Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another gun-totin creepy ass cracker at it again!

We need to ban handguns!!!

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-
Posted to alt.home.repair

We're sorry, this page is not available. Please visit the woodtv.com
homepage or use the search box below.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/20/2013 4:40 PM, Jack wrote:
We need to ban handguns!!!

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
We're sorry, this page is not available. Please visit the woodtv.com
homepage or use the search box below.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-

There is a dash at the end of the link that you need to add.
Recap -- two guys stand toe-to-toe and shoot/kill each other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We're sorry, this page is not available. Please visit the woodtv.com
homepage or use the search box below.

(Perhaps try a Tiny URL? )

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/20/2013 5:47 PM, 83LowRider wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
We're sorry, this page is not available. Please visit the woodtv.com
homepage or use the search box below.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-

There is a dash at the end of the link that you need to add.
Recap -- two guys stand toe-to-toe and shoot/kill each other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

No one needs to shoot each other!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvKXJ6VTlAM

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/20/2013 5:53 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
We're sorry, this page is not available. Please visit the woodtv.com
homepage or use the search box below.

(Perhaps try a Tiny URL? )

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
We're sorry, this page is not available. Please visit the woodtv.com
homepage or use the search box below.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-

There is a dash at the end of the link that you need to add.
Recap -- two guys stand toe-to-toe and shoot/kill each other.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Jack:

If Newtown, Conneticut didn't make any difference, this shooting won't either.

They should have settled this road rage incident like Canadians; pulled over onto the side of the road and punched each other's lights out. Good family entertainment and both of them would have learned to keep their temper in check after that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

A respite from blaming Bush?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

I just heard on the radio a while ago that another P.L.L.C.F. blamed the
murders at the naval base on the NRA instead of the crazy Negro American
who committed the crime. So typical of drain bamaged anti gun, anti 2nd
Amendment crowd. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
We're sorry, this page is not available. Please visit the woodtv.com
homepage or use the search box below.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-

There is a dash at the end of the link that you need to add.
Recap -- two guys stand toe-to-toe and shoot/kill each other.

You can back up to the url root and find it:

http://www.woodtv.com/news/ionia-county

Don't know why op is bringing this crap here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Frank wrote:

TDD

Police chief is shoot out capitol of America, Chicago, is blaming the
gun for the recent shoot out.

That's new. It is usually Indiana's fault.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

State with more people have more cars.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Police chief is shoot out capitol of America, Chicago, is blaming
the gun for the recent shoot out.

Maybe he's right.
http://www.livescience.com/39754-sta...homicides.html

States with more cars have more fatal automobile accidents. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 12:41:41 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

they also(CNN) reported him using an AR-15 shotgun. HUH?

giggle

_Wrongnado - CNN_

"Reporting on a mass shooting in Washington, CNN doesn't let a lack of
facts get in the way of drawing speculative conclusions."

Video:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-17-2013/wrongnado---cnn
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

they also(CNN) reported him using an AR-15 shotgun. HUH?

giggle

_Wrongnado - CNN_

"Reporting on a mass shooting in Washington, CNN doesn't let a lack of
facts get in the way of drawing speculative conclusions."

Video:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-17-2013/wrongnado---cnn

that there is some funny ****, i don't care who you are
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:25:47 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

they also(CNN) reported him using an AR-15 shotgun. HUH?

giggle

_Wrongnado - CNN_

"Reporting on a mass shooting in Washington, CNN doesn't let a lack of
facts get in the way of drawing speculative conclusions."

Video:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-17-2013/wrongnado---cnn

that there is some funny ****, i don't care who you are
LOL

The next one goes along the same lines.

"The Best F#@king News Team Ever Covers Breaking News"

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-17-2013/the-best-f--king-news-team-ever---godzilla
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nothing like a dignified guy in a good suit,
who lampoons the media.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/21/2013 4:25 PM, ChairMan wrote:
_Wrongnado - CNN_

"Reporting on a mass shooting in Washington, CNN doesn't let a lack of
facts get in the way of drawing speculative conclusions."

Video:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-17-2013/wrongnado---cnn

that there is some funny ****, i don't care who you are
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

Naah, it was a machine gun Smith and Wesson .38 revolver.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

they also(CNN) reported him using an AR-15 shotgun. HUH?

You mean they didn't report that an AK47 pistol was used? o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 17:44:33 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

they also(CNN) reported him using an AR-15 shotgun. HUH?

You mean they didn't report that an AK47 pistol was used? o_O

Looks like NBC and CBS screwed the pooch -AGAIN!!

_How I was mistaken for the Navy Yard shooter_

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2682408722001/how-i-was-mistaken-for-the-navy-yard-shooter/?playlist_id=86925

I smell money -- cats covering up shift.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 18:57:43 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Naah, it was a machine gun Smith and Wesson .38 revolver.

A fully-automatic revolver?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, heavens, yes! A machine gun revolver.
All the Chicago gangsters have them.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

Naah, it was a machine gun Smith and Wesson .38 revolver.

A fully-automatic revolver?

Senior Member

Just for my own understanding:

A "revolver" by definition has to have a cylinder that houses the bullets, and that cylinder rotates to bring each bullet into alignment with the barrel.

So the following would be a revolver:
http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallp...2P-800x600.jpg

Is there a special name for a hand gun that carries it's bullets in a clip inside the handle, like this:

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/magazin_e.jpg

That is, is there a single word that conveys the idea that the hand gun uses a bullet clip that fits inside it's handle?

My understanding is that revolvers typically hold 6 bullets. Is there a "typical" number of bullets that a hand gun with a bullet clip in it's handle would carry? Would 11 or 12 be about right?

Last edited by nestork : September 22nd 13 at 06:41 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://tinyurl.com/nszqul6

Is there a special name for a hand gun that carries it's bullets in a
clip inside the handle, like this:

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/magazin_e.jpg

That is, is there a single word that conveys the idea that the hand gun
uses a bullet clip that fits inside it's handle?

My understanding is that revolvers typically hold 6 bullets. Is there a
"typical" number of bullets that a hand gun with a bullet clip in it's
handle would carry? Would 11 or 12 be about right?

There are some revolvers that have more than 6 cartridges and some large
caliber revolvers that I seem to recall having 5 in the cylinder. Please
use the correct terminology, it's a "magazine" not a "clip". ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_%28firearms%29

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...its-important/

http://tinyurl.com/a8z97da

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Years ago, I did see a 9 shot revolver, in .22
rimfire. I've also seen revolvers with 5 cartridges.
One was a snubby pocket gun. Others were large
boomers.

Now, to tell the reading audience what a clip is.
Some were wonderful, and some were just Garand.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

There are some revolvers that have more than 6 cartridges and some large
caliber revolvers that I seem to recall having 5 in the cylinder. Please
use the correct terminology, it's a "magazine" not a "clip". ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_%28firearms%29

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...its-important/

http://tinyurl.com/a8z97da

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 07:23:02 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

Colt .38 from the 1970's held only 5 cartridge rounds.

And please use "cartridge(s)" (also called a round or a shell) instead
of "bullets". The bullet is the thingy that pokes the holes, sent
forth by the propellant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_%28firearms%29

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...its-important/

http://tinyurl.com/a8z97da

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2013 4:40 PM, Jack wrote:

We need to ban handguns!!!

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-

Ignorance is bliss.
Mormons are prohibited from being exposed to certain types of information that may allow SATAN to confiscate thier souls.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I thought "Bullet" was a movie? o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 20, 2013 4:40:43 PM UTC-4, Jack wrote:
We need to ban handguns!!!

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ion...t-blank-range-

Why? 2 4 1
A gunnut and a prison guard

You black piece of ****.
Senior Member

OK, I appreciate all of the responses, but I'm not sure if you understood exactly what I was asking.

Let's say Sam walks into a gun shop with the intent of buying a hand gun that held the cartridges in a magazine which slid into the handle of the gun.

Sam asks the nice man at the counter to show him what he has in the way of _________s. (fill in the blank)

What would Sam ask to see if he wanted to make it clear that he was not interested in revolvers, but only handguns that held the cartridges in a magazine which fit inside the handle of the gun.

If there is no actual word for that kind of a hand gun, a statement saying that there is no such dedicated word would completely answer my question as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd ask the counter man for a semi automatic pistol.

"Along the lines of a nineteen eleven, or a
Glock, y'know, man?"

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/22/2013 3:57 PM, nestork wrote:

OK, I appreciate all of the responses, but I'm not sure if you
understood exactly what I was asking.

Let's say Sam walks into a gun shop with the intent of buying a hand gun
that held the cartridges in a magazine which slid into the handle of the
gun.

Sam asks the nice man at the counter to show him what he has in the way
of _________s. (fill in the blank)

What would Sam ask to see if he wanted to make it clear that he was not
interested in revolvers, but only handguns that held the cartridges in a
magazine which fit inside the handle of the gun.

If there is no actual word for that kind of a hand gun, a statement
saying that there is no such dedicated word would completely answer my
question as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 21:57:02 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Let's say Sam walks into a gun shop with the intent of buying a hand gun
that held the cartridges in a magazine which slid into the handle of the
gun.

Sam asks the nice man at the counter to show him what he has in the way
of _________s. (fill in the blank)

What would Sam ask to see if he wanted to make it clear that he was not
interested in revolvers, but only handguns that held the cartridges in a
magazine which fit inside the handle of the gun.

If there is no actual word for that kind of a hand gun, a statement
saying that there is no such dedicated word would completely answer my
question as well.

Sam would ask for a double-action "semi-automatic pistol".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_pistol
Senior Member

Thank you, Gentlemen.

"Semi-automatic pistol" is good enough for me.

Last edited by nestork : September 23rd 13 at 12:25 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 01:14:11 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Aren't all modern hand guns "semi-automatic" in that they fire one shot
each time you pull the trigger?

So, I'm thinking that a revolver would also meet the definition of a
"semi-automatic pistol" in that it fires one bullet each time you pull
the trigger.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here. If there is no word that's
meant to differentiate a hand gun that has a magazine in it's handle
from a "revolver", maybe just tell me there's no such word and I will
accept that as a valid answer.

Or, in the example provided, would Sam have to actually say: "I want a
hand gun that has a magazine in it's handle; not a revolver."?

A revolver can be fired in single-action or double-action.
Single-action requires that the hammer be cocked first.

Some single-action revolvers are not double-action (think of the wild
wild west). The hammer needed to be cocked each time, thus, the
practice of "fanning the hammer".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanning_(firearms)

Sam still wants a double-action semi-automatic pistol. My revolver can
be double-action - without cocking the hammer

Beating a dead horse, you only end up with a dead horse with bruises.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:51:52 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

I have one, its not an AR but....
http://www.taurususa.com/video-theJudge.cfm

I would not bet my life on one at a distance. For the price ($550.00
at Bass Pro) I can get (have) a more affective weapon - beyond ten
feet.

A friend took one on a partial trade in lieu of cash. The Judge would
be good if you want to get close enough and stuff the barrel in the
mouth of a bandit.

Not me. Distance gives an advantage
Posted to alt.home.repair

That really rules out a lot of good guns, when you limit it like that.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/22/2013 6:27 PM, Oren wrote:

If there is no actual word for that kind of a hand gun, a statement
saying that there is no such dedicated word would completely answer my
question as well.

Sam would ask for a double-action "semi-automatic pistol".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_pistol

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam would be better served, not to limit his
choices like that.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/22/2013 7:43 PM, Oren wrote:
Sam still wants a double-action semi-automatic pistol. My revolver can
be double-action - without cocking the hammer

Beating a dead horse, you only end up with a dead horse with bruises.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:04:23 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Years ago, I did see a 9 shot revolver, in .22
rimfire. I've also seen revolvers with 5 cartridges.
One was a snubby pocket gun. Others were large
boomers.

Yes, S&W makes .22 revolvers with 10 shots, too. My 617 only holds
six (to make it an identical copy of my 686 .357 ;-) but I could have
ordered it with a 10 round cylinder, too.

Five round cylinders are common for compact large caliber guns. I've
seen a lot of five-round snubby .357s.

Now, to tell the reading audience what a clip is.
Some were wonderful, and some were just Garand.

You really should be punished for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Do you shoot Bullits?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OK, I appreciate all of the responses, but I'm not sure if you
understood exactly what I was asking.

Let's say Sam walks into a gun shop with the intent of buying a hand gun
that held the cartridges in a magazine which slid into the handle of the
gun.

Sam asks the nice man at the counter to show him what he has in the way
of _________s. (fill in the blank)

Semi-automatics (auto-loaders)?
Pistol?

Pistol isn't quite the right word. A "pistol" is a gun with the
chamber being an integral part of the barrel. A single-shot handgun
or a lever action would also be a "pistol". A revolver would not. It
would tell the guy behind the counter what you wanted, though.
Semi-automatic is probably a more common word.

What would Sam ask to see if he wanted to make it clear that he was not
interested in revolvers, but only handguns that held the cartridges in a
magazine which fit inside the handle of the gun.

If there is no actual word for that kind of a hand gun, a statement
saying that there is no such dedicated word would completely answer my
question as well.

"Semi-auto" is probably the most common term used.