Default Craftsman Snow Thrower...Cracked Plastic Chute Deflector

The chute deflector on my snow thrower has cracked due to stones from
the driveway. Had the height adjust skid as high as it will go but the
occasional stones it still finds just added to the problem.

I've since covered the inside of the chute with a plate I fabricated
from aluminum which now shields the plastic chute quite well. Still
holding up after several snow storms but the wear & tear of stones might
eventually do it in.

I've called customer service and found the chute is covered under
warrantee but they want me to bring the whole machine in, kinda dumb
since it is listed as weighing 197 lbs. I ordered a new chute to
"modify" from the start in hopes it will prevent any future cracking of
the plastic but a metal chute would solve the problem (planned
obsolescence I suppose and it saves Sears costs on a metal chute to
begin with).

Does anyone know of a company that makes metal chutes that might fit the
Sears line?
Punch

wrote in message ...
The chute deflector on my snow thrower has cracked due to stones from
the driveway. Had the height adjust skid as high as it will go but the
occasional stones it still finds just added to the problem.

pave the driveway???

pave the driveway???

If you pay for it - I'll have it paved