Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

SJ

Default Gonna buy a snow thrower

I was just going to head on over to Sears and see the Craftsman throwers
they have.
I see they have a 5hp 22" on sale for $499. Electric start, 2 stage, 16"
intake height.

I am wondering do the warehouse stores (Sams, Costco, BKs) also carry these
(if not now then maybe in a month or two)? Home Depot?

Thanks.
SJ

BOB

In .net,
SJ typed:
I was just going to head on over to Sears and see the Craftsman
throwers they have.
I see they have a 5hp 22" on sale for $499. Electric start, 2 stage,
16" intake height.

I am wondering do the warehouse stores (Sams, Costco, BKs) also carry
these (if not now then maybe in a month or two)? Home Depot?

Thanks.
SJ

I've never seen a snow blower in any of these stores.

B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:02:28 -0400, "BOB" wrote:

I've never seen a snow blower in any of these stores.

Maybe 'cause Bell South dosen't serve much snow country? G

Here in the northeastern USA, Home Depot, Lowes, Costco, Wal-Mart, and
Sam's all carry snow throwers in season.

I've learned over the years that many of the smaller, local dealers
offer much better equipment and service on power equipment than big
box stores, for just a bit more money. To me, the overall value is
better at a good local dealer.

Barry

Robert A. Barr

http://www.whatsthebest-lawnmower.co...n/yabb/YaBB.pl

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:50:32 GMT, someone wrote:

I see they have a 5hp 22" on sale for $499. Electric start, 2 stage, 16"
intake height.

What kinda climate, what kinda snowfall, what size & kind of area are
you clearing?

5hp x 22" is a little thing for walks or small driveways and no major
accumulations.

Where I live, we sometimes get more than 16 inches in one storm (if
you are home you can do it in stages, but maybe you were not home).
However, I have enough driveway that it is best done with a plow truck
or tractor. I have an 8hp snowblower for smaller areas, but have done
the whole drive with it for small storms and waved off the plow
contractor.

-v.