2014-USFA-Winter.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:02:11 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

If my roommate yells at her for acting dog-like, she is likely to
go crap under his desk. ^_^

I'm not mad. Better his desk than yours.

.... back to my pipe and pool pump patrol
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Barometers are falling sharply!

Does anyone here follow the Farmers' Almanac?

_The “Days of Shivery” are Back! Read Our 2014 Forecast!_

by Caleb Weatherbee | Sunday, August 25th, 2013 | From: Weather

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2013/08/25/2014-us-winter-forecast/

Regions: (pic)

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2014-USFA-Winter.jpg

OMG! It's global COOLING! Better raise taxes *NOW*! It's for the
Children!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
Snag wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central
and mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Things are pretty well frozen over here in N. TX.

Here in N. central Ar we're past the icing phase , now it's just
snowing heavily . Got like 6"-8" on the ground and still falling .
At this stage of the storm I think it unlikely we'll lose power
unless some idiot takes out a pole between here and wherever ours
comes from . --
Snag

The ice covered trees can still fall if the wind picks up. I heard
some guy in AR was killed last night when a tree fell on his camper

AAAAaaaghhhhh don't say that ! I live in a camper out in the woods , and
there are at least a dozen trees that could possibly land on my camper ! But
actually I'm not too worried , we don't have that much ice on the trees and
lines .
--
Snag

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If my roommate yells at her for acting dog-like, she is likely to
go crap under his desk. ^_^

I'm not mad. Better his desk than yours.

... back to my pipe and pool pump patrol

35 years ago I owned a real dog, he retrieved bricks when I threw them
as far as I could. I raised him from a pup and he grew to be a cute
little 100lb Weimaraner. By the time he was a year old he could stand on
his hind legs and put his front paws on my shoulders but I'm only 5' 12"
tall. The end of my thumbs and Sandy's paws are the same size, darn
pocket puppy. ^_^

TDD
Senior Member

I'm actually quite suprised that you guys get this kind of weather as far south as northern Texas and Oklahoma.

I was under the impression that it rarely got below freezing in that area.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That would cause the release of a huge cloud of GREENhouse gas. ^_^
TDD

...pull my finger

Some of my farts can even run Sandy out from under the covers. ^_^

TDD

And the blankets go up a couple inches for
just a moment?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2013 8:18 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

That would cause the release of a huge cloud of GREENhouse gas. ^_^
TDD
...pull my finger

Some of my farts can even run Sandy out from under the covers. ^_^

TDD

And the blankets go up a couple inches for
just a moment?

And after the green fog rolling across the floor dissipates, I find a
lot of dead insects. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:18:02 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

Dec 5, 2013

News folks talking about the big ice and snow storm over central and
mideast USA. Massive power cuts possible. Ice, and more.

Barometers are falling sharply!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyDoerpoSRI

I've been dealing with frozen water and drainage pipes in my house and
barn, and I just found a cracked toilet in the trailer house I'm fixing.
What ****es me off is that I put RV antifreeze in that toilet, but
apparently there was just enough water in it to not let the anti-freeze
do it's job.

I'll bet that plumbers will be busy all over the country fixing broken
pipes due to freezing. And of course linemen and electricians will be
working round the clock in the south.

It used to be that people went south when the weather got too cold for
them, but now that the climate has gone bonkers, there is no longer that
option. I thought global warming was going to end these severe
winters.....

I hate winter!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 20:45:07 -0600, wrote:

[...]

"Global Warming" is a misnomer. The more correct term is "climate
change". Global warming can be argued successfully - climate change
can not.
Hotter hots, colder colds, wetter wets,stormier storms, and drier
dries, with conditions such as snow and flood occurring where they
have never/seldom occurred before

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 16:17:39 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I'm old enough to remember the seventies, and
that's the real problem.

So. You are a product of 'flower children"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Global weather changes... the misinformed call it global warming.

Hahahaha.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2013 4:15 PM, Daring Dufas : A Sock Of Killer Loon wrote:

Global weather changes... the misinformed call it global warming.

Hahahaha.

Killer Loon, living proof that human women should never have sex with
farm animals. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm old enough to remember the seventies, and
that's the real problem.

So. You are a product of 'flower children"?

Far out, man! You're groovy.
What, like, gives you that idea?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Senior Member

"Weather" is the average of extremes.

As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about the crazy weather they've been having lately.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.

As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.

Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.

As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.

Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^

TDD

Why would the weather talking about people change the weather?

"Wouldn't it be more fair..."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/8/2013 7:35 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.

As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.

Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^

TDD

Why would the weather talking about people change the weather?

"Wouldn't it be more fair..."

I want an anthropomorphic cloud to come down and tell me how it feels. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.

As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.

Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^

TDD

Why would the weather talking about people change the weather?

"Wouldn't it be more fair..."

I want an anthropomorphic cloud to come down and tell me how it feels. ^_^

TDD

Clouds coming down...I'm a bit foggy on that concept.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.

As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.

Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^

TDD

Why would the weather talking about people change the weather?

"Wouldn't it be more fair..."

I want an anthropomorphic cloud to come down and tell me how it feels. ^_^

TDD

Clouds coming down...I'm a bit foggy on that concept.

I've heard it was a mind blowing experience. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.
As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.
Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^
TDD

Why would the weather talking about people change the weather?
"Wouldn't it be more fair..."

I want an anthropomorphic cloud to come down and tell me how it feels. ^_^
TDD

Clouds coming down...I'm a bit foggy on that concept.

I've heard it was a mind blowing experience. ^_^

TDD

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.
As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.
Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^
TDD

Why would the weather talking about people change the weather?
"Wouldn't it be more fair..."

I want an anthropomorphic cloud to come down and tell me how it feels. ^_^
TDD

Clouds coming down...I'm a bit foggy on that concept.

I've heard it was a mind blowing experience. ^_^

TDD

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

I suppose that's why there's a drink called a hurricane? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/7/2013 7:22 PM, nestork wrote:

"Weather" is the average of extremes.
As far back as I can remember, people have always been talking about
the crazy weather they've been having lately.
Wouldn't it be much more fair if weather talked about crazy people? ^_^
TDD

Why would the weather talking about people change the weather?
"Wouldn't it be more fair..."

I want an anthropomorphic cloud to come down and tell me how it feels. ^_^
TDD

Clouds coming down...I'm a bit foggy on that concept.

I've heard it was a mind blowing experience. ^_^

TDD

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

I suppose that's why there's a drink called a hurricane? ^_^

TDD

Yes here comes the story of the Hurricane
The man the authorities came to blame
For something that he never done
Put in a prison cell but one time he could-a been
The champion of the world.